FollowTheLeader

Ryquell Armstead 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

 

So this automatically makes Ryquell better? Gotchya. 

Not automatically, but the guy they scouted and chose to draft, went through camp with, and placed as clear backup, has far greater odds of actually getting the job over an undrafted rookie cut by another team and claimed right before the opener. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Chardo said:

When (not if) Fournette goes down, Ryquell gets the job.  I'm just not convinced he will be able to do much with it, just like the guys who have stepped in before.  

 

He could easily become a solid every week RB3... when LF goes down. And if everything cracks his way, low end RB2 is quite possible. He might not be the flashiest player or that well known in football. But the handcuff to one of the most injury prone RB's in the league , I'm all in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Not automatically, but the guy they scouted and chose to draft, went through camp with, and placed as clear backup, has far greater odds of actually getting the job over an undrafted rookie cut by another team and claimed right before the opener. 

 

He’s a RB. A lot of these guys are plug and play. Wouldn’t put too much stock into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chardo said:

The undrafted free agent who couldn't beat out the great Dwayne Washington for a roster spot?

 

I think the only thing that is certain, is nobody knows anything for certain around here(despite what posters will try to make you think).  If I'm going to grab a Jax injury lotto ticket it's Ryquell but if Fournette goes down in a month, WHO KNOWS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy a good handcuff?? Fournette gets like 99% of the work rn and I just don’t think it’s sustainable especially with his injury history 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

This guy a good handcuff?? Fournette gets like 99% of the work rn and I just don’t think it’s sustainable especially with his injury history 

If Fournette went down I doubt the fill in would be a top 30 play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

This guy a good handcuff?? Fournette gets like 99% of the work rn and I just don’t think it’s sustainable especially with his injury history 

Def an underrated handcuff/stash imo. There is no possible way LF can hold up under this sort of workload. Armstead is the only other RB they even have active weekly, yeah Ozigbo would be up on game days and likely handle some passing work but Armstead would be main back imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

If Fournette went down I doubt the fill in would be a top 30 play.

But he’ll get the volume. Volume is king in fantasy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

But he’ll get the volume. Volume is king in fantasy 

 

There won't be much "volume" though on a team without Fournette, except maybe for the punter.  This guy doesn't catch passes.  You'll looking at a lot of 11-carries-for-45-yards lines with no catches. And that's IF Jacksonville doesn't bring in another back. Just not a ton of upside. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

 

There won't be much "volume" though on a team without Fournette, except maybe for the punter.  This guy doesn't catch passes.  You'll looking at a lot of 11-carries-for-45-yards lines with no catches. And that's IF Jacksonville doesn't bring in another back. Just not a ton of upside. 

I think he’ll get more than 11 carries but that’s just me. The way Minshew has been playing and Chark lengthening the field as season goes on will open the box a little bit more if LF goes down but time will tell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I think he’ll get more than 11 carries but that’s just me. The way Minshew has been playing and Chark lengthening the field as season goes on will open the box a little bit more if LF goes down but time will tell 

Yeah line seems decent and Minshew can make all the throws...Chark taking top off helps. We don't necessarily know Armstead can't catch...it wasn't a strength coming out of college and his team didn't really utilize him that way. I do know he's a one cut runner and gets downhill in a hurry, tough to tackle and has plus speed--esp for someone that is his size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, he caught a TD! Also ran with some pretty nice authority and quick feet--albeit simply as a spell back due to a crazy workload for LF.

Def reinforces his status as one of the true cuff bellcows (in all likelihood)...priority lotto ticket in 14+ team leagues imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Def reinforces his status as one of the true cuff bellcows (in all likelihood)...priority lotto ticket in 14+ team leagues imo.

I'd go one further and say he's a priority cuff even in 10/12-teamers if you own Fournette. He's criminally underowned right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a 4nette owner, I would like to pick him up as a cuff but I already have Mattison for Cook and I am feeling like "overinsured".

But in case of any emergency, other guys in my league are lucky dudes..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

As a 4nette owner, I would like to pick him up as a cuff but I already have Mattison for Cook and I am feeling like "overinsured".

But in case of any emergency, other guys in my league are lucky dudes..

 

Same exact scenario here brodie , but I view the Cook cuff a must , Mattison is very talented and anything happens to Dalvin he's a RB1 in an instant . I don't see the same situation here with Armstead , if Fournette were to do gown I see Ryquell as a low-end RB2 at best & a RB3 at worst. I rather have Gurley's cuff ... M. Brown , another sure fire RB1 cuff for that prolific offense. Again if you have deep benches and you own Leonard , than yeah by all means pick up this kid, just for peace of mind. But he's not some high crazy lottery ticket by any means 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Planning to bid on him and drop Mostert if successful. 

How's Fournette looking this year? How's the OL doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Planning to bid on him and drop Mostert if successful. 

How's Fournette looking this year? How's the OL doing?

 

Fabulous.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Fournette owner, I'd love to have this guy too, but I'm already rotating a roster spot trying to find a viable RB3 or WR3 to help with bye weeks.  Hard to justify.  Who's RB3 on this team?  Depth chart says Tyler Ervin?  I think if LF goes down, you have to think that they'll put in a call to Jay Ajayi and kick the tires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CooL said:

As a Fournette owner, I'd love to have this guy too, but I'm already rotating a roster spot trying to find a viable RB3 or WR3 to help with bye weeks.  Hard to justify.  Who's RB3 on this team?  Depth chart says Tyler Ervin?  I think if LF goes down, you have to think that they'll put in a call to Jay Ajayi and kick the tires.

 

If they did I would think it would only be for depth/insurance in case Ryquell sucks or gets hurt. Meaning, Ryquell would get his shot as lead back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Fournette owner who doesnt have this guy yet, I'm going to be putting in a bid to get him. Fournette's workload is pretty massive right now, and while I think he's in much better shape than last year, it doesnt hurt to have insurance just in case something happens. Also, up until this past week I didn't think mu h of Armstead, but it seems he might be pretty decent so injury insurance + capable player is a no brainer add for me as a LF owner. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ALL IN.

Was between him and one of the guys in SF, but this Armstead looks to have a solid situation if Fournette is out for whatever reason. Bench / BYEs / Injuries permitting, I'll try to roster him for a few weeks and hope he gets a window to continued touches...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.