Joe Odam

D'Onta Foreman 2019 Outlook

Sack Exchange was being sarcastic when he said to draft Foreman with confidence.  I wasn't being sarcastic when I said Foreman is toast.

But I think that's messed up of BOB to rip on Foreman's work ethic.  The real issue is that RBs cannot recover from achilles tears and return to their previous form.  It's never yet happened.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Sack Exchange was being sarcastic when he said to draft Foreman with confidence.  I wasn't being sarcastic when I said Foreman is toast.

But I think that's messed up of BOB to rip on Foreman's work ethic.  The real issue is that RBs cannot recover from achilles tears and return to their previous form.  It's never yet happened.

Achilles injury is brutal, no argument there.  I do think it is possible for a RB to come back from it, but it is low probability.  Say 1 out of 20 (random number selection).  I am aware it is hard enough already to come back from it in general at any position in any sport.  The compounding factor in my opinion is that it is a two year recovery and teams don't give runningbacks a chance at what they perceive to be, an easily replaceable position.  Teams don't seem willing to give that opportunity for recovery.

Teams now treat ACL tears as if 9 months to a year is plenty of recovery time, and then you are 100% back to normal.  That is rarely the case. Most of the guys I've read about have issues that first year back and the leg isn't as strong and doesn't feel right until year two.  Thing is, once they clear you, they assume you should be good to go and you have to survive to year two to showcase that you are full go.

56 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't think it is messed up. It was likely a valid excuse for why Foreman wasn't able to return late last season and wasn't up to snuff in camp so far this preseason. Conditioning and work ethic is why a lot of NFL players fail.

Odd timing.  I wonder if something else was involved. 

Damn, this guy was awesome. Every year I loved how he got hyped up to steal millers job despite being much worse. Sure Miller isn’t the best back, but foreman isn’t even a starting caliber rb and then tore his Achilles. Hopefully Miller’s adp doesn’t rise now. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Trading for Melvin Gordon

Makes no sense unless the team is delusional and thinks they’re legit SB contenders and RB is the missing piece. If the Texans trade for someone then an OL like the ‘Skins OT Trent Williams would be smarter.

My prediction is HOU will pick up an FA like Jay Ajayi to compete with Lamar Miller. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cue the speculation as to where this "hot commodity" will land.  RW has hilariously opined that Foreman will resurface soon.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

RW has hilariously opined that Foreman will resurface soon.

yeah, at the Denny's on Westheimer .. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, devaster said:

Time was told. He done.

He wasn’t cut due to his injury. It was attitude related.but you knew that right? So yes, he’s done...with the Texans. He’ll surely get picked up elsewhere. 

• Haha 1

Well BOB had to say something after puffing up Foreman without ceasing for the past two years.  I don't buy that Foreman had a poor work ethic, at all.  I actually will probably never believe anything that particular coach says, going forward.

44 minutes ago, DAROSA88 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Dallas claims him. 

That would be a good landing spot for him.  His hometown is Texas City and he played college ball at Texas.

Still holding in dynasty to see where he lands but this, along with the injury, do not bode well for sure. A shame as he showed some flashes as a rookie. 

I drafted Foreman at the very end of the draft in 2 of my leagues thinking like I'm sure many others did, that he could supplant Lamar Miller as the starter if not before the season then early in the season.  I read nothing but positive things about him including good things about his work ethic so something else must have happened.  As others have said, it shouldn't take long for him to resurface elsewhere but it's doubtful that he'll be fantasy relevant anymore this year.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I drafted Foreman at the very end of the draft in 2 of my leagues thinking like I'm sure many others did, that he could supplant Lamar Miller as the starter if not before the season then early in the season.  I read nothing but positive things about him including good things about his work ethic so something else must have happened.  As others have said, it shouldn't take long for him to resurface elsewhere but it's doubtful that he'll be fantasy relevant anymore this year.

Or ever.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Or ever.

You’re probably right ..... 24 hours later....

That was quick

D'Onta Foreman RB, Indianapolis Colts

Colts signed RB D'onta Foreman, formerly of the Texans.

Backup RB Keith Ford was waived in a corresponding move. Recently waived by the Texans himself, Foreman lands in a loaded backfield as the likely early-down backup to Marlon Mack. Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and Jonathan Williams round out the rest of the roster, with Spencer Ware likely seeking out an injury settlement to play elsewhere. It's worth noting longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans waived Foreman because they were unsatisfied with his "work habits" — something that obviously won't stand in Indy. If Mack is dealt another season of nagging ailments, though, it's Foreman who'll be a name to monitor as the power-running successor (despite his ongoing ACL recovery). In the meantime, Mack remains an unequivocal RB2 across all formats.

Related:

Houston Texans

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Aug 5, 2019, 4:57 PM ET

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, K197040 said:

That was quick

Backup RB Keith Ford was waived in a corresponding move. Recently waived by the Texans himself, Foreman lands in a loaded backfield as the likely early-down backup to Marlon Mack. Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and Jonathan Williams round out the rest of the roster, with Spencer Ware likely seeking out an injury settlement to play elsewhere. It's worth noting longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans waived Foreman because they were unsatisfied with his "work habits" — something that obviously won't stand in Indy. If Mack is dealt another season of nagging ailments, though, it's Foreman who'll be a name to monitor as the power-running successor (despite his ongoing ACL recovery). In the meantime, Mack remains an unequivocal RB2 across all formats.

Related:

Houston Texans

Foreman tore his acl?

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

You’re probably right ..... 24 hours later....

Wait for it...wait for it...

16 hours ago, K197040 said:

That was quick

Related:

Houston Texans

One of the teams that needed running back help the least.  😑