BrianM

Mike Williams 2019 Outlook

I have a feeling he’s gonna get a full share of snaps and go off but I’m still rolling out with a safer option

• Like 3

Tough call here. The Charger's have said Williams will be limited to red zone situations. If you take that at face value, it's hard to start him. I don't have much WR depth on my bench. This is most likely a boom or bust play. 

• Thanks 2

I’m really questioning the coaches decision to play him. “I’m very concerned...,”

46 minutes ago, arielk31 said:

I have a feeling he’s gonna get a full share of snaps and go off but I’m still rolling out with a safer option

This is my plan as well.  If he has a big game then I'll just be happy that he's solidified a meaningful role going forward.  If he doesn't, then I'm not yelling at myself for doing something stupid.

• Like 1

Any injury update?

Yeah, no idea how he's feeling now but its good that he felt well enough during the game to attempt and make this catch:

• Like 1

Someone in my friends-and-family league dropped him last week after the injury news and I scooped him right up.  I actually threw him out there this past weekend over Josh Gordon solely because of his TD upside potential.  I mean, he scored double-digit TDs last season, and now they've lost Hunter Henry?  Rivers has a history of throwing TDs to large outside receivers (Vincent Jackson / Malcom Floyd), so this is a very very ideal situation for Mike Williams.  Even if it were an MCL sprain requiring holding onto him for 4-6 weeks, I would, and I rarely do that for most players.

Edited by Robrain
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Someone in my friends-and-family league dropped him last week after the injury news and I scooped him right up.  I actually threw him out there this past weekend over Josh Gordon solely because of his TD upside potential.  I mean, he scored double-digit TDs last season, and now they've lost Hunter Henry?  Rivers has a history of throwing TDs to large outside receivers (Vincent Jackson / Malcom Floyd), so this is a very very ideal situation for Mike Williams.  Even if it were an MCL sprain requiring holding onto him for 4-6 weeks, I would, and I rarely do that for most players.

Yes situation is ideal, but we can’t expect DD touchdowns and Henry doesn’t look like it’s season ending. MWill was hurt all of 2017, so does have some history. Holding 4-6 seems unrealistic if he cant suit up.

He dropped a TD in the first half.  Definitely encouraged by the knee seemingly being fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mjb said:

Yes situation is ideal, but we can’t expect DD touchdowns and Henry doesn’t look like it’s season ending. MWill was hurt all of 2017, so does have some history. Holding 4-6 seems unrealistic if he cant suit up.

I don't see why we can't expect that same DD TD upside on a per-game basis once he's back to full health.

Who else in Rivers offense is he realistically competing with for receiving TDs?

And obviously each injury is unique, but my dad had a tibea plateau fracture on his knee, and it came with ligament damage too.  That had him laid up for months.  4-6 weeks seems entirely too optimistic from my experience.  I'd say they'd be lucky to have him (Hunter Henry) back for the last few weeks of the season.

Edited by Robrain
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 11:14 PM, Robrain said:

I don't see why we can't expect that same DD TD upside on a per-game basis once he's back to full health.

Who else in Rivers offense is he realistically competing with for receiving TDs?

And obviously each injury is unique, but my dad had a tibea plateau fracture on his knee, and it came with ligament damage too.  That had him laid up for months.  4-6 weeks seems entirely too optimistic from my experience.  I'd say they'd be lucky to have him (Hunter Henry) back for the last few weeks of the season.

Right, because the recovery time needed for your dad in comparison to a professional NFL athlete would of course be the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Right, because the recovery time needed for your dad in comparison to a professional NFL athlete would of course be the same.

Bone-healing rate isn't any different between athletes v non-athletes.

Interestingly HH was still able to weight-bear on his TP fracture, which probably means it didn't involve the articular surface and might have needed either a very small procedure or conservative management, hence the 4-6 week timeline. The nasty ones that wipe out the knee cartilage are absolutely a 6+ month injury.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 3:38 PM, CharlesCC2 said:

Yeah, no idea how he's feeling now but its good that he felt well enough during the game to attempt and make this catch:

Such a sick catch. Why doesn’t this guy get targeted more?

Rivers has a hard on for Keenan and typically throws to him in double coverage.. hence the game closing int.

i hope rivers watches some tape and realizes he also has Mike Williams, dude should easily be getting 7+ targets a game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, jsch08 said:

Such a sick catch. Why doesn’t this guy get targeted more?

Philly Rivers loves Keenan.

6 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

Rivers has a hard on for Keenan and typically throws to him in double coverage.. hence the game closing int.

i hope rivers watches some tape and realizes he also has Mike Williams, dude should easily be getting 7+ targets a game.

Rivers is annoying, thats why he cant win the big games.  Spreading the ball is a concept he doesn't understand.

17 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Bones don't magically heal faster, and ligament damage is ligament damage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robrain said:

Bones don't magically heal faster, and ligament damage is ligament damage.

Yes, ligament damage is certainly ligament damage. Thank you.

27 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Yes, ligament damage is certainly ligament damage. Thank you.

"Tibial plateau fractures may be associated with injury to nearby structures including vasculature, nerves, ligaments, menisci, and adjacent compartments. While minimal tibial plateau fractures with no associated injuries can be safely managed non-operatively, typically this injury requires orthopedic consultation and operative management."

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK470593/

Edited by Robrain
  • Haha 1

This guy is super talented but he’s not part of the offense. It’s the Ekeler and Allen show.

Dont know what to do with him. I really tought without tyrell williams this guy was gonna blow. Im riding him as my wr2 but not happy at all

is he a hold ? Bye weeks are coming and i’ll probably have to cut someone between him, scary terry, mecole hardman or golden tate

I dunno what to do with him either.  If he couldn't blow up yesterday, then I don't know if he ever will.

I would probably start him this week against Miami though.  If he stinks then he's officially a bust.