Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

Hypothetical scenario, the Bears trade for Saquon in the offseason.

Where does he get drafted for fantasy?

he'd bolt for the XFL 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he'd bolt for the XFL 🤷‍♂️

Hard to bolt anywhere with the forthcoming Jalen Ramsey "back injury."

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Hypothetical scenario, the Bears trade for Saquon in the offseason.

Where does he get drafted for fantasy?

I’d imagine he’d do as well as Gurley with Jeff fisher 

• Like 1

Montgomery is 28th in the league for running backs for rushing attempts per game with 11.83. 

With that defense and Mitch trubisky as your QB, what would everyone else do?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Montgomery is 28th in the league for running backs for rushing attempts per game with 11.83. 

With that defense and Mitch trubisky as your QB, what would everyone else do?

Image result for yarp gif

(fun fact this is The Hound from GoT) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Tell what I missed?. The bears cant control the clock they can’t move the chains established first downs. It doesn’t matter if the bears are running or passing the ball it’s always the same result . Three and out punt . Punt again n again 

The play calling is atrocious and the line gets no push either, you don’t see Cohen or Davis (he doesn’t take the field) exactly killing it either. The call runs at the most obvious times, or don’t call it at all. And 1 run ever 12 passes, what RB do you expect to get into some rhythm with that ?

Another year, another rb, same story..with Nagy..some coaches arent bright but he is plain stupid and he is at the top in that department. .I dont know what he is trying to accomplish but he has no feel for the game..he cant help his Qb, he cant help his RBs, so what the f--- is he there for if he cant make even little difference?

Jay Gruden is waiting for his head..until he gets fired, Montgomery is in the hole.

• Like 1

Team totals I just noticed

Team passes 54

Team rushes (all players) 7

Is something like this even explainable?👀

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mjb said:

Team passes 54

Yes, it is. See above.

Matt Nagy: "I'm [not] an idiot"

• Thanks 1

I think whats worse is even the running plays seem to come from shotgun. 

Remember Demarco Murray went to the iggles and sucked. They blamed it on the fact he needs to be behind the quarter back to be a better runner. I'm not saying that is the e z fix for DM but it is amazing how horrible these trick play coaches are with decisions and fundamentals of the game. 

For an honest opinion of DM, I think we need to see him line up and run the dam ball, limited touches a game from beside the qb isn't enough to get a fair judgment. I mean even Cohen is now worthless. Did he also forget how to run?  

I just don't think we can make a fair judgement for any of the Bears players due to the horrible play calling of the coaching staff. 

Except for Mitch..he sucks and has sucked with multiple coaches. 

2 minutes ago, Duckbutter said:

I think whats worse is even the running plays seem to come from shotgun. 

Remember Demarco Murray went to the iggles and sucked. They blamed it on the fact he needs to be behind the quarter back to be a better runner. I'm not saying that is the e z fix for DM but it is amazing how horrible these trick play coaches are with decisions and fundamentals of the game. 

For an honest opinion of DM, I think we need to see him line up and run the dam ball, limited touches a game from beside the qb isn't enough to get a fair judgment. I mean even Cohen is now worthless. Did he also forget how to run?  

I just don't think we can make a fair judgement for any of the Bears players due to the horrible play calling of the coaching staff. 

Except for Mitch..he sucks and has sucked with multiple coaches. 

They need a coordinator change 👀

Buy low?  I know that sounds crazy but - 1.)  Can't get much lower value than where he is and 2.) Nagy taking a beating from all sides over his lack of running plays.  I think he commits to it, at least in the short term.  We saw this after week 1.

Montgomery's upcoming schedule is good too.  Some cupcakes on it.

• Like 2

Straight Nagied. That coach is a POS. Not like this kid is a beast either. 

37 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Buy low?  I know that sounds crazy but - 1.)  Can't get much lower value than where he is and 2.) Nagy taking a beating from all sides over his lack of running plays.  I think he commits to it, at least in the short term.  We saw this after week 1.

Montgomery's upcoming schedule is good too.  Some cupcakes on it.

I guess you could buy low.   But are you really going to sit one of your other RBs because Monty looks to have a good matchup?  

At this point in the season, I'm not really carrying expendable players anymore.   I might even rather carry a second defense depending on schedules.

Even if Nagy does decide to run he’s going to use Patterson because “they’ll never expect that!”

id only trade bench fodder for him at this point 

Chicago drafted the wrong type of RB for their offense.  Chicago's offense is a "trick them and hit a big play" type of deal.  Montgomery is not a home run guy.  He's not fast enough.  He's a "keep pounding you until you start to break" rb.  He comes at you hard and wears you down.  He's Chris Carson not Philip Lindsay.  You need to feed him the rock over and over and then see results over time.  Those 3 yard gains start turning into 6 when the defense gets sick of tackling him.

Nagy is not patient.  In fairness, Montgomery's 2 games prior, he was under 3 ypc and maybe that's why they went pass heavy.  Still, they have a great defense that will only get better if they establish the run.

I expect them to give Monty a healthy dose of carries this week.  It's sort of a make or break week for him.

• Like 2

last chance saloon vs the hapless Bolts this Sunday 🤠

not much more to add 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Chicago drafted the wrong type of RB for their offense.  Chicago's offense is a "trick them and hit a big play" type of deal.  Montgomery is not a home run guy.  He's not fast enough.  He's a "keep pounding you until you start to break" rb.  He comes at you hard and wears you down.  He's Chris Carson not Philip Lindsay.  You need to feed him the rock over and over and then see results over time.  Those 3 yard gains start turning into 6 when the defense gets sick of tackling him.

Nagy is not patient.  In fairness, Montgomery's 2 games prior, he was under 3 ypc and maybe that's why they went pass heavy.  Still, they have a great defense that will only get better if they establish the run.

I expect them to give Monty a healthy dose of carries this week.  It's sort of a make or break week for him.

Yea but they already have Cohen, he is that home run type guy who shouldn't get 20 carries a game but can break any screen pass for a TD. Cohen was a stud in the flex position his first year. I dont think he's lost a step.

Hell even Mike Davis could pound the ball. He did well in Seattle doing just that. I'm not sure any of the blame can fall on the talent(or lack of) of the RB's. 

Im not sold on DM either way, like previously mentioned its game plan and horrible O line issue.

Aaron Rodgers can safely throw 40 passes a game. MT should be passing less then Lamar Jackson with his lack of skills. 

22 hours ago, mjb said:

Team passes 54

Yes.  It's the stubbornness to stick with the RPO and to trust a QB to make the right read to run the ball which he never does. That and Nagy is allergic to calling designed runs unless to Cohen or Patterson. 

4 minutes ago, kobeselbow said:

Last time Nagy got roughed up by the media for falling in love with his trick pass plays and ignoring the run, he went back to it.  Let's hope that happens, and this time against easier defenses.  Chi has one of the best ROS rushing schedules left.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Last time Nagy got roughed up by the media for falling in love with his trick pass plays and ignoring the run, he went back to it.  Let's hope that happens, and this time against easier defenses.  Chi has one of the best ROS rushing schedules left.

... and the Chargers are reeling atm - actually in worse shape than da Bears. 

if the kid can't wrangle at least 15 carries this week, well ... that'll be the end the road. 

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The way the article read I also wouldn't be surprised if they incorporated Mike Davis more.