oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

4 hours ago, Johnny289 said:

I would think they move him with a good enough deal. Toronto not looking like a heavy favorite for 2020. He is pitching very well and should get a nice prospect or two for him. 

Not the thread for this discussion but Toronto shouldn't be this bad.   I can see them being over 500 next year if they don't deal off Stroman and/or Sanchez although they could. 

They need to fire the hitting coach.

Posted (edited)

Not a good night to be a Luke Jackson owner

Raffi said “tick tock, mr.wick”

Edited by ASHLANDARROWS1992

LeClerc struck out 3 and walked 1 in the 7th. 

Call me crazy but I see Julio Urias getting some save opportunities in the near future. Not save opportunities from Jansen, but 3 inning saves. Today he entered bottom of 7th with a 5 run lead, but they limited him to 30 pitches and 2 innings. Before the suspension he was doing 40+ and 3 innings in similar situations. If he was stretched out he would've gotten the save today. He got 2 saves the week before he left.  They also haven't been scared to throw him in high leverage situations.

Bottomline, I'd pickup Julio Urias where I can. Could have sneaky good value, 

-Good ratios

-Good K rate

-Potential Save & W opportunities out of bullpen

-Potential (and eventual) rotation option 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Could Cishek stick as closer even when Strop returns? He's got better numbers than Strop and he did lock down 3 saves before blowing that one against Cincy

They're both 4/6 on the year

Edited by street sharks

Hurt by a bad relay and blooper to end it, but Shawn Kelley blew it and took the L.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, terminator10 said:

Call me crazy but I see Julio Urias getting some save opportunities in the near future. Not save opportunities from Jansen, but 3 inning saves.

Why would you be crazy? He already has one of those types of saves this year, as well as another when Jansen wasn't available (ironically, both saves came in his last two appearances before tonight). As long as he remains on the roster his role isn't likely to change much this season as they try to conserve his innings. I definitely agree - sneaky good value in deeper leagues.

Edited by Dark One

2 hours ago, Dark One said:

Why would you be crazy? He already has one of those types of saves this year, as well as another when Jansen wasn't available (ironically, both saves came in his last two appearances before tonight). As long as he remains on the roster his role isn't likely to change much this season as they try to conserve his innings. I definitely agree - sneaky good value in deeper leagues.

And they need his arm in the bullpen more this year anyway. 

1. Meanwhile Diekman another solid outting. Clean inning with 2 K's

9 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Not a good night to be a Luke Jackson owner

Raffi said “tick tock, mr.wick”

Did I miss something 

48 minutes ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

Did I miss something 

Never saw the box score till now..listening to satallite radio in the car last night and when they recapped the game they said it was Jackson who blew the save giving up those 4 runs..it was actually winkler and not Jackson..Lololol 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, terminator10 said:

Call me crazy but I see Julio Urias getting some save opportunities in the near future. Not save opportunities from Jansen, but 3 inning saves. Today he entered bottom of 7th with a 5 run lead, but they limited him to 30 pitches and 2 innings. Before the suspension he was doing 40+ and 3 innings in similar situations. If he was stretched out he would've gotten the save today. He got 2 saves the week before he left.  They also haven't been scared to throw him in high leverage situations.

Bottomline, I'd pickup Julio Urias where I can. Could have sneaky good value, 

-Good ratios

-Good K rate

-Potential Save & W opportunities out of bullpen

-Potential (and eventual) rotation option 

Great post, didn’t realize how valuable he could still be.  Only issue is his arrest and possible ramifications with MLB...any updates on more possible suspensions?

How much longer are people holding onto Jeremy Jeffres? ?

So the Matt Barnes use for good ratios maybe get some saves experiment is ending?

4 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

How much longer are people holding onto Jeremy Jeffres? ?

People are still holding onto Jeffress? In non hold leagues, that’s some impressive patience.

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

People are still holding onto Jeffress? In non hold leagues, that’s some impressive patience.

Not in 10 teamers or thinner leagues, but but in deeper 5x5 roto leagues sure.

9 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Not in 10 teamers or thinner leagues, but but in deeper 5x5 roto leagues sure.

He’s a free agent in all of my 12 team and 16 team leagues, but sure keep holding.

9 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Welcome back, LeClerc.

Don't really know what Texas was thinking putting Kelley in for the 4th time in 5 days while he was fresh of the DL. I think it's safe to say he won't pitch today regardless of the situation, but it will be interesting to see who gets the next save op over next couple days. Like all sports, MLB is a copycat league, and with all of these other teams using their best arms as a "fireman" role, you never really know. IMO Kelley still hasn't done anything to lose the job, so I still think the gig is his to lose. Also wouldn't shock me to see LeClerc get a save op, let it get in his head again, try to do too much, and lose control as he was doing to lose the job in the first place. I guess time will tell, but I'm not crowning LeClerc King again just yet 👑

I just might.  Thanks for the insight.   Much appreciated.

both the Braves and Rays have sown interest in Kimbrel (and Keuchel).

On 5/25/2019 at 7:41 AM, codog24 said:

What "closer in waiting" is everyone grabbing, hoping that the closer in front of them gets traded before the deadline? Two that I'm looking at: Jimenez in DET and Moronta/Melancon in SF. Am I missing any others?

These are the 2 I’ve chosen to hold in my deep NL only. Moronta is filthy, recent numbers notwithstanding. The Miami guys have some appeal too. 

4 hours ago, motown magic said:
  1. Meanwhile Diekman another solid outting. Clean inning with 2 K's

Is he in line to receive one of the 6 save chances the Royals will have rest of season?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

So the Matt Barnes use for good ratios maybe get some saves experiment is ending?

Who knows what Boston is doing.  I don't even think their manager knows at this point.

In my opinion, I would just put the whole situation out of it's misery and bring in somebody, but that's just me.  One of the dumb things though is Brasier wasn't even that bad in the role.  One of his blown saves wasn't even his fault (Devers botching an easy grounder), but still, he's been solid overall.  Although when you really think about it, the team generates hardly any save opportunities, so I'm not sure how much it matters right now.