Sign in to follow this  
DarinB300

Buttrey or Jeffress ros?? whir

Team in sig. Which RP do you like ros & which one gas more value now? Looking at packaging 1 & a SP for either another SP or better RP. Thanks in advance!

I got Buttrey, Will have better numbers and as far as saves, I still like him no matter what some say

• Thanks 1

Buttrey, has Jefress and dropped him. Below is way down and I can’t see Allen holding the fort when he comes back from IL

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Depends if your talking ratios or saves. I think Jeffress will earn more saves as the brewers eventually want to work him into that role, where as Buttrey is the angels fire man and will have better ratios in my opinion. 

Edited by Ry34No
  • Thanks 1

Buttrey no close for me honestly. He is just better I truly feel he is gonna get saves. Might be a touch less the Jeffres but I still like Buttrey.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ry34No said:

Depends if your talking ratios or saves. I think Jeffress will earn more saves as the brewers eventually want to work him into that role, where as Buttrey is the angels fire man and will have better ratios in my opinion. 

Pts league: W/L/S, K's, ER, Hits, BB, HBP, IP

I have both and I prefer Buttrey as there is less competition (Robles? Lol) vs Jeffress who has Hader 

thanks for your feedback on my offer!

• Thanks 1

As an Angel’s fan, Buttrey is the best arm in that pen. I do think Cody Allen gets another chance at the ninth especially since this Angels team isn’t going anywhere.  However his velocity has been down and I just don’t see him he effective. What I do feel could be a problem for Buttrey is the return of Middleton this season as he could be the true closer and then Buttrey as the fireman. 

As for Jeffress, his velocity has been improving as he’s regaining strength. But Hader has been solid in late innings and I honestly see him continuing to get those chances until he falters, putting Jeffress in the 6-8 role. 

I would lean on Buttrey simply because he’s already been used in save situations and does t have someone of shaders caliber to compete with. 

• Thanks 1