Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

17 hours ago, gufomel said:

Remember week 2 the Raiders sold out to stop the run against the Chiefs of all teams and dared Mahomes to throw. They held the Chiefs to 31 rushing yards and Mahomes torched them through the air to the tune of 443 passing yards.

That was with Burfict.  He's gone.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:07 AM, gufomel said:

On paper it seems like a Week 5 against Oakland could be a breakout game for Monty, but I’m concerned about the Raiders selling out to stop the run.

Remember week 2 the Raiders sold out to stop the run against the Chiefs of all teams and dared Mahomes to throw. They held the Chiefs to 31 rushing yards and Mahomes torched them through the air to the tune of 443 passing yards. It was a ridiculous game plan by the Raiders going up against the Chiefs. But if they intend to employ the same game plan against the Bears, I would expect it to be highly successful. 

Dared Mahommes to throw?... Bold strategy, Cotton...

Really hope this is the week that Nagy realizes that they need to run and this guy is the main benefactor. I don't like that tape of him missing the hole and bouncing around so much... kind of reminds me of how Brandon Jackson used to run.  Hopefully, they've told him that he needs to put his head down sometimes.

• Haha 1

Just now, ThePerfectBeard said:

Really hope this is the week that Nagy realizes that they need to run and this guy is the main benefactor. I don't like that tape of him missing the hole and bouncing around so much... kind of reminds me of how Brandon Jackson used to run.  Hopefully, they've told him that he needs to put his head down sometimes.

I swear every week for the last 2 years there's someone in the Nagy RB thread with this post. Every. Single. Week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I swear every week for the last 2 years there's someone in the Nagy RB thread with this post. Every. Single. Week.

Just doing my duty! I wouldn't want to break the trend.

The good thing is he is running routes and he caught 3 passes that will keep him on the field more and help establish a floor.

• Like 1

The Raiders are going to be without linebacker Vontaze Burfict, who was an important acquisition to their run defense this year. We watched them struggle to contain the run in 2018, allowing a massive 4.77 yards per carry and 13 touchdowns, which included six top-12 PPR performances against them. Missing Burfict may open the flood gates, as they’ll have to lean on 2017 undrafted free agent Nicholas Morrow to fill his spot, and the team was already without starting strong safety Johnathan Abram.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/10/the-primer-week-5-edition-fantasy-football-2019/#chi-oak

I don't see the floodgates opening, but I do expect Montgomery's best game of the season so far.

Hopefully he has a big game and you can sell high since he will be back to being useless once Trashbisky returns.

This is a god send to rid your self of a bears RB coached by a bald headed visor wearing loser.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Hopefully he has a big game and you can sell high since he will be back to being useless once Trashbisky returns.

This is a god send to rid your self of a bears RB coached by a bald headed visor wearing loser.

Guess I won't spend much of my energy trying to trade him to you.

Hard to succeed when you are only put in a position to fail. Few rookies are going to overcome a bad line and bad playcalling. Sadly I don't think this changes all season. Lost year for Monty.

• Like 1

bust level RB that was saved by the bears defense putting them on the goal-line

Oof, i do like how this kid fights for every inch but damn. This is not a good situation for him fantasy wise.

He's a good runner with good hands. He just doesn't seem real fast or explosive. He reminds a little bit of Lamont Jordan. It doesn't help that the offense is constipated.

• Like 1

Line is BAD, but he kind of looks like a full back when he gets the ball. It's hard to say whether that's because of his skill level, or because he's getting swarmed in the backfield. 

I was a huge fan coming into the season, but I'm not seeing anything that excites me so far. 

Posted (edited)

Maybe Monty isn’t very good (I’m not conceding that but will accept it as a possibility), but it is a certainty at this point that Nagy is incapable of scheming for the run.

I’m seriously considering dropping. I know it’s probably not a smart move, but he seriously seems to have a ceiling of 15 in this offense (and that’s if the defense gets the ball for the offense at the goal line and the fat lards on the O-line fall forward into the end zone TWICE IN A SINGLE GAME). And his floor is like 1.

There’s like 60 RBs out there with a ceiling of 15 and floor of 1.

Edited by gufomel

4 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

fantasy waist 

Meaning he has a fantasy waist (whatever that means), or he is a fantasy waste? 

thought he was turning a corner turning into the workhorse sigh... risky play each week hoping for a salvage td.

5 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

fantasy waist 

I  have a fantasy waist.  And it ain't pretty......

• Like 1

He got bad-lucked into a terrible situation. Too bad he didn't end up elsewhere. Maybe if the Bears miss the playoffs Nagy gets the boot and Monty will be better used next year. Would help if they revamped the line as well, obviously. For me his value wasn't as an exciting breakaway back that could give you 5+ yards a carry, but as a potential workhorse who would get a ton of goal line carries and could catch the ball.

Guess a lot of us gave Nagy and the Bears too much credit since Montgomery was "his guy" and he claimed all sorts of things that turned out to be dead-eyed lies. He's like a dirtbag father that strongly hints you're going to get that PS4 you've been asking for but when your birthday comes he just throws a Cordarelle Patterson jersey in your face on his way out the door to the visor store.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I am still waiting until ~Week 8 and a couple post-bye games to decide what Monty is for the second half, but there's really not much more than straws to grasp at this point. He looks okay, at best, the blocking and play calling and surrounding power of the offense has all been bad. The good news, I guess, is that he's the clear goalline back, gets double digits touches every game, and there's not much more of a way than up to go from here.

He's a TD dependent RB3 until further notice and might remain that way for the rest of the year. Pretty bad for a (me) 4th rounder. 😕

• Thanks 1

don't worry he'll heat up (🤔) once it gets cold

right guys?

right?

33 minutes ago, Guwop said:

don't worry he'll heat up (🤔) once it gets cold

right guys?

right?

Yeah he'll heat up the bench.

Oh wait, I have no RBs. Get in the RB2 slot and get a TD, son! LOL