djmax101

Nick Senzel 2019 Outlook

Hope he's okay. Took a foul ball off his face, removed from game, couldn't finish his at bat.

How's everyone feeling about him nowadays? I'm kibda disappointed he doesnt steal bases anymore 

5 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

How's everyone feeling about him nowadays? I'm kibda disappointed he doesnt steal bases anymore 

I think people in redraft are dropping him. 

2 hours ago, Kramjam24 said:

I’m not too concerned, his 162 avg is currently 105 R, 24 HR, 77 RBI, 20 SB. Not going to overreact to what might just be a little slump.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Hope its nothing related to his previous head issues. He had a rather lengthy DL stint due to vertigo last season.

23 minutes ago, BleedRedsRed said:

Hope its nothing related to his previous head issues. He had a rather lengthy DL stint due to vertigo last season.

Hope he is ok.  If a player removes himself from a game due to a headache there might be a bigger issue.

57 minutes ago, BleedRedsRed said:

Out today. Said to have been a migraine. Hope you’re right.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

He’s available off the bench, should be just fine. 

And came into the game. He's fine.

I think Senzel is in for a big second half and I'm loving that he gets to kick it off in Colorado this weekend.  I regularly look him up on Twitter to see what the fantasy guys and locals are saying about him and he's clearly already a fan favorite in Cinci.  They love the guy and are amazed by how polished of a player and hitter he already is.  I read a recent interview with him where he was saying that he's been taking his time feeling things out but he's getting more and more acclimated to the big leagues and feeling like he's ready to really show what he can do.   Coors, then Wrigley, then a homestand....Giddyup!  

• Like 1

Lots of good rookies this year, and Senzel is absolutely one of the most exciting of the bunch.

I doubt he produces much over the next 10 days or so unless he gets the power stroke going somehow which I doubt cause his foot hurts . His foot is hurt so no steal attempts in the near future IMO. He will play hurt and produce about nothing over next 10 days. I really don;t see anything like a Yordan Alvarez,Fernando Tatis Jr or a Austin Riley type breakout from this guy.  Just a bunch of spread singles here and maybe one hr there to tease you into thinking hes going to have a hot streak which never comes. I rather have any of the other 3 mentioned ROS on my team then this guy.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

I doubt he produces much over the next 10 days or so unless he gets the power stroke going somehow which I doubt cause his foot hurts . His foot is hurt so no steal attempts in the near future IMO. He will play hurt and produce about nothing over next 10 days. I really don;t see anything like a Yordan Alvarez,Fernando Tatis Jr or a Austin Riley type breakout from this guy.  Just a bunch of spread singles here and maybe one hr there to tease you into thinking hes going to have a hot streak which never comes. I rather have any of the other 3 mentioned ROS on my team then this guy.

Yeah Senzel just feels like a .266/.786 OPS guy to me.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
This isn't the Riley thread.

29 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Whole lot of meh lately.  Like, bad.

Hold in most formats, but not undroppable. My league has kind of fallen asleep at the wheel on waivers and I dropped him a couple weeks ago.

I'm assuming many of you are playing in mixed league formats because in an NL only league he has been fine. 8HRs/9SBs in 60 games isn't too shabby for a rookie (unless you are judging him on a Keston Hiura scale)

Last 7 days he is  batting .333 with an OPS of .988 and a steal. So it's not like the dude is slumping. 

He also plays at Great American Ballpark which was the #1 HR hitting park in the majors last year (9th this year). The Reds are also out of it so they have every reason to give this kid all the playing time he can handle. 

• Like 1

Kid's  made of glass, out again today

On 6/20/2019 at 10:44 PM, BAMADEUCE said:

Yeah he’s gonna hit. Just be patient. Reds are rolling and he’s a big part of it 

You are asking A LOT (for most fantasy owners). LOL

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

Kid's  made of glass, out again today

While I’m surprised he’s not playing today, he did pinch run and stay to play CF last night. That’s not typically done if your hamstring injury is doing bad. I’m assuming today is just precautionary and he’ll get the start next game.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, Trexpenniebaker said:

Wrote this 10 days ago nuff said. Yordan Raking Tatis raking ,Riley and Senzel are twins now i guess thou Riley is healthy just can't hit anymore . Over this last 2 years this guy has pulled his hammy now and has missed the last 4 games A few weeks ago he fouled a ball off his face missed a few games.  Had migraine problems missed a few game  IN Spring training  sprains his ankle causing him to miss a bunch games in  April   Last year he dealt with vertigo twice missed a bunch of games. Then he broke his finger missed a bunch of games and the rest of the season . He misses more games then even David China Dahl. I so regret drafting him this yr when I could have had Yordan Tatis Riley or Micheal Chivas instead

• Like 1

So now I've lost a player to leukemia, a massage injury, and...possibly vertigo? To say this has been a strange injury season would be an understatement

Nick Senzel was pulled from Wednesday's game versus the Brewers due to an undisclosed injury.

Senzel singled to lead off the game but then looked dizzy while at first base. Worth noting is that the rookie has dealt with vertigo issues in the past. The Reds should have an update on him soon

• Like 1