oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

I don't understand.   Why is Chris Martin only owned in 28% of Yahoo leagues and Jose LeClerc still owned in 58% of leagues?

This below.

7 hours ago, mlb2019 said:

50% of yahoo cbs and espn teams are probably dead or rarely managed teams.

Except I'd put the number at at least 90% since casual public leagues where 3/4 of the "managers" leave after the first week take up way more than even 90% of all leagues everywhere.  But we both agree on this.  Never ever believe "ownership %" on any of these sites.  They count all leagues, not the private competitive leagues.  Never ever make a decision or seem puzzled over this silly "stat."

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

Robles with the 5run save. Oh wait 🤔 

• Haha 1

Castillo doing a 2 inning stint meaning it's got to be Alvarado up in the 9th.   I own Pagan (and could use the save) but he pitched yesterday already so would be stunned if it were anyone else...

15 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

Castillo doing a 2 inning stint meaning it's got to be Alvarado up in the 9th.   I own Pagan (and could use the save) but he pitched yesterday already so would be stunned if it were anyone else...

well that has to be frustrating for Alvarado owners..

Webb looked wild, good stuff just has to control it better. Venters in to face the lefty.

Clean save 2K for Iglesias. 

Is Brasier out as closer? 

barnes has been pitching well and Brasier hasn’t looked good. It would have been worse if JBJ didn’t make that great catch to save the day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

barnes has been pitching well and Brasier hasn’t looked good. It would have been worse if JBJ didn’t make that great catch to save the day. 

I asked this same question yesterday, and didn't get an answer. Today is our waiver wire and I'm contemplating dropping him. I can't remember the last time Brasier got a save. He has been killing my WHIP & ERA though, so there is that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Team Dynasty said:

I asked this same question yesterday, and didn't get an answer. Today is our waiver wire and I'm contemplating dropping him. I can't remember the last time Brasier got a save. He has been killing my WHIP & ERA though, so there is that.

Same problems here bud. 

He isn’t getting saves and he’s killing my ratios. I may bite the bullet and drop him 

It’s understandable if you wanna drop brasier cause he’s not getting saves but he’s got a 3.24 era and a 0.96 whip which aren’t bad 

9 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

I'm not ready to drop until I see a couple more save opps from them. Brasier had a good outing last time.

2 hours ago, Team Dynasty said:

Pull up Boston's schedule and see how few save opportunities they've had for the past three weeks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

I'm not ready to drop until I see a couple more save opps from them. Brasier had a good outing last time.

I was going to say the same thing. I still think Brasier gets saves. Cora likes having Barnes setting up. He is the best pitcher of the two . They all have a rough patch . Think Cora continues to mix and match

1 hour ago, Under500Forever said:

Same problems here bud. 

He isn’t getting saves and he’s killing my ratios. I may bite the bullet and drop him 

You call that killing your ratios? Guess you (luckily) didn’t have any shares of Minter. 😭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

at which point did Kirby Yates decide to become Aroldis Chapman?

16.7 k/9 crazy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

at which point did Kirby Yates decide to become Aroldis Chapman?

16.7 k/9 crazy

When the majority of hitters decided to become Rob Deer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Homer_Erotic said:

When the majority of hitters decided to become Rob Deer.

Yah I feel you but no other good pitcher has become this elite that fast especially at 32 yrs old It’s insane

Edited by Golden Spikes

7 hours ago, Dislimb said:

You call that killing your ratios? Guess you (luckily) didn’t have any shares of Minter. 😭

Maybe killing my ratios was a bit extreme but he did give up 5 runs in 1 inning total between his two appearances on 5/2 and 5/7.

he almost gave up 2 more runs against the Orioles but JBJ made that amazing catch. 

Since his demotion, Leclerc has pitched 5 innings, struck out 8, allowed 1 run and 5 baserunners. I own no shares, but that has to be encouraging for his owners. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Since his demotion, Leclerc has pitched 5 innings, struck out 8, allowed 1 run and 5 baserunners. I own no shares, but that has to be encouraging for his owners. 

As long as these owners own him in their AAA Fantasy Leagues. 

It is hard to gauge a struggling closer at AAA level because so much of the physical problems start with the mental (pressure) problems which only really manifest back in the majors.  Getting a big contract is also part of the mental problems some players get into wanting to prove they are worth the money/years and thus pressing to hard and getting their mechanics etc all out of whack.

• Confused 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:56 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Cody Allen in the game bottom 9 up by 5. Tough play for Simmons gets a runner on board. 

Will keep you posted ;)

edit, then gets a check swing K and a fly out. 2 down.

edit 2, walked Chris Davis, 2 aboard...repeat, he walked Chris Davis.

last edit, swinging K  gets Nunez to end the game. (saw Buttrey warming)

I watched him today pumping 92 mph "heaters". That's not going to work for him. 

• Like 1