Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

5/1 - GAME DAY THREAD

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, WinterBall said:

Gallo with a 114 mph line shot down the line for his 11th HR.  Killing it.

I'm a Ranger fan and I refused to draft him this year because I couldn't stand his approach, and wasn't for sure he could improve it.  I regret it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

is it a down year for stolen bases, or just my team? Dozier's steal today was seriously my entire team's first SB in damn near 2 weeks. I had 0 last week, and I've got Villar, Cain, Pham, etc.

Y.Grandal has 3 SBs. Just seems like a strange, strange year everywhere.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Santana had Taillons number today. 

Can't believe this is the same Danny Santana of yesteryear Twins days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So. Tanaka just sucks? Anyone dumping him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Seriously Moreland? HRs in back to back as soon as I drop you. Eff that guy,

Oakland is full of meatballers. You picked an odd time to cut him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Curious why I keep rolling Tanaka out there. Guys is brutal right now. 

 

60+ pitches thru 3 inn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

anyone else's bats ice cold?

My bats were unbelievable last week but it’s like a switch flipped Monday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My AL pitcher, who still has a sub 4.00 ERA that advanced metrics back up, gave up 2 runs in an inning on the road to the 7th highest scoring team in the game so I'm going to drop him, is an odd way to go about winning a league.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smeeze said:

My bats were unbelievable last week but it’s like a switch flipped Monday morning.

 

maybe next time around the order they'll get him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

My AL pitcher, who still has a sub 4.00 ERA that advanced metrics back up, gave up 2 runs in an inning on the road to the 7th highest scoring team in the game so I'm going to drop him, is an odd way to go about winning a league.   

 

3 ER, jack by Marte.

 

So you're happy with Tanaka?

 

The drop comment was sarcasm btw, we overract and talk trash in the gameday thread sometimes. My bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelvin Guittirez (??) 2 run HR off Snell.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

3 ER, jack by Marte.

 

So you're happy with Tanaka?

 

The drop comment was sarcasm btw, we overract and talk trash in the gameday thread sometimes. My bad.

 

If I wanted passive aggressive sarcasm, I'd talk to my wife. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But seriously, this is rite of passage for Tanaka owners. If you didn't know what you were in for, its on you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

 

If I wanted passive aggressive sarcasm, I'd talk to my wife. 

 

touche :D

 

Keep the K's coming Tanaka, my ERA whip is toast anyway

 

think they'll let him go 5? they usually yank him early and his pitch count is approaching 80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

But seriously, this is rite of passage for Tanaka owners. If you didn't know what you were in for, its on you. 

 

fair, I'm a first time owner. so roller coast is what you're saying? have him in roto, so probably set and forget for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

anyone else's bats ice cold?

Yes, for at least the last two weeks.  The Vent & Rant Thread is basically my home away from home this season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

fair, I'm a first time owner. so roller coast is what you're saying? have him in roto, so probably set and forget for the most part.

 

Usually the roller coaster flattens out, but early season problems are pretty typical with him. Its only a matter of time before the elbow / UCL talk starts up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

 

Usually the roller coaster flattens out, but early season problems are pretty typical with him. Its only a matter of time before the elbow / UCL talk starts up. 

 

Copy that. Well if the best is yet to come this year, I'll be a happy camper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

replay challenge in AZ (called out at 2nd)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this