Sign in to follow this  
paper_boi

First Dynasty Offseason -- Trade for #2 Overall Rookie Pick?

Hey everyone. This is my first offseason in our dynasty league, and the guy with the #2 overall pick in the rookie draft offered it up to me, and I’d like to get it. I opened by offering "Chris Carson + Something else) for it, but not sure and figured I’d ask. I also have the #6 overall pick in the rookie draft. Not sure where this team stands right now, so let me know what you think either way. This is my roster, below:

QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: David Johnson
RB: Kenyan Drake
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Corey Davis
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Chris Carson
FLEX: Devin Funchess
😧 Patriots
K: Matt Bryant

BN: Ronald Jones
BN: Eli McGuire
BN: Mike Davis
BN: Equanamius St. Brown
BN: Josh Adams
BN: Quincy Enunwa
BN: Josh Reynolds
BN: John Brown
BN: Gerald Everett
BN: Mitchell Trubisky
BN: Teddy Bridgewater
IR: Jordan Reed
IR: Jonnu Smith (both just sitting in these slots from last year. i’ll have to make cuts)

I'd keep Carson and 1.06. 

2 hours ago, paper_boi said:

Not sure where this team stands right now, so let me know what you think either way. 

1) I think your team should be pretty stacked. Is this 10 or 12 team?

2) I think Carson is in a fantastic position for next season; #2 in the rookie draft is good of course, but who would you pick, assuming that Josh Jacobs would be #1? 

3) do you know what he needs? Why is he offering the #2 pick?

I think there won't be a huge benefit in giving up Carson (except of course that Carson could get injured between now and your draft). Definitely don't offer more.

You're not that deep on RB anyway, so if you trade, I'd prefer to give up a WR.

Stick with Carson and the pick. 

I think I Carson and your 1st for his 1st would be a fair deal personally. I’m worried about Carson’s long term outlook as he has Penny whom the Seahawks did spend high draft capital on. Maybe see if you can get his 2nd or 3rd round pick as well. It really depends on if you think whomever it is at #2 will outperform Carson in the long run. Do you have an idea who the owner with pick 1 is leaning towards? 

58 minutes ago, GreatScott! said:

I think I Carson and your 1st for his 1st would be a fair deal personally. I’m worried about Carson’s long term outlook as he has Penny whom the Seahawks did spend high draft capital on. Maybe see if you can get his 2nd or 3rd round pick as well. It really depends on if you think whomever it is at #2 will outperform Carson in the long run. Do you have an idea who the owner with pick 1 is leaning towards? 

Unfortunately the person picking #1 is a complete taco/wild card that most of the rest of the league doesn't even really know (he's a co-worker of the commissioner). But don't we figure that Jacobs/Montgomery/Harry/Campbell is generally speaking the top four? Or no?

7 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

It doesnt seem worth giving up Carson to move up 4 spots for me, this season.

• Like 1

If you were moving to 1.01 and a shot at Jacobs, that'd be one thing. But like dmb said, moving up four spots (and NOT to #1) doesn't seem worthwhile. 

I wouldnt bother with this draft class. Just see what falls