Sign in to follow this  
gufomel

QBs to target in 2 QB leagues?

Posted (edited)

It’s looking like this will be my first year playing in a 2 QB league. I’m typically on the late round / weekly streamer train at QB, so trying to explore my strategy in a 2 QB league. 

It’s going to be re-draft, 10-12 teams, half-PPR, and 2 QBs but otherwise fairly normal rosters/scoring. 

What’s your strategy and what specific QBs are you targeting this year? I know you have to ultimately adjust on the fly based on how the actual draft is playing out, but what is your goal going into the draft?

Do you try to grab a top QB in one of the 1st 1-3 rounds (Mahomes, Luck, Rodgers, Watson, Mayfield)?

Do you take early-mid round upside risk on a guy like Winston?

Mid round established vets like Rivers?

Mid-later round upside picks like Allen, Darnold, Lamar?

Edited by gufomel

Posted (edited)

In a 12 team 2QB league where a number of managers grab a backup early, you will quickly run out of options. Definitely this is something you have to manage throughout the year too.

Mahomes/Watson/Rodgers could easily be first round; you will have to monitor how the second round of QBs is going to avoid being stranded with Daniel Jones. But Brady for instance goes around the qb25 mark, so there is still value there.

In later rounds you may want to target some backups, or even "handcuff" your #1 QB. You will need definitely 3 QBs on your roster, but more is possible too.

Almost all your suggestions make sense. Yes, get a high value QB early, but don't neglect the RB position. Yes get a second QB with upside somewhat early, but don't forget WR/TE.

There are some specific 2QB mock draft sites, so use them too, eg https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mock-draft/results/format/2qb/teams/all.

Good luck!

Edited by Boudewijn

I think it's important if it is 10 or 12 teams.

Target those two elite QB's super early and don't miss out.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:19 PM, dmb3684 said:

I think it's important if it is 10 or 12 teams.

It’s more likely that it’s 10 teams

10 minutes ago, gufomel said:

It’s more likely that it’s 10 teams

Id try to get one of the good guys then wait till late for a 2nd

Posted (edited)

Stafford/Darnald are two of the last QBs off the board. They'd both be fine as QB2 IMO.

Edited by dmb3684