BrianM

Christian Kirk 2019 Outlook

What is this guy going to be this year.  Seems like a complete crapshoot.  Could be a guy getting peppered with targets in a high flying offense always playing catch up at the end of games, or a guy who is no better than 5 other guys you could pick up on the wire each week.  

• Like 1

Alright guys, quick update as a Cardinals fan....

The Cards just released their first official DEPTH CHART and a big takeaway is the WR / TE / RB breakdown...

They kept 7 (SEVEN!) WRs, only 2 TEs and 3 RBs. 

They've kept the Offense under cover all off-season, but just by that breakdown, it makes it clear that there will be ton of 3 and 4 WRs sets. So the ball will be thrown all over the yard. Fitz will get some love, Kirk, Crab, KeeSean... those will probably be the top 4. And out of those, I think Kirk may shine. He hasn't had a super strong connection in the pre-season but Kyler looked for him in the end zone, and I think he'll get some play this season. I have him rated as a WR3 with WR2 upside. Let's gooOoOO!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Alright guys, quick update as a Cardinals fan....

The Cards just released their first official DEPTH CHART and a big takeaway is the WR / TE / RB breakdown...

They kept 7 (SEVEN!) WRs, only 2 TEs and 3 RBs. 

They've kept the Offense under cover all off-season, but just by that breakdown, it makes it clear that there will be ton of 3 and 4 WRs sets. So the ball will be thrown all over the yard. Fitz will get some love, Kirk, Crab, KeeSean... those will probably be the top 4. And out of those, I think Kirk may shine. He hasn't had a super strong connection in the pre-season but Kyler looked for him in the end zone, and I think he'll get some play this season. I have him rated as a WR3 with WR2 upside. Let's gooOoOO!!!

WOW!

AIR KLINGER, BABY!

love it ... man, they may go no better than 3-13/4-12, but they gonna rain some magick foosball goodness down for everyone, including their opponents. 

IN. 

• Like 1

In my league Kirk is 87% rostered but only 10% starting.

I've always planned to not start him week 1... but Diggs is Q, and I'm light at WR while waiting for AJ Green to heal....

So...... If Diggs is a no go, I may be (sketchily) all in with Kirk 😬

Also, Cards RT just got injured... not awesome. 

But either way, Go Cardinals, hope Kyler shines and Kirk gets some love. 

Also also, I ended up naming my team Kirk Go Bang so maybe it's just destiny I have to actually start him in week 1 hahaa FML

• Like 1

Anyone who was able to watch the game, what did you see? Looks like a ton of targets but only 4 catches. Bad passes? Good defense? Drops?

The offense obviously had a rough start but seemed to find their stride in the 4th quarter based on the box score. How how is Kirk’s upside in 2019 now that the offense has finally been unveiled? Limited or sky is the limit?

12 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Anyone who was able to watch the game, what did you see? Looks like a ton of targets but only 4 catches. Bad passes? Good defense? Drops?

The offense obviously had a rough start but seemed to find their stride in the 4th quarter based on the box score. How how is Kirk’s upside in 2019 now that the offense has finally been unveiled? Limited or sky is the limit?

He and Kyler just didn’t get on the same page much. Kyler and Fitz has a better connection.

He’s being used in motion quite a bit in misdirection game so I imagine they’ll design plays specifically for him on some of those plays during the season.

A couple posts from JJ Zachariason have me thinking maybe there’s still very high upside here.

Kyler looked for Kirk, they just didn't quite connect. 

The intent is there, but may take a few weeks to build up the chemistry.

I plan to at least hold for a couple weeks more and watch how their connection matures.

Kyler had something like 54 passes in week 1, so if they can get it going, there could be enough targets to make 2-3 guys relevant ...

He's a hold but on thin ice.  I think they are really going to try to use 4-5 receivers every game and none of them will be fantasy relevant.

Basically, if you're getting 4th quarter and OT Kyler, Kirk's great.  If you're getting first half Kyler, he's a dud.     I'd bet on the former, more often than not, he looked sharp.    However, i'm checking matchups each week with Kirk right now.   Baltimore's a tough sell.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

He's a hold but on thin ice.  I think they are really going to try to use 4-5 receivers every game and none of them will be fantasy relevant.

Im thinking along these lines also. How long are you holding for 1-2 weeks? Im going probably 1 more. My bench options shaky atm

4 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Im thinking along these lines also. How long are you holding for 1-2 weeks? Im going probably 1 more. My bench options shaky atm

Not OP, but I decided to hold one more week over picking up Scary Terry, John Ross, or Hardman.  The targets and talent are there, but the chemistry is not. I really don't like this offense though so it's definitely a drop after this week if there's not an uptick in production.

Anybody thinking of dropping Kirk is crazy! He had 12 targets and Murray missed him a bunch. The chemistry will grow between these two for sure. The Cards will run a lot of plays. Kirk has the IT quality in my opinion and will end up the number 1 receiver in this offense. The Cards schedule gets better as the season progresses. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Basically, if you're getting 4th quarter and OT Kyler, Kirk's great.  If you're getting first half Kyler, he's a dud.     I'd bet on the former, more often than not, he looked sharp.    However, i'm checking matchups each week with Kirk right now.   Baltimore's a tough sell.     

BAL did lose jimmy smith though didn’t they?

17 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Anybody thinking of dropping Kirk is crazy! He had 12 targets and Murray missed him a bunch. The chemistry will grow between these two for sure. The Cards will run a lot of plays. Kirk has the IT quality in my opinion and will end up the number 1 receiver in this offense. The Cards schedule gets better as the season progresses. 

There ya going talking me off the cliff lol.  I mean I agree to a certain extent. The It factor is real. I just don't like how much they actually spread it around to EVERYONE. If we were out there we might of got 5 targets each lol

5 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

BAL did lose jimmy smith though didn’t they?

Yes I believe they did. If I remember correctly it was a knee

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

There ya going talking me off the cliff lol.  I mean I agree to a certain extent. The It factor is real. I just don't like how much they actually spread it around to EVERYONE. If we were out there we might of got 5 targets each lol

I doubt it. I can't catch and I don't like to be tackled. He did spread it around but I think Kirk will be the cream of the crop in what might be a big pie.

Edited by mongidig

Kirk has the feel of a guy you drop week 2 or 3 for a shiny new toy just to seriously regret it 3 weeks later. 

• Haha 3

Don't see how Kirk doesnt finish with at least 75 catches in this offense.  Anyone that catches the ball that much at least deserves a bench spot in any league with 10 or more teams.  Anyone that would consider dropping him after getting 12 targets in week 1 is nuts!

• Thanks 1

guys, "spreading it around" is virtually rendered moot when ya talkin' this kinda volume on offense ... and by volume i mean plays run. 

not counting ot, we all know that was a caveat of last week - an anomaly/outlier, yes. 

but this offense is geared to run a TON of plays in RT 4 qtrs ... at least 40 of which will be passes every gotdamn week. 

Shatner is gonna emerge, and y'all will be kickin' yerselves if you drop him now ... THIS OFFENSE IS DESIGNED TO RUN A TON OF PLAYS!

Shatner gonna bag 7-10 targets per week as a floor  merely by attrition. kid is wayyyyy too talented to curb kick.  sheeeesh. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jwook said:

Kirk has the feel of a guy you drop week 2 or 3 for a shiny new toy just to seriously regret it 3 weeks later. 

Exactly.