oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Sadzeck is the guy to own in Seattle.

 

Why do you say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elias is the best bet for saves for Seattle. He’s been solid all year, not sure why he wasn’t called upon today. Bet the manage regrets it now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Brasier lost his job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brennan and sadzak have had the best numbers in the mariners pen, but Elias and Swarzak have been getting the bulk of save oops up to this point...why not give one of these 2 a shot at the gig..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, street sharks said:

How does brasier have a 17% swstr but only a 8.3 k/9?

Good question. There are 2 others above him with even worse correlation:

Wandy Peralta 19.3%swstr 6.75 k/9

Stanek 18.2%swstr 7.88 k/9

My only explanation is it's still SSS for relievers at 14-16ip right now so the numbers will probably adjust one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think it is hasty for all these owners to be letting go of Leclerc? I mean honestly I just do not see how he does not get the job back soon. Not sure what he will do when he does but he will get the job back probably within the week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the Twins doing? Who is the closer? Am I supposed to grab Rogers now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Anyone think it is hasty for all these owners to be letting go of Leclerc? I mean honestly I just do not see how he does not get the job back soon. Not sure what he will do when he does but he will get the job back probably within the week

Yeah if he continues to do well in low leverage situations I imagine they'll go back to him in the near future. Only time will tell, but I think dropping is very premature.

 

23 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

What are the Twins doing? Who is the closer? Am I supposed to grab Rogers now? 

 

I believe Rogers is used in LHP heavy situations.  Meaning Parker should still get the majority of opportunities but Rogers will snipe a few from him. 

Edited by Baur10
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

What are the Twins doing? Who is the closer? Am I supposed to grab Rogers now? 

 

nothing new the whole season so far..rogers getting the opps when the situation calls for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

What's going on with Boston? Still holding Brasier? Or swapping for Barnes now? 

 

I still believe both are in the mix. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what are yall doing with jose alvarado in S+H leagues? 

 

very little usage lately in games where he should be getting appearances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I still believe both are in the mix. 

 

Agreed---I'd hold both, though I think Barnes' stock is rising and Brasier's slightly declining.  Wouldn't make moves, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

what are yall doing with jose alvarado in S+H leagues? 

 

very little usage lately in games where he should be getting appearances.

 

Had wrong guy's stats pulled up... apologies. 

Edited by Junkie Cosmonaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

BOS - Barnes ATM but def fluid with Brasier, id roster barnes over brasier if i had to pick rn, neither have me excited or confident

MIN - Its Parker for lions share with Rodgers getting the lefty saves

TEX - i think leclerc gets it back wouldnt bother with the Martin and Kelley

TB - even as a fan i have no clue whats going on here, Castillo - Alvarado - Pagan all are in the mix based off of something, heck if i know, id lean Alvarado/Castillo over Pagan tho, those 2 have best bet to run with it imo

KC - i like Kennedy if you have a spot, the meh outing recently doesn't turn me away, bad defense accounted for most of that and i dont see another arm to contest Kennedy really

ATL - im on the Luke Jackson train with a 👀 following minter from the WW (still think they sign kimbrel after the draft)

SEA - its Elias for me easily at this point, the other 2 guys are better but haven't really seen much action, until then just watching them and how Elias does

LAA - I rank them Robles - Allen - Buttrey as it seems buttrey wont really get a fair crack as the fireman kind of guy imo, still think allen gets another chance and Robles has NEVER had a sub 3.5 ERA (3.48 one year thats it) which doesn't get me excited about his ROS outlook

 

Obv take this FWIW and feel free to chime in with any other opinions or takes on these situations, i just wanted to do a recap and outline my opinions

 

Nice recap. Love when people take the time to do this when there’s question marks everywhere. Agree with just about all of it.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

BOS - Barnes ATM but def fluid with Brasier, id roster barnes over brasier if i had to pick rn, neither have me excited or confident

MIN - Its Parker for lions share with Rodgers getting the lefty saves

TEX - i think leclerc gets it back wouldnt bother with the Martin and Kelley

TB - even as a fan i have no clue whats going on here, Castillo - Alvarado - Pagan all are in the mix based off of something, heck if i know, id lean Alvarado/Castillo over Pagan tho, those 2 have best bet to run with it imo

KC - i like Kennedy if you have a spot, the meh outing recently doesn't turn me away, bad defense accounted for most of that and i dont see another arm to contest Kennedy really

ATL - im on the Luke Jackson train with a 👀 following minter from the WW (still think they sign kimbrel after the draft)

SEA - its Elias for me easily at this point, the other 2 guys are better but haven't really seen much action, until then just watching them and how Elias does

LAA - I rank them Robles - Allen - Buttrey as it seems buttrey wont really get a fair crack as the fireman kind of guy imo, still think allen gets another chance and Robles has NEVER had a sub 3.5 ERA (3.48 one year thats it) which doesn't get me excited about his ROS outlook

 

Obv take this FWIW and feel free to chime in with any other opinions or takes on these situations, i just wanted to do a recap and outline my opinions

 

Good list. Notably absent from the list is Mychel Givens. There was some high profile weird usage in week 1 of the season but since April 2 I don't see any evidence that indicates any type of timeshare whatsoever. His cementing the position has been masked effectively by Baltimore's constant persistent losing; to me it looks like he might have been a few days behind when the regular season opened and they happened to catch a bunch of close early games.

He wouldn't go to the top of this list for me (because, Orioles....) but he'd be in the top 3 (with Parker and Barnes). Still under 30% ownership in CBS leagues. Reasonable to good numbers which cannot be said about anyone else in that bullpen.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Div1726 said:

Good list. Notably absent from the list is Mychel Givens. There was some high profile weird usage in week 1 of the season but since April 2 I don't see any evidence that indicates any type of timeshare whatsoever. His cementing the position has been masked effectively by Baltimore's constant persistent losing; to me it looks like he might have been a few days behind when the regular season opened and they happened to catch a bunch of close early games.

He wouldn't go to the top of this list for me (because, Orioles....) but he'd be in the top 3 (with Parker and Barnes). Still under 30% ownership in CBS leagues. Reasonable to good numbers which cannot be said about anyone else in that bullpen.   

 

Good catch, i didnt include him mainly cause i think its clear hes the guy on that bad team for saves

side note my list was not in any particular order 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is trivino a hold in Oakland or is treinen good to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Is trivino a hold in Oakland or is treinen good to go?

Treinen is reportedly good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been any word out of SEA about Swarzak moving forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Nice recap. Love when people take the time to do this when there’s question marks everywhere. Agree with just about all of it.

 

 

 

I just wish more people would go back a page or two and read posts like this, rather than post the same questions re Boston, Minnesota, Anaheim every day.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

 

I just wish more people would go back a page or two and read posts like this, rather than post the same questions re Boston, Minnesota, Anaheim every day.

 

BINGO....it is just simply laziness, bottom line

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.