2. Tommy Pham (R) DH
3. M. Brosseau (R) 2B
4. Yandy Diaz (R) 3B
5. Avisail Garcia (R) RF
6. Austin Meadows (L) LF
7. Willy Adames (R) SS
8. K. Kiermaier (L) CF
9. Mike Zunino (R) C

This is the crap the MLB has gotten too cute with IMO and it messes up the hot streak and confidence of a difference maker like Lowe. Too much tinkering with the righty lefty stuff. And no I don't have Lowe in my lineup. Playing 2 catchers and Brosseau over Lowe is a crime IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

Yep it looks like he is being benched against all LHP

Which is disappointing because he just hit a couple tanks last week off LHP

7 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

Got to get Zunino that valuable strikeout experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

And it’s not like he took Sabathia deep or anything...

• Like 1

Hey guys I got a great idea, let's sit Nate Lowe the player of the week in a hitter's ballpark. The other team will have no idea how to react 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Why are they so obsessed with Brosseau...

1.124 OPS might be a reason.

Don't let your hottest hitter who's a lefty get any at bats in Yankee Stadium. With this type of managing no wonder they can't win the division. 

• Like 1

This is like Muncy earlier this season and even Meadows when he was on that heater to start the year. Just ridiculous.

• Like 2

With coaching like this, I don't see the Rays overtaking the Yankees in the division anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Out of the lineup again...

1. T. d'Arnaud (R) 1B
2. Tommy Pham (R) DH
3. M. Brosseau (R) 2B
4. Yandy Diaz (R) 3B
5. Avisail Garcia (R) RF
6. Austin Meadows (L) LF
7. Willy Adames (R) SS
8. K. Kiermaier (L) CF
9. Mike Zunino (R) C

I wasn't even mad about yesterday but wtf is going on? How do you sit the player of the week 2 days in a row? 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I wasn't even mad about yesterday but wtf is going on? How do you sit the player of the week 2 days in a row? 

Neither was I.  I made a post basically saying I treated it as a day off, but two days in a row is ridiculous.  I don't care if he's a lefty going against a lefty, you don't sit Lowe twice in a row when he was ridiculously hot.  I get it that he's not that good against LHP (if not for the two HRs, his numbers vs. LHP would be awful), but at least play him against the bad lefty.  I wouldn't be as frustrated about it if it wasn't for the fact that Zunino is the one playing instead.  I understand rewarding d'Arnaud with another start, but that should have been at Catcher.

I have to agree with others.  As much credit as Kevin Cash gets, some of his moves are proving that they aren't going to go anywhere meaningful (as in deep in the playoffs) for quite some time unless they do despite him one of these years.  I know managers don't care about fantasy, and if we didn't own Nate Lowe then we wouldn't care, but he's been one of (if not) their best hitters since his recall.  You don't sit that this often, especially in a park that any left handed power hitter should thrive in since all they have to do is pull a routine fly ball for a HR.  He's likely to only play once in the whole series, as J.A. Happ pitches on Thursday.  Oy vey...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Athebaby7 said:

Nate Lowe’s approach is what’s gonna set him apart. The guy was taking left handed breaking balls left center 6 rows deep and it looks like he’s just flipping his wrist. Not to mention he hit another HR or two to left field as well. Considering most pitches to hitters are outside, the fact that he can go oppo like that is encouraging 

Agreed. I like that he wasn't trying to pull those pitches he was just letting the ball travel.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, saab93boi said:

With coaching like this, I don't see the Rays overtaking the Yankees in the division anytime soon.

i personally as a fan Never expected them to, i've been saying WC even amidst the hot start, yanks are a better team however anything can happen in playoffs

and by then Natty Lowe better be in the damn lineup! to add on hah

Edited by kmoore1521

Posted (edited)

Lowe is 3-17 vs lhp in his short ml career..sss and all, it is what they do, platoons I mean....I get that 2 of the 3 were bombs, but 7 k's? Like it or not, it's what we've had to deal with for a looong time in fbb...he's young and talented enough to establish himself as a full time player, but he is still a rook, with no experience, sit back,take a puff and relax, now is not that time... 

Edited by FISH ON

In a larger SS he has hit (v LHP) .286/.444/.452 in 84 ABs at AAA this year...much like the other Lowe he has shown no huge split gap, but Rays will Ray so we should not be all shocked...it is a little ridiculous to sit the player of the week on a huge heater 2 games in a row though.

• Like 2

Taking notes for next season's draft.

Posted (edited)

Maybe Cash is teaching him humility...my league is adding that as a category next year so....WTFriendship...

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, B&F said:

Taking notes for next season's draft.

What their roster is like next season and how the rest of the season goes will determine whether this is an issue next season or not more than a couple of games in a row.  Obviously I'm not happy about this just like others, but I'm still fairly excited about Nate Lowe for next season regardless.  As long as he continues to show the potential from the minors that he also showed since his recall of course.

Saw that he wasn't starting again and opened this thread thinking s---, he's gotta be hurt. To sit a white hot bat two days in a row despite the fact that he hits lefties well is some Monty Burns level of managerial acumen. 

18 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Maybe Cash is teaching him humility...my league is adding that as a category next year so....WTFriendship...

That comes when Brendan is activated off of the IL and Nate goes back to Durham to make room 

Forget fantasy, it hurts the fan base and viewership, or maybe it's just me. But as a baseball fan it's just disheartening and boring to me. Can't imagine being a Rays fan.

To me a part of the entertainment is seeing a kid work his way to the majors, get hot and succeed. And also see a team come together, gel and make a run at the playoffs. So here we are, a young talent comes up gets his chance, kicks butt, and boom, "hit the bench, kid".

i6ouKrX.gif

It was similar with Hiura earlier this season when he came up and raked and then got sent back down. I'm sure there are a hundred examples. I couldn't care less about the Rays, not a fan, but I care about the sport. And of course there are going to be lineup changes here and there, but it's just out of control IMO. I know you can point to "it works" or "the numbers prove it", etc. But how do we really know without testing it both ways for long period? We don't, it's over-analyzing.

Again, I don't have Lowe in my lineup and don't "need" him to play for fantasy. This is just a part of the bigger issue overall in baseball. Don't mean to go OT here and go on a tangent, but guess I did.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

That comes when Brendan is activated off of the IL and Nate goes back to Durham to make room 

Wouldn't be surprised, but I think he stays up ahead of other guys...