FollowTheLeader

Alexander Mattison 2019 Outlook

As a Cook owner I think about a waiver pick. In case of any injury this guy is looking like plug and play.

Edited by Mr_Baller

1 hour ago, Mr_Baller said:

As a Cook owner I think about a waiver pick. In case of any injury this guy is looking like plug and play.

If you own Dalvin, than having this dude is mandatory ... just my opinion others might disagree. He can ride my bench all year long, that's fine by me. Just having assurance that I have solid RB2 incase Cook goes down is worth it to me. 

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

If you own Dalvin, than having this dude is mandatory ... just my opinion others might disagree. He can ride my bench all year long, that's fine by me. Just having assurance that I have solid RB2 incase Cook goes down is worth it to me. 

I totally agree. I am usually not a fan of having handcuffs take up bench spots, but in this instance I am not sure there is a more solid handcuff than this guy right now.  

• Like 1

Picked him up, lean back and wait. Of course true handcuff and no (real) stand alone volume but there is Cook and the season is long...

Edited by Mr_Baller

I’ve been holding Justin Jackson as a stash flier but I’m starting to feel like this Mattison kid is gonna be money when Cook goes down, if he does. How confident are we that Cook goes down? It also seems to me that the consensus is he’s maybe the most talented of all the potential handcuffs. True? Is he worth holding above guys like Jackson, Samuels, etc?

7 minutes ago, MellamoMike said:

I’ve been holding Justin Jackson as a stash flier but I’m starting to feel like this Mattison kid is gonna be money when Cook goes down, if he does. How confident are we that Cook goes down? It also seems to me that the consensus is he’s maybe the most talented of all the potential handcuffs. True? Is he worth holding above guys like Jackson, Samuels, etc?

With modern medicine, his repaired legs are probably better than they were before he got injured. So, I wouldn’t bank on it. It’s good to have these high-end cuffs like a Mattison and Pollard, but if it is best to drop them if someone else can help your team. I would not be counting on an injury. 

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2

I'm holding Mattison, Malcolm Brown AND Justin Jackson. Surely one of them has to hit.

This past weekend was the second in a row that when redzone flipped to the vikings game I said to myself, "Dalvin is damn good." Only to find out it was a mattison run. Dude passes the eye test for me. I think Alexander will get more touches as the season carries on even with a healthy Cook.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

I'm holding Mattison, Malcolm Brown AND Justin Jackson. Surely one of them has to hit.

This past weekend was the second in a row that when redzone flipped to the vikings game I said to myself, "Dalvin is damn good." Only to find out it was a mattison run. Dude passes the eye test for me. I think Alexander will get more touches as the season carries on even with a healthy Cook.

Dude looks great and is one of the best handcuffs and he is all over fantasy sights so if hes there grab him. If you play yahoo, you can hold a handcuff for a 12 O'clock game or Thursday game and if the starter doesn't get hurt you can drop them and pick up another dude. I have the #2 waiver, mattison, justin jackson, chase edmunds, jamal williams, and ty montegomery. These guys are behind backs who get the ball 20 times a game, in a violent game best to hedge your bets. 

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

With modern medicine, his repaired legs are probably better than they were before he got injured. So, I wouldn’t bank on it. It’s good to have these high-end cuffs like a Mattison and Pollard, but if it is best to drop them if someone else can help your team. I would not be counting on an injury. 

agreed

46672f0e-328e-40da-8e9d-348bb5a5cf22_tex

• Haha 5

own mattison and brown. sucks that they are holding up a roster spot when you can be getting waiver guys but they game changers/league winners IF injury happens. but the risk we take. it's where luck comes into play with skill and fantasy. 

13 minutes ago, brosephd said:

own mattison and brown. sucks that they are holding up a roster spot when you can be getting waiver guys but they game changers/league winners IF injury happens. but the risk we take. it's where luck comes into play with skill and fantasy. 

Please drop and expedite the process for the rest of us 😉

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

As much as it sucks to lose a roster spot, the solid insurance on my cook investment in a share of this backfield helps me sleep well at night. 

8 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

As much as it sucks to lose a roster spot, the solid insurance on my cook investment in a share of this backfield helps me sleep well at night. 

Hahah , you and me both . It is what it is at this point, maybe in the future we'll look at Cook with different eyes. But for this season alone it's absolutely mandatory for me to have Cook cuffed. 

16 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Said it before - I'm in a 16-teamer with only 4 bench spots (one of them almost invariably a backup QB) and he has one of the three extra spots. You just have to find a way to get him in if you have Cook. It's almost non-negotiable for me.

I'm starting to think that there is a real opportunity here for Mattison to be involved in the offense on a regular basis.  He keeps showing that he can ball out - I don't see why the Vikings wouldn't incorporate him more into the game plans and get him some extra touches.  I get it....give the ball to your studs.  However....I would consider Mattison a definite stud.  This could be a real dynamic duo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm starting to think that there is a real opportunity here for Mattison to be involved in the offense on a regular basis.  He keeps showing that he can ball out - I don't see why the Vikings wouldn't incorporate him more into the game plans and get him some extra touches.  I get it....give the ball to your studs.  However....I would consider Mattison a definite stud.  This could be a real dynamic duo. 

I only see Mattison getting time when the Vikings have a good size league. First game he had 9 carries, well the Vikings were up 28-0 in the 4th. Last game he had 12 carries, Vikings were up by more than 2 scores. With the way cook is playing, Mattison is a handcuff and nothing more. Wouldn’t flex Mattison even if they were playing a team like the Giants. 

Is this a different staff than when McKinnon/Murray was a thing? I remember being able to play both of them for a lock of 25+ between the two

13 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Is this a different staff than when McKinnon/Murray was a thing? I remember being able to play both of them for a lock of 25+ between the two

I was thinking about this today. Probably not against the bears this week, but maybe against the Giants in week 5 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

I only see Mattison getting time when the Vikings have a good size league. First game he had 9 carries, well the Vikings were up 28-0 in the 4th. Last game he had 12 carries, Vikings were up by more than 2 scores. With the way cook is playing, Mattison is a handcuff and nothing more. Wouldn’t flex Mattison even if they were playing a team like the Giants. 

Question is whether this changes.  Mattison might have had to do some proving whether he is worthy of the touches.  I think he has proved that he is more than capable of taking more on.  It is intriguing to think we might see some games where Mattison has more touches than Cook because of the "hot hand" approach.  Doesn't look like Cook is every going to be cold though. 

9 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Question is whether this changes.  Mattison might have had to do some proving whether he is worthy of the touches.  I think he has proved that he is more than capable of taking more on.  It is intriguing to think we might see some games where Mattison has more touches than Cook because of the "hot hand" approach.  Doesn't look like Cook is every going to be cold though. 

I don’t see Mattison ever having more touches than Cook if he is healthy. In fact, I used the Time Stone to get a glimpse into the future, and out of 14,000,605 possible outcomes through different timelines, I only saw Mattison receiving more touches than a healthy Cook in one. So ya, I guess there’s a chance!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Bro hold your horses , that's just crazy talk . We get it... you prolly have Mattison on your squad. He's a pure handcuff at this point , nothing more. And to try and even guess which games Vikings will be blowing out opponents just to Flex him is a fool's errand. 

23 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

No brother it's an ELITE STUD running back in COOK. That's what's different ... but yeah they did add Gary Kubiak to the staff,  guru of the running game. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Bro hold your horses , that's just crazy talk . We get it... you prolly have Mattison on your squad. He's a pure handcuff at this point , nothing more. And to try and even guess which games Vikings will be blowing out opponents just to Flex him is a fool's errand. 

No brother it's an ELITE STUD running back in COOK. That's what's different ... but yeah they did add Gary Kubiak to the staff,  guru of the running game. 

You’re a passionate one, aren’t ya.. Cook is indeed a stud.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Athebaby7 said:

I don’t see Mattison ever having more touches than Cook if he is healthy. In fact, I used the Time Stone to get a glimpse into the future, and out of 14,000,605 possible outcomes through different timelines, I only saw Mattison receiving more touches than a healthy Cook in one. So ya, I guess there’s a chance!

18 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I'm with you guys.  I'd be handing it off to Cook time and time again.  

• Like 2