oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

22 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

you are a hall of famer asking if ian kennedy is the closer? apologize to yourself, KC is royally FUBAR this year

What?? Simmer down. It's a perfectly acceptable question. If you play in a league where saves aren't essential I'd definitely ignore him, but I'm absolutely rostering him if I'm desperate for saves. Ian appears to have at least some portion of the job.

56 minutes ago, cyberer said:

I agree long-term he is a starter or will be tried as such;  but modern day teams see temporary bullpen moves as a way to limit innings AND fill a need on the big league club, my question was more about that. 

That's fair. Maybe later in the year you see that happen. I think Touki is bound for a good career as a RP

1 hour ago, DFWSooner said:

Just read an article stating that Kimbrel will very likely wait until after the June 4 draft so teams will avoid having to use the draft pick.  And he's refusing to sign a one year deal. 

If you've held on to him this long, I mean you pretty much have to stick it out now, right?

Ive heard that if a team signs him after June 4, they’ll just forfeit a 2020 pick instead.  At some point he becomes waiver fodder. Struggling fantasy teams can’t hold onto him forever 

Posted (edited)

Just when you think Kapler has settled on a closer.....#Kaplered. Neris pitching in the 6th.

Edited by meh2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Just when you think Kapler has settled on a closer.....#Kaplered. Neris pitching in the 6th.

Kapler and settled should not be in the same sentence.  When will you people learn. Kapler will always be Kapler.

8 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

The cherry on the Sunday is that Neris threw one pitch. 

top 5 ROOGY rest of the year...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

top 5 ROOGY rest of the year...

Didn’t qualify for a hold. And Dominguez is in line for the win despite giving a run up. 

36 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Didn’t qualify for a hold. And Dominguez is in line for the win despite giving a run up. 

And Sir Anthony got the Win.  But man he went from one of the favored closer choices in Kapler's Menagerie of Many Arms to du'h so far this season.

Jeffress a safe drop   Doesn’t look like he’s got what it takes to compete with Hader. 

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And Sir Anthony got the Win.  But man he went from one of the favored closer choices in Kapler's Menagerie of Many Arms to du'h so far this season.

Outside of his first 6 weeks up in the majors last year he's only been ok as a reliever.  I think there's upside to get back to what he was back then but the reality is he's no better then a bunch of other relief choices out there at the moment...

3 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Jeffress a safe drop   Doesn’t look like he’s got what it takes to compete with Hader. 

Not so sure "compete with Hader" is the right way to look at it. I think if/when jeffress is back to 100% he will be given every opportunity to get save situations because they like using Hader in a fireman role.

16 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Not so sure "compete with Hader" is the right way to look at it. I think if/when jeffress is back to 100% he will be given every opportunity to get save situations because they like using Hader in a fireman role.

Sounds familiar

Buttrey two out save?

Posted (edited)

Bummer about Robles not being in

Edited by Members_Only_76

Robles is warming up FWIW

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by itaos
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, itaos said:

Robles is warming up FWIW

Yeah I think a base hit there may have brought him in. 

7 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Of course Buttrey gets the op the day I pick Robles up. Of courseeeeeeeee.

23 minutes ago, itaos said:

The guy JUST posted why, LOL

12 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

The guy JUST posted why, LOL

Lol I know, but still... fantasy.

• Haha 1