oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

And Diego Castillo’s stock continues to rise. ⬆️

10 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

And Diego Castillo’s stock continues to rise. ⬆️

I own Castillo and would like this but I expect nothing to change going forward.  Mix and match...

• Like 3

Hector Robles with a 1-2-3 ninth. Of all of the MR on my roster tonight to pitch a clean inning...

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

I own Castillo and would like this but I expect nothing to change going forward.  Mix and match...

I hope so. As an Alvarado owner, his stuff is so good & exciting to watch, and I want to continue to see him getting save chances, obviously. He just had one dreadful outing tonight...

Edited by nlm

Jackson struck out the only batter he faced to record his sixth save of the season in Friday's 12-8 win over the Brewers.

Spin: It didn't seem like Atlanta was going to need its closer when the Braves wrapped up the sixth inning with a 12-0 lead, but the bullpen let Milwaukee back into the game, forcing manager Brian Snitker to summon Jackson with two on and two outs in the ninth. He's now 6-for-7 in converting save chances since moving into the closer role in late April, and his 2.01 ERA and 28:7 K:BB through 22.1 innings on the year are elite numbers for a reliever, albeit in a small sample.

• Thanks 1

I don't know, but if he can net a save here, that would be a huge boost of confidence.

28 minutes ago, nlm said:

I don't know, but if he can net a save here, that would be a huge boost of confidence.

Your wish is granted lol

Conley with the save for Miami today. Anything to see here or just a day off for Romo?

29 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Conley with the save for Miami today. Anything to see here or just a day off for Romo?

Romo pitched 28 in 2 innings so I'm guessing that's the reason.

• Like 1

ALL HAIL NERIS

• Like 1

Just now, Code of Hammurabi said:

ALL HAIL NERIS

2 inning save 

• Like 1

Everyone and their mother knows Neris should be full time closer but Kapler wants to be that mad scientist. 

• Like 2

Just now, reichl555 said:

Everyone and their mother knows Neris should be full time closer but Kapler wants to be that mad scientist. 

agree lol. Seems like he has the trust now though!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loro1991 said:

Neris is this threads hero

Neris is this world’s hero. I hope he somehow wins the Iron Throne tomorrow.

Neris shows Iglesias how it’s done. 

On 5/16/2019 at 5:06 PM, swfcdan said:

LeClerc to be used as an opener now? Is he still worth holding in a league full of saves hawks? 

Still think he's the best arm in their pen.

I'm holding LeClerq in a dynasty because he is the best arm.

First, hopefully TEX RP Shawn Kelley's medical reports come back clean/negative for him and his family.

Secondly, will he slide right back into the Closer role when healthy or does Martin still hold it down? 

Ultimately they both should just be temporary if/when LeClerq gets back on track. 

• Like 1

Shawn Kelley has throat surgery Thursday, but supposedly could return to the Texas pen as early as Sunday. Not that there’s been many save opps in Texas anyway. 

5 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

agree lol. Seems like he has the trust now though!!

Everytime someone says neris got the trust now, next time he'll use nicasio or edubray ramos or something like that out of nowhere

Buttrey goes the distance. Same logic as before. Manager does not want to be in a situation where has to use Buttrey and Robles 3 straight days. So he saves Robles arm on day 2 and rides Buttrey. 

Robles is still the primary closer, but this means he will never get saves on back to back days.

• Thanks 1

Neris will be pitching in the 6th, down 3 tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What are the consensus thoughts of the forum on the save prospects of Jeffress?