Gile Pile

Bold Predictions for the 2019-2020 Season

25 minutes ago, justaguy said:

4.) Hawks make the playoffs

Wow. That is booooold.

3 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

Wow. That is booooold.

If you want to disagree, outline your rebuttal and move on. No reason to be weak about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

Wow. That is booooold.

Exactly. Check title of the thread 😁

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Markelle Fultz struggles with shot, diagnosed with alien hand syndrome.  Out for the season.

Lol 😂 alien hand.  The thing about that prediction is there’s no evidence to suggest Fultz will even be ready by training camp.  He might miss most of the season without even incurring a new injury, though that doesn’t discount the possibility that aliens have abducted his hands and replaced them with low quality prosthetics. 

On 7/24/2019 at 11:12 AM, StifleTower2 said:

Lol 😂 alien hand.  The thing about that prediction is there’s no evidence to suggest Fultz will even be ready by training camp.  He might miss most of the season without even incurring a new injury, though that doesn’t discount the possibility that aliens have abducted his hands and replaced them with low quality prosthetics. 

A "new" injury? What was the old one?

RW stops suddenly the hype machine (number 3, i think) for Isaac before the opening night and declares that he is not top 100 talent in fantasy for Roto leagues.

• Haha 1

Jazz versus clippers WCF: LouWill averages 20+ off the bench and is the X factor in every series the clippers play.  

• Like 1

John Collins finishes top 30

Julius Randle finishes top 30

Trae Young outranks Jamal Murray

Kemba Walker out performs Kyrie Irving

Jimmy Butler scores 25 a game

Gallo finishes ahead of Siakam in per game.  

OKC has a good backcourt if CP3 can stay healthy and Adams is solid in the middle.  But they have few pure scorers.  Don't laugh but Gallo is basically unstoppable offensively when healthy.  He's too big for small wings to cover him and when a bigger forward guards him he can usually roll past him.  You can't foul him bc he's top 3 for positive FT% impact.  A huge threat from deep. He and Siakam will probably be similar in points, rebs, assists.  Neither of them are big stock producers.  Gallo gets twice as many threes.  His FT% impact is more valuable than Siakam's positive FG% impact, particularly if the latter dips.  Gallo is elite in low TO/usage ration.

Maybe 25/7/3 with 3 threes; 47/90 with 1.5 TO.  Those are top 20 numbers.  Without Tobias, he finished last season at 19th last two months, and his usage could be even higher in OKC.

There's a risk Gallo gets flipped or injured so don't bring that up...it's not a draft order...but I think he will have his best season on a per game basis.    

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

OKC has a good backcourt if CP3 can stay healthy and Adams is solid in the middle.  But they have few pure scorers.  Don't laugh but Gallo is basically unstoppable offensively when healthy.  He's too big for small wings to cover him and when a bigger forward guards him he can usually roll past him.  You can't foul him bc he's top 3 for positive FT% impact.  A huge threat from deep. He and Siakam will probably be similar in points, rebs, assists.  Neither of them are big stock producers.  Gallo gets twice as many threes.  His FT% impact is more valuable than Siakam's positive FG% impact, particularly if the latter dips.  Gallo is elite in low TO/usage ration.

Maybe 25/7/3 with 3 threes; 47/90 with 1.5 TO.  Those are top 20 numbers.  Without Tobias, he finished last season at 19th last two months, and his usage could be even higher in OKC.

There's a risk Gallo gets flipped or injured so don't bring that up...it's not a draft order...but I think he will have his best season on a per game basis.    

what's his contract situation?

5 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

what's his contract situation?

Contract year.  Last year of 3 yr/64M contract.  UFA next year.

• Like 1

John Collins finishes the season in the top 25.

Draymond Green averages more than 10 points (a stretch, I know).

Steph makes 5.5 3PM a game.

10 minutes ago, joey2506 said:

John Collins finishes the season in the top 25.

Draymond Green averages more than 10 points (a stretch, I know).

Steph makes 5.5 3PM a game.

I’ll take the over on two of these. 

Ante Zizic goes for 16 and 8 with 1 BLK per game. I drafted him in a Dynasty League so I need him to do well THIS season. My Centers are weak. I don't know why I drafted this bum.

Cleveland trades Love and/or Tristan Thompson.........Love gets traded to a contender and regains his Minnesota T'Wolves scoring pace....Or close to it. Like 20-22 PPG.

Cleveland-Charlotte-Washington combine for 60 wins. That would be 186 losses......Pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

Nance is the highest ranked player in Cleveland by a HUGE margin.

You’ll have to specify per game or totals and whether playing 25 games counts.  Love could be top 35 value per game for 25 games and either get injured or traded.  Nance is a near lock 50-75 imo.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:00 AM, StifleTower2 said:

This would be awesome, I'm hoping for a big season from Gallo too.  I would gladly take 50-60 games from him in roto and probably be pretty happy with that.  

• Like 1

My man Mitch plays over 28 min / night, takes the over on 4 stocks / game, finishes #10 overall, vaulting me to win 2 dynasty and 1 keeper leagues.   

Some not so bold - 

Trae is top 10 in totals.  

DJ Augustin returns top 100 value in total value for roto...again. He was 91 last year.  Fultz comes back at some point and is dope but let's be real - he's not taking over the starting spot from DJ for a team trying to make the playoffs.  

PJ Tucker plays 37 min / night and finishes top 50 in totals for roto...again.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

My man Mitch plays over 28 min / night, takes the over on 4 stocks / game, finishes #10 overall, vaulting me to win 2 dynasty and 1 keeper leagues.   

Some not so bold - 

Trae is top 10 in totals.  

DJ Augustin returns top 100 value in total value for roto...again. He was 91 last year.  Fultz comes back at some point and is dope but let's be real - he's not taking over the starting spot from DJ for a team trying to make the playoffs.  

PJ Tucker plays 37 min / night and finishes top 50 in totals for roto...again.  

I think MitchRob can get those minutes and stocks.  The problem is that even so I don't think he can crack top 15 like he did the last two months.  That 15th valuation last month of the season was also helped by .06 TO and almost 70% FG.  If he plays more minutes that likely means more TO.  I'd wager that abnormally high FG and low TO are outliers and he will finish around 60-65% and 1+ TO.  Seems petty but that's 10 spots of value.  I think he can finish top 25 though.

What punt filter are you using for Trae?  He finished 19th in totals with punt FG/TO filters and with a little improvement I can see him top 10 given those filters.  Or perhaps in 8 cat.  In 9 cat without punt filters...hell nah.

I know it's bold predictions so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 10:44 AM, StifleTower2 said:

I think MitchRob can get those minutes and stocks.  The problem is that even so I don't think he can crack top 15 like he did the last two months.  That 15th valuation last month of the season was also helped by .06 TO and almost 70% FG.  If he plays more minutes that likely means more TO.  I'd wager that abnormally high FG and low TO are outliers and he will finish around 60-65% and 1+ TO.  Seems petty but that's 10 spots of value.  I think he can finish top 25 though.

What punt filter are you using for Trae?  He finished 19th in totals with punt FG/TO filters and with a little improvement I can see him top 10 given those filters.  Or perhaps in 8 cat.  In 9 cat without punt filters...hell nah.

I know it's bold predictions so take it with a grain of salt.

It's those little nudges in stats that are often overlooked.  60-65% seems about right, if he's just dunking everything I could see something above 65% (unlikely).... I know its a stretch, hoping for a lot of RJ / Knox combined 35% FG missed shots (about 17-23 misses / game) and Mitch just crashing the boards with ferocious put back dunks.  I am obviously not worried about the other 5 PF/C on the Knicks nor his playing time.  I do need to stop drafting him in case he gets injured or has a bad year lol   

Jokic gets his s--- together and finally averages one block per game on his way to an MVP and #1 seed

Mitch averages 4 blocks 1.5 stls and hits a three