Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

Blame Nagy all you want. 

Monty is slow. Period. He’s a slow running back. And regardless of the slowness or Nagy’s play calling, he’s one of the worst picks in fantasy this year based on his ADP. 

Is what it is.

and, remember, kiddies ... all because NeggHead says he's gonna run more does not necessarily mean Monty gets fed - prepare for the resurrection of Mike Davis, the onslaught of CP84 dominated drives, cutesy traps and sweeps and the like for Cohen, designed jaunts for $$$$$ Money f'n Mitch $$$$$, etcetcetcetc ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Blame Nagy all you want. 

Monty is slow. Period. He’s a slow running back. And regardless of the slowness or Nagy’s play calling, he’s one of the worst picks in fantasy this year based on his ADP. 

Is what it is.

You get that from the 2 carries?

Nagy said the first carry of the game (Cohen for 0 yards) was a “gut punch”

how the f--- can the first carry be a gut punch enough for you to let Mitch throw 40 times? Unreal. He needs to be gone mid season to salvage any of this season. I’m shocked they are .500

• Haha 3

I would love to be one of the reporters that gets to ask him questions during the post-game conference.

I would make him look like the complete clown that he is.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Blame Nagy all you want. 

Is what it is.

We can’t be at fault into believing in David Montgomery so you are correct let’s just blame the head coach. It’s easier 

18 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You get that from the 2 carries?

Nope. 71 carries 231 yards 3.3 average 38.8 yards per game .. crap 

• Like 1

I'd pay good money to put Chip Kelly, Matt LaFleur and Nagy together in a room and have them gameplan a script for coaching, say, the 1996 Steelers to see who could devise the most boneheaded plays for running Jerome Bettis out of the shotgun for 6 run plays in a spread offense around Mike Tomczak throwing it 50 times.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

We can’t be at fault into believing in David Montgomery so you are correct let’s just blame the head coach. It’s easier 

Do you even watch the games? Or a box score hero?

• Like 1

Hard to run the ball when the other team knows you can't throw it.

16 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

lol yeah you clearly don’t watch the games. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Do you even watch the games? Or a box score hero?

I will repeat this one more time. The offensive line sucks, they cannot block the offense is running on empty. 

• Like 1

The saddest part of this is that everyone that resented Howard's usage last year realizes that was actually the best you could hope for under Nagy.

I'm such a lemming.

3 minutes ago, Onion said:

Hard to run the ball when the other team knows you can't throw it.

Hard to run the ball when you don't call running plays.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HarambeLives said:

lol yeah you clearly don’t watch the games. 

Tell what I missed?. The bears cant control the clock they can’t move the chains established first downs. It doesn’t matter if the bears are running or passing the ball it’s always the same result . Three and out punt . Punt again n again 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I will repeat this one more time. The offensive line sucks, they cannot block the offense is running on empty. 

Trubisky sucks, line sucks, coach sucks. Let’s blame Montgomery. A rookie RB who barely gets any work to improve.

12 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

Bro have you seen his highlight reel from I state and the great defenses he competed against in the big 12?  Kid is special, period 

Success in college does not automatically translate to success in the NFL...

Edited by Slimzy17
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Trubisky sucks, line sucks, coach sucks. Let’s blame Montgomery. A rookie RB who barely gets any work to improve.

It’s About time, you almost got IT. I blame everybody if you drafted Montgomery blame yourself. I did draft him. 

Edited by shakestreet

It’s been a long time since I’ve cared whatsoever about NFL teams. Couldn’t care less what their record is.

But I might be willing to trade missing the fantasy playoffs for the opportunity to see the Bears not win a game for the rest of the year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

The one thing we felt confident in was that the defense was good.  Hey!  Here's a fun idea.  Let's have the sucky QB throw it 54 times and have a string of three and outs as long as your arm.

Maybe they can hold Michael Thomas off for having the ball for 40 minutes.  Surely the best way to solve this problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

It’s About time, you almost got IT. I blame everybody if you drafted Montgomery blame yourself. I did draft him. 

What? I realize the whole offense is garbage but I don’t think we’ve seen enough to say Montgomery is trash. He looked good on like 6 of the 10 runs he’s gotten all year

Hypothetical scenario, the Bears trade for Saquon in the offseason.

Where does he get drafted for fantasy?

Edited by gufomel

Just now, bhawks489 said:

What? I realize the whole offense is garbage but I don’t think we’ve seen enough to say Montgomery is trash. He looked good on like 6 of the 10 runs he’s gotten all year

I already pointed it out, He has had 71 , not 10