Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

feels like owning mixon's and royce freeman rookie season all over again. next year boys. 

• Like 1

Guy reminds me of Rob Kelley. Never loses yards and finds a way to fall forwards and looks very tough to bring down. However, he looks slow as molasses in the open field. Cohen and Patterson much are better served to get the ball in space. He just doesn't look to be dynamic enough to become more than a high-end RB3 unless he starts getting workhorse volume.

He had a really nice contested catch.

gotta find the positives somewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Guy reminds me of Rob Kelley. Never loses yards and finds a way to fall forwards and looks very tough to bring down. However, he looks slow as molasses in the open field. Cohen and Patterson much are better served to get the ball in space. He just doesn't look to be dynamic enough to become more than a high-end RB3 unless he starts getting workhorse volume.

Cohen is averaging 2.2 yards per carry. The Bears O line is so damn bad. 

Monty is turning 2 yard losses into 2 yard gains play after play. 

Didn’t get to watch the game, but how was the play calling? I understand the concerns with O line, but more so wanna know about if Nagy has is showing any signs of decency? Snap count shares are a bit concerning from

a box score perspective - any specific reason to this?

Nagy needs to bench Long ASAP!!! Bears need to implement a power run game and start taking more deep shots on first downs. Teams are creeping up cause they don't respect the deep throws at all. 

19 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Didn’t get to watch the game, but how was the play calling?

I didn't watch the game either.  Play calling sucked though.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I didn't watch the game either.  Play calling sucked though.

The play calling sucked? I'm stunned. 😂

25 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

Nagy needs to bench Long ASAP!!! Bears need to implement a power run game and start taking more deep shots on first downs. Teams are creeping up cause they don't respect the deep throws at all. 

Who the f--- can throw deep on this team?

Started him over Jacob's in one league... mistake nagy sucks

11 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Started him over Jacob's in one league... mistake nagy sucks

I did too. Luckily still won the matchup. 

There's no active FB on the roster. The TE combo of Burton and Shaheen are very bad in-line blockers, assuming they suit up in the first place since 1 of them is usually hurt. The o-line of Long, Leno and Massie are bad and the line as a whole are soft. As much creativity and exotic looks that Nagy puts into pass plays, he looks unimaginative and bland with his runs designs... assuming that the run doesn't get abandoned in the first place.  And even if the aforementioned were fixable, the play of both QBs gives defenses no reason to not crowd the line. I believe David can be serviceable but his situation is turning him into a bust. Nagy is Gary Crowton/Marc Trestman 2.0 with a dumb looking cap.

With Burfict out and Chase under center Nagy should have created a run-heavy game plan.

Instead it was pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass lose.

Dark and Binding Oath.  Never again until Nagy and all his works are banished from the State of Illinois.

• Like 1

Montgomery is a huge disappointment. Reading this thread I got suckered into believing, he was actually good. I want a do over. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

With Burfict out and Chase under center Nagy should have created a run-heavy game plan.

Instead it was pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass lose.

Dark and Binding Oath.  Never again until Nagy and all his works are banished from the State of Illinois.

also didn't help that Oakland started bisch slapping the mighty Bears defense the minute they stepped off the plane ... the Bears looked uninspired, uninterested, underwhelming - an ill prepared bunch, no question. 

Montgomery is a, decent back, but he's not elite. It would take a saquon barkley/nick chubb level player to overcome the mediocrity that surrounds montgomery in the Bears offense. 

10 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Montgomery is a huge disappointment. Reading this thread I got suckered into believing, he was actually good. I want a do over. 

I wish people would just quit responding so it doesn't put it on the first page.  

It's like walking into a bar and the first thing someone always says is, "Hey!! Remember that time you pooped in your pants!".

Ah...I'd almost forgotten.  So thanks for bringing it up.  I'd hate to go a whole day without self loathing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, K197040 said:

I wish people would just quit responding so it doesn't put it on the first page.  

It's like walking into a bar and the first thing someone always says is, "Hey!! Remember that time you pooped in your pants!".

Ah...I'd almost forgotten.  So thanks for bringing it up.  I'd hate to go a whole day without self loathing.

this needs to stay bumped so that when next year rolls around and nagy does his coachspeak and folks try to ignore the coaches impact on a player we can bring this up. Second year in a row nagy ruined his lead rb fantasy wise. 

Can’t believe anyone would drop. He’s RB27 in my league. Next best RB is Kenyon Drake, RB50. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

also didn't help that Oakland started bisch slapping the mighty Bears defense the minute they stepped off the plane ... the Bears looked uninspired, uninterested, underwhelming - an ill prepared bunch, no question. 

They need to bench Charles Leno and Kyle long. Leno can’t stop holding onto everyone and Long is still probably dealing with injuries. 

Either way the only fantasy relevant bear is Allen Robinson.

And the D.

Posted (edited)

i mean, we all knew it was bad - but did we realize it was this bad??!?

>>> Joe Ostrowski (@JoeO670) Tweeted: Bears offensive ranks into bye:

*Explosive Run Rate 3% - 31st

*Yards Per Play 4.5 - 30th

*Explosive Play Rate 5% - 30th

*Points Per Drive 1.44 - 29th

*Explosive Pass Rate 6% - 28th

*Efficiency -10.6 - 26th

Sup Nagy. This is Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals stuff <<<

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i mean, we all knew it was bad - but did we realize it was this bad??!?

>>> Joe Ostrowski (@JoeO670) Tweeted: Bears offensive ranks into bye:

*Explosive Run Rate 3% - 31st

*Yards Per Play 4.5 - 30th

*Explosive Play Rate 5% - 30th

*Points Per Drive 1.44 - 29th

*Explosive Pass Rate 6% - 28th

*Efficiency -10.6 - 26th

Sup Nagy. This is Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals stuff <<<

Matt will figure it all out.  He's smarter than everyone else.  Just ask him.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Someone must have rage dropped him after this past weekend. I'm just hoping the 4th priority waiver pick is enough to snag him. He might be in a rut but there aren't many good RB options left. Everyone and their brother is stashing RBs like hotcakes. If Cohen ever gets injured, he would be a bellcow RB2. Right now he's a RB3 standalone.

Edited by WaiverLooter

1 hour ago, Goatstain3 said:

Matt will figure it all out.  He's smarter than everyone else.  Just ask him.

- if you locked him and Gase in a room for 48 hours, would anyone bother to check on them?

🤔

• Haha 2