Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, Guwop said:

starting without confidence because saquon got hurt

Same here. Hopefully Nagy realizes that Trubisky's arm isn't going to beat MIN. Can't afford to start 0-2 in the division.

12 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

[...]

I think Nagy will soon realize that he picked a  bad egg at QB, thus needing to craft his game plans off of the play action pass via a run game. This regime hand picked this kid, and although the play calling to date has been horrible, D Mont had his best game as a pro last week and will get more comfortable as we go on.

You realize Fox coached Trubisky his rookie year, right? Nagy had nothing to do with Trubisky being on the Bears.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Nagy is a terrible coach. End of story 

14-4 regular season record as coach. Division champions his first year. Yup, terrible coach.

2 minutes ago, Mest30 said:

14-4 regular season record as coach. Division champions his first year. Yup, terrible coach.

ha sample size and record has little to do with HC. 

image7094680x.jpg

• Like 2

On September 26, 2019 at 3:55 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Chicago Bears

RBBC Breakdown

Player Team SNAP % #Plays Utilized % of Offense PPRpts PPRpts / 100 Snaps
David Montgomery CHI 66.70% 16 24% 11.1 25.2
Tarik Cohen CHI 48.50% 8 12% 4.4 13.8

The Bears, oh my! They have not been very good offensively, especially in the running game. Chicago is averaging the 4th fewest offensive yards per game and the 12th fewest yards rushing per game. Despite Tarik Cohen out-snapping David Montgomery on the season, Montgomery is the player to own in this backfield. Montgomery is currently just outside RB2 status for the season and should make the jump into RB range over the next few weeks especially with, as the number from Week 3 show, Head Coach Matt Nagy increasing the workload that Montgomery is seeing. If you own Cohen don’t distress – there will still be plays designed specifically for Cohen and he will carry some flex appeal. (note: Mike Davis is not included in this because he had one snap for one attempt for two yards which adds up to one bad performance.) <<<

good news is that we gots Davis in the rear view (for now)

... bad news?

Image result for matt nagy gif

Nagy looking like a homeless man's version of Bill Goldberg in this shot. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ha sample size and record has little to do with HC. 

image7094680x.jpg

So results in a results driven league have little to do with success. Got it.

On September 27, 2019 at 12:05 AM, BIGFATPANDA said:

Everyone needs to RELAX. It was a get right game for Trusbisky to get his confidence back cuz he sucks. Game against Vikings for first place. Montgomery will be used appropriately. 

we’re all disappointed he’s not living up to expectations but look at Jakob’s, Fournette or Carson...not exactly world beaters

hes doing fine in limited work. 

He may be used appropriately this game, but he will probably have nowhere to run, which will get the genius Nagy to think Montgomery sucks, and thus will go back to under utilizing him next week.

• Thanks 2

Montgomery will score 20+ points on everyone’s bench this week (including mine). If he can actually put up good stats against the Vikings then I’ll be starting him with a great deal more confidence going forward.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mest30 said:

Yeah because of Vic, Mack and the defense. His playcalling and game management is suspect which is why they wont go anywhere 

• Like 1

I hope he lights it up on my bench. So I can start him with confidence next week. I’m starting Phillip Lindsay over him. 

Edited by Vivens26

No options for me.  I’ll be happy if he can squeak out 10 points.  I’m just not going to make the mistake of watching the game again.

[...] Brighter days are coming, they didn't hand pick this kid to completely shun him. When fall/winter sets in, he's gonna get major run. He has good vision, the playcalling has just been horrid. Hold the line here, it's gonna come. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Viking have trouble against backs who can catch and running quarterbacks..I'm guessing Trubisky and Cohen lead the offense today.  

9 hours ago, Gohawks said:

They beat 

Cool, so they won. So the very plausible scenario that you're trying to poke fun at isn't disputed by your post at all. Shocker. 

8 hours ago, mrfrood said:

He may be used appropriately this game, but he will probably have nowhere to run, which will get the genius Nagy to think Montgomery sucks, and thus will go back to under utilizing him next week.

This. Nagy's going to throw 40 times, have no success against one of the best run defenses in the league (or in throwing the ball, because Trubisky), and think he should've thrown 50 times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mest30 said:

He was brought in as an "offesive guru". Yup really lived up to that.

Cant just look at the win-loss and say whether someone is good or not. Oh and that 12-4 record last year resulted in a 1 and done in the playoffs.

• Like 2

Nagy knows what he's doing. Trust that the offense will open up the running game after a few big games from trubisky.

Edited by Kaii23

11 hours ago, Mest30 said:

Calm down Nagy. We just want you to utilize Montgomery more like you said you would all preseason 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

He was brought in as an "offesive guru". Yup really lived up to that.

Cant just look at the win-loss and say whether someone is good or not. Oh and that 12-4 record last year resulted in a 1 and done in the playoffs.

Exactly. It's like saying Brian "trust me, I know quarterbacks" Billick was a good HC bc he won a SB. His offenses always underachieved, riding the back of great defenses. 

• Like 1

24 touches 

Davis inactive

Defense you can’t score on. With better matchups, RB2 potential.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

You can blame Nagy all you want, but I'm sorry. 

Monty is a plodder. He is slow as molasses. 

If Monty was molasses Emmit Smith was running with concrete shoes. Vision, a good O line, and tackle-breaking ability are all more important than speed.

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, mjb said:

24 touches 

Davis inactive

Defense you can’t score on. With better matchups, RB2 potential.

All his touches came in the last quarter to play keep away. He’s not part of the game plan. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, sleepysock said:

If Monty was molasses Emmit Smith was running with concrete shoes. Vision, a good O line, and tackle-breaking ability are all more important than speed.

I'd like to believe you but Monty hasn't shown any of that at the NFL level yet. 

Have to take off the rose-coloured glasses at some point.