smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Sanders had more snaps and carries in Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3. He then had a couple of fumbles and had 11 carries to Howards 15 carries last week. 

I just don't see Howard as the clear #1. He may be the #1 for another week or so, but to act as if Howard is locked in as the #1 is just foolish. Sanders is a couple of good runs/Howard bad runs away from being the "clear" #1 again. 

I think it's more likely that Howard remains the #1 than Sanders taking the job.

This fumbling issue is real.   If you watched the game, you'd know that he almost lost it twice.   And not from even taking hits.   Seems like that's a fixable issue but for him to still have the problem this far into his football career is concerning.  

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I think it's more likely that Howard remains the #1 than Sanders taking the job.

This fumbling issue is real.   If you watched the game, you'd know that he almost lost it twice.   And not from even taking hits.   Seems like that's a fixable issue but for him to still have the problem this far into his football career is concerning.  

Dude is a rookie, man. Relax.

Just now, pierceNKC said:

Dude is a rookie, man. Relax.

I am totally relaxed.   Pointing out that someone has fumbling issues is not being nuts.  He had these problems in college. 

Image result for lady yelling at cat meme

Left "He has fumbling issues!"                                                       Right "hes just a rookie"

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)

Image result for lady yelling at cat meme

Don't you dare talk bad about my fantasy player!                      Just pointing out the facts maam. 

Edited by K197040
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

[...] is this guy going to ascend to top 15-20 RB or be a fumbling doofus? Someone good at fantasy football please enlighten me?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Haha 1

Dropped him im Both of my league for tevin coleman. Gimme them TD upside erry day all day. Plus SF had its bye week already. Dunno which is worse to figure out, pats  or philly rbs

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 16kredit said:

Dropped him im Both of my league for tevin coleman. Gimme them TD upside erry day all day. Plus SF had its bye week already. Dunno which is worse to figure out, pats  or philly rbs

Pats, Philly or 49er* rbs. Good luck with Coleman

• Like 1

Burkhead with a TD and 6 catches vs NYJ, similar numbers for Sanders today?

39 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Burkhead with a TD and 6 catches vs NYJ, similar numbers for Sanders today?

Prolly not , Howard has really hampered his fantasy value 

I think it will go back and forth all year on which RB gets the better game. Teams trying to follow the Patriots blue print. Eagles already said, they want to use all backs. I have Miles Sanders in all my leagues, and I’m not starting him with any confidence currently. Coin flip on which RB gets the touches. 

That may be all for me folks.

The blurb specifically mentions that this is due to the Sproles injury, but it just doesn’t look like Sanders is going anywhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, gufomel said:

That may be all for me folks.

The blurb specifically mentions that this is due to the Sproles injury, but it just doesn’t look like Sanders is going anywhere. 

Coach also mentioned that Sanders would be more heavily involved in passing game. Sanders doesn't even look great running anyways.

I actually think Sproles being out is more of a benefit to Sanders than Howard.  It's not like they were rushing Sproles that much to begin with.

This means Sanders is in on obvious 3rd downs and gets every designed RB passing route, unlike before.

Giddy up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Coach also mentioned that Sanders would be more heavily involved in passing game. Sanders doesn't even look great running anyways.

I actually think Sproles being out is more of a benefit to Sanders than Howard.  It's not like they were rushing Sproles that much to begin with.

This means Sanders is in on obvious 3rd downs and gets every designed RB passing route, unlike before.

Giddy up.

I don't know, that's not a very enthusiastic giddy up.  Pederson is basically saying that Howard is taking the job.  It remains to be seen whether he gets all the third down work.  Because if he doesn't, this certainly is a downward arrow for his season outlook.

23 minutes ago, CooL said:

I don't know, that's not a very enthusiastic giddy up.  Pederson is basically saying that Howard is taking the job.  It remains to be seen whether he gets all the third down work.  Because if he doesn't, this certainly is a downward arrow for his season outlook.

Hey I left off the exclamation point!  Kidding aside, my main point was more that with Sproles in the lineup Sanders was trending towards no reliability.  Without Sproles, he could carve out a similar role to passing backs (i.e Chris Thompson) but with 5-10 carries a game too.  With his speed, that's not too shabby.

Good bye/injury week filler. He has 11, 7, and 8 points in 0.5 PPR the last 3 weeks. Hard to find that on the waiver in RB position in competitive leagues. 

Definitely a hold and a good play in case of emergency. 

Does this guy even have value in keeper leagues? It’s always a committee with Pederson and I can’t see him going anywhere so even when Howard leaves next year they will probably add someone again. 

I think miles Sanders looks decent  and with sproles and Clement out he may emerge 

This guy is getting involved.

Few carries, but was the leading receiver.   He is showing some real promise now.

I don’t know what to make of him. Breaks huge plays on catches, but can’t run between the tackles. Seems like it’s going to be difficult for him to get any meaningful volume this year (or ever) and will be hard to trust. Just doesn’t seem like a good runner, or at least has a ton to learn at the NFL level. 

Edited by gufomel

yep cant figure out what his issue is running the ball, looks to be his vision and hesitating a bit. Once he figures it out should be providing lots of upside.

Still keeping has insurance and bye week replacement 

I just don't know what to do with this guy... He's frustrating to own because of his usage, and bc I bought into the preseason hype - drafting him higher than I should have.  Had I flexed him this week, I'd already have secured a victory, but he's cost me other weeks.  Unless Howard misses time, he's just too big of a gamble, and I'm probably going to try to sell as high as I possibly can this week.

8 hours ago, euphonicjamz said:

I just don't know what to do with this guy... He's frustrating to own because of his usage, and bc I bought into the preseason hype - drafting him higher than I should have.  Had I flexed him this week, I'd already have secured a victory, but he's cost me other weeks.  Unless Howard misses time, he's just too big of a gamble, and I'm probably going to try to sell as high as I possibly can this week.

View him as James White lite and you won’t be frustrated.

• Like 1