Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

I’m starting him this week. Anybody doing the same?

I am, but it’s not because I believe he’ll do much in the running games against the Saints. 

3 minutes ago, konstao said:

benching him for jordan howard. but its a tough decision im keeping going back and forth

same.

well, not really ... i bench Monty for Sanders - ppr, and Sanders has no Sproles to deal wif atm.  

Iggles offense goes OFFFFFF tmrw night.

That said, I could easily see him with 60 yards and a TD.

I think ever DMonty owner would be happy to get this kind of production. I would be estatic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weakkneeswilly said:

That said, I could easily see him with 60 yards and a TD.

I think ever DMonty owner would be happy to get this kind of production. I would be estatic.

I’d be happy with that.  

I’d say his floor this week is:

40 total yards

ceiling:

120 yards, 2 TDs

Edited by Smoketheclay

farewell, kid. 

a marginal talent wrapped in a pathetic scheme coached by a raving f'n lunatic. 

yeah ... no. 

• Like 2

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

farewell, kid. 

yeah ... no. 

Still think he has talent. What the hell is he supposed to do with 2, yes 2, carries. 

I think Mike Davis comes back into the frey next week.  I would imagine there would have to be some internal push to balance the offense.  They may end up leaning on Davis for that.  The Montgomery experiment may be coming to an anticlimactic end.  Nagy's so retarded, I'm not sure it matters.  His horrid offense that lacks any sort of game management really hurts the defense, as they're off the field for just a minute at a time.  His entire philosophy doesn't make any sense what-so-ever.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

farewell, kid. 

yeah ... no. 

Yep.  Sure glad I didn't get this guy in drafts even though I did have my eyes on him.  He was just always going sooner than I wanted to take him.  This is why I usually refuse to draft rookie RB's too early unless there sure-fire guys like Zeke, Saquon, etc.

Everybody was thinking he'd be the next Kareem Hunt....  

• Thanks 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

Still think he has talent. What the hell is he supposed to do with 2, yes 2, carries. 

i never said he wasn't - i called him "marginal" - semantics, blahblahblah .. 

gist of my point is he is not talented enough to transcend the many peripherals in his way. 

he gone 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i never said he wasn't - i called him "marginal" - semantics, blahblahblah .. 

gist of my point is he is not talented enough to transcend the many peripherals in his way. 

he gone 🤷‍♂️

Yeah...I think he's talented....that's not the issue.  The issue is coaching, usage and the Bear's offense.  They're a mess.

• Like 1

This was a brutally tough matchup.  The Saints are elite up front.  There's only 1 more tough matchup this season (PHI Week 9).

3 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

This was a brutally tough matchup.  The Saints are elite up front.  There's only 1 more tough matchup this season (PHI Week 9).

I don't think you start Montgomery against Miami or T.C. Williams for that matter.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

I don't think you start Montgomery against Miami or T.C. Williams for that matter.  

You haven't seen my roster!

Well they say that nothing really changes until you hit rock bottom... So good things must be ahead. Because things can't get much worse. 

This dude might be droppable with bye weeks coming up. Cannot break a long run and the bears offense don’t have that many red zone opportunities. Nagy also likes to run gadget plays with Cohen at the goal line. Not sure if I can afford to keep him. I thought he was in the mccoy, Jordan Howard range. But he might be in the low RB3 range with Peyton Barber and Ronald Jones. Mixon also deserves to be there as well.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Drop city on this guy. There are guys like Edmonds on the wire I’d rather own. Montgomery is too much of a headache in this trash offense 

37 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Nagy press conference below. This guy lacks a clue.  I don't think there's hope boys.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/nagy-on-loss-to-saints

Wow. After watching that presser, I truly don’t understand how that asshat is an NFL head coach. He is absolutely clueless. Clueless. He doesn’t even know where to begin in righting the ship. He basically said after having runs of 1, 0, 2 yards in the first quarter he abandoned the run because the “pass game was working.” What??? That pass game was not working. Even your best NFL teams don’t abandon the run after a few duds. Let alone teams with an awful, gun-shy QB. 

The only positive I got out of this is the media harassing him about not establishing the run, and then him stating over and over how it’s unacceptable not getting the run game going. 

My half glass full mentality will give Monty one more shot.. because he has a solid ROS RB schedule and the Bears literally have to figure out how to run or their season is over. Every game they’ve won the run was established and they fed Monty the rock (posting at least respectable FLEX numbers). One more chance.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Nagy press conference below. This guy lacks a clue.  I don't think there's hope boys.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/nagy-on-loss-to-saints

Wow, just wow. That was brutal. Man has no idea what he is doing. He apparently thought the pass game was working in the first half. I know more about the way the game went, and I didnt even watch it.

3 minutes ago, Leibinger said:

Wow. After watching that presser, I truly don’t understand how that asshat is an NFL head coach. He is absolutely clueless. Clueless. He doesn’t even know where to begin in righting the ship. He basically said after having runs of 1, 0, 2 yards in the first quarter he abandoned the run because the “pass game was working.” What??? That pass game was not working. Even your best NFL teams don’t abandon the run after a few duds. Let alone teams with an awful, gun-shy QB. 

The only positive I got out of this is the media harassing him about not establishing the run, and then him stating over and over how it’s unacceptable not getting the run game going. 

My half glass full mentality will give Monty one more shot.. because he has a solid ROS RB schedule and the Bears literally have to figure out how to run or their season is over. Every game they’ve won the run was established and they fed Monty the rock (posting at least respectable FLEX numbers). One more chance.

He thinks hes still in KC with Mahomes. This guy is an idiot.

If only Nagy applied the standards he has for the run game to his pass game. I’m not sure how you determine the run game isn’t working after three carries but obviously this is why he makes the big bucks and I don’t. 

With Nagy at HC, droppable in all formats.