FollowTheLeader

Alexander Mattison 2019 Outlook

As a Cook owner I'm trying to trade for this guy but the asking price is getting steep. I'd rather not carry a handcuff but Mattison might be too good to pass up. Maybe after a tough match-up this weekend his price will go down.

If Cook goes down I'd expect a more balanced attack with a bit more focus on the passing game but Mattison looks too good for him not to eat as well.  How much to pay for a handcuff like Mattison? Difficult trying to determine his value.

11 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

As a Cook owner I'm trying to trade for this guy but the asking price is getting steep. I'd rather not carry a handcuff but Mattison might be too good to pass up. Maybe after a tough match-up this weekend his price will go down.

If Cook goes down I'd expect a more balanced attack with a bit more focus on the passing game but Mattison looks too good for him not to eat as well.  How much to pay for a handcuff like Mattison? Difficult trying to determine his value.

I’m actually trying to trade Mattison to the Cook owner in my main league. I ended up going zero RB (wasn’t planned, just kind of fell that way) and am trying to get as much value out of my later picks as I can.

Anyway, Mattison looks good. Like, really good. If something were to happen to Cook he would be a high end RB2 at the worst IMO. While the Vikings have very good receivers, I don’t think they would revert to much more of a passing attack if Cook were to go down. Especially since the Bears and Packers both have an excellent pass rush this year. Cousins would get slaughtered if he dropped back 35+ times a game against the teams in the NFC North.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

You should get this guy, especially with Cook's history.

I'm a Penny and Mattison owner without Carson or Cook....I'm not hoping for injuries but I am hoping for some standalone value to develop.  In both cases, I believe that the value is rising for both.  

• Like 1

Being a Cook owner without Mattison as well as having a Mattison owner that absolutely refuses to trade him is Fantasy Anxiety at it's peak.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

Being a Cook owner without Mattison as well as having a Mattison owner that absolutely refuses to trade him is Fantasy Anxiety at it's peak.

When fantasy season starts, I always make sure to have my Xanax nearby, just for situations like this .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

I've tried trading Mattison multiple times to the Cook owner.  He won't bite cause "he doesn't want a handcuff".  He just spent $45/100 FAAB on Gallman.  Lol

I get his logic, his starting lineup is stock, but his depth stinks.  This would not necessarily have been good depth add but it solidifies that starting lineup in case of injury. 

At some point getting Mattison is almost a MUST the closer one gets to playoffs. I hate running cuffs early in the season, especially before bye weeks. Tough carrying cuffs when you might need to pick up an extra TE or QB.  Mattison could very well keep some flex appeal as the season goes on, which would definitely increase his value. This is a tough situation. Mattison could get more expensive each week.

Edited by Big Nate

19 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I've tried trading Mattison multiple times to the Cook owner.  He won't bite cause "he doesn't want a handcuff".  He just spent $45/100 FAAB on Gallman.  Lol

I get his logic, his starting lineup is stock, but his depth stinks.  This would not necessarily have been good depth add but it solidifies that starting lineup in case of injury. 

That's tough, I operate under the opposite logic. A strong handcuff that can net you 75%~ production of one of your core players is worth acquiring as insurance (I missed Mattison by 1 round, but that's neither here nor there). I mean in most leagues ppl are rostering WRs that will likely never need to be used or whatever 3rd string RB the Chiefs currently employ, I think it's easier to budget the bench space than some people think.

I own Mattison without Cook, and I asked for Shady from the Cook owner a couple of weeks ago when Shady signed on with the Chiefs.   I felt like my ask was a little steep but within reason at the time, but now that I have good depth at RB I can afford to hold on to the lotto ticket in case his number gets called.

23 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm a Penny and Mattison owner without Carson or Cook....I'm not hoping for injuries but I am hoping for some standalone value to develop.  In both cases, I believe that the value is rising for both.  

You’re hoping for injuries but don’t want to admit it.  It’s okay.  The first step is admitting. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I own Mattison without Cook, and I asked for Shady from the Cook owner a couple of weeks ago when Shady signed on with the Chiefs.   I felt like my ask was a little steep but within reason at the time, but now that I have good depth at RB I can afford to hold on to the lotto ticket in case his number gets called.

Thanks for the update.

• Haha 8

38 minutes ago, poofinger said:

You’re hoping for injuries but don’t want to admit it.  It’s okay.  The first step is admitting. 

If I hope for it, or at least admit to it - it won't happen.  So, I hope for the more positive way of getting more touches. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 4:25 PM, Athebaby7 said:

I don’t see Mattison ever having more touches than Cook if he is healthy. In fact, I used the Time Stone to get a glimpse into the future, and out of 14,000,605 possible outcomes through different timelines, I only saw Mattison receiving more touches than a healthy Cook in one. So ya, I guess there’s a chance!

That's the Miami game lol

can't decide whether to start him or not...with Thielen playing i would have, but not sure how much vikings will be up on washington where mattison would get lots of garbage time

Edited by swetooth9

42 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

Anyone starting him paired with Dalvin Cook tonight?

Thought about it for a second, but then quickly cast that thought aside.

It could work out well, but in my experience over the years it misses more than hits.

I don't like stacking two RB's from the same team in general, but that's just me.

1 hour ago, swetooth9 said:

can't decide whether to start him or not...with Thielen playing i would have, but not sure how much vikings will be up on washington where mattison would get lots of garbage time

You really think that Thielen being out is going to make some massive impact on this game? The Redskins are a joke, Minnesota is a far cry from one, you should be expecting a blowout regardless.

Mattison could see extra work being a short week, and a game Minnesota should control so lots of pounding the rock

16.5 point spread + short week + extra heavy load last game for Cook should mean at least several extra touches for Alex the Great Handcuff.  

I am desperate enough to start him, just not drunk enough yet.  I've got 5 hours to fix that!

• Haha 5

No way would I start him unless I had absolutely nobody else.

Screw it, I'm in.  Playing over Walton and Cohen. I can live with a 0 or a 20, my team sucks. 

• Like 1

No touchdowns but he does look really good, I'm definitely holding onto this guy and I don't own Cook.

• Like 1