Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

what are we doing? benching until he gets carries? i'm really gonna have him on the bench for his breakout game huh?

Well I am starting him.  This matchup v. LAC is about as good as any.  Could be a squeaky wheel situation, although Montgomery has not said anything publicly about his lack of carries...

I have no choice but to play him this week despite me not wanting to. I feel like this will be an above average week for him so 70 yards from scrimmage. Can’t wait for him to catch a 20 yard pass only to see him run off the field and subbed out for Patterson on the next play.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pigskingpin said:

I have no choice but to play him this week despite me not wanting to. I feel like this will be an above average week for him so 70 yards from scrimmage. Can’t wait for him to catch a 20 yard pass only to see him run off the field and subbed out for Patterson on the next play.

Who will obviously carry it in for the only TD of the day. 🤣

• Thanks 1

45 yards but 2 tds ...the 2 tds are from the goal line and will take about 6 carries (after a fresh set of downs via penalty) to get in ...starting with confidence 

• Haha 2

Still owned in over 50% of leagues💀..

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well I am starting him.  This matchup v. LAC is about as good as any.  Could be a squeaky wheel situation, although Montgomery has not said anything publicly about his lack of carries...

A squeaky wheel rookie who has yet to accomplish anything in his professional career. That would be a new one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mvttchew said:

Who will obviously carry it in for the only TD of the day. 🤣

Eddie Jackson probably

I’m not shocked if he goes 50-70ish and a TD here, but I’m also not shocked if something goes wrong and he duds again. He’s too much of a gamble to start it you have other good options this week, which I do, and therefore am sitting. 

• Like 1

I dropped this bum in my 10-teamer today once I came to the realization that I was never going to have the confidence to start him.  I'm sure he'll be somebody's else's problem soon.

• Thanks 1

Even though Nagy acknowledges they need to run more (he’s not an idiot ya know), the Chargers will kick an early field goal and force Chicago to abandon the run game.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Even though Nagy acknowledges they need to run more (he’s not an idiot ya know), the Chargers will kick an early field goal and force Chicago to abandon the run game.

Hahahahaha 3-0 let’s pass the ball 55 times with our garbage QB 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Even though Nagy acknowledges they need to run more (he’s not an idiot ya know), the Chargers will get a first down on their opening possession and force Chicago to abandon the run game.

fixed 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fixed 

I realize how much it’s been beat to death but it really is quite amazing how poorly his game plan fits his personnel.  

And his unwillingness to change

Fwiw...I’m holding on my bench for 1 more week. If it doesn’t happen this week I’m dropping DMont in a 10 team league.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

FIRE HIM UP BOYS THIS IS OUR WEEK! 

Starting one league and sitting in the other. Can’t go all in on a guy like this and when I say a guy like this I mean Nagy.

• Haha 2

The offensive line is still "horse expletive", so you shouldn't get your hopes up. I do expect double digit carries and a few targets, which is a step in the right direction, but it does t guarantee production. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Ouch. 

Trying to decide between him and Waller in my flex. Think this could be the week Nagy gets him on track, but would like to see it first rather than getting low single digit points in return for the leap of faith. 

I think if there's a week for Monty, this is it. 

But I'd go Waller, especially if it's a PPR league. 

Nagy is the sort of coach that'll run Montgomery into the teeth of the defense for 2.5 ypc all day on predictable running downs and then pass three downs in a row on the opponent's 1 yard line "because they're not expecting it". 

I think I’m taking the plunge this week guys. It’s monty or mike Williams and I’m leaning Monty. Chargers run defense is wet toilet paper. Hopefully Nagy can call a good game plan and attack accordingly. 

The Chargers are 24th in run-defense DVOA and 21st in rushing yards allowed. Opposing running backs are averaging a healthy 4.49 yards per carry against the Bolts. Derrick Henry went 22-90-1 on the ground against L.A. last week. James Conner and Benny Snell combined for 33-116-1 the previous week. Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman hung a combined 28-175-1 day in Week 5.” 

Lets get it!