Gile Pile

Bold Predictions for the 2019-2020 Season

Atl - Huerter breaks out and averages 17ppg with 2.5 3pm and solid all around production. John Collins will once again struggle to duplicate his rookie block numbers, and as a result underperforms his ADP.

Bkn - Caris Levert will win or at least be top 3 MIP candidate, make the All Star team with Kyrie Irving to represent the Nets.

Bos - Gordon Hayward finally becomes useful for Celtics

Cha - Terry Rozier will have a top 50 year. FG% will hover around .410 but counting stats are there. Think of a better Rafer Alston during his years with the Raptors. Miles Bridges will have a 1/1/1 season.

Chi - Coby White struggles. WCJ breaks out.

Cle - Sexton will suck, and Garland will become face of the franchise.

Dal - KP will not play in any B2Bs. Brunson will be better than Wright

Den - Jamaal Murray struggles to justify his ADP because of lack of stocks.

Det - D.Rose plays better than Reggie Jackson, and Reggie Jackson gets traded, making Rose the starter by ASB

Gsw - Draymond Green will have a top 20 season

Hou - RWB and Harden will co exist just fine.

Ind - TJ Warren will average 20ppg. Oladipo struggles when he returns.

LAC - Kawhi and PG13 will be headache to own all year. Both getting random DNPs.

LAL - Anthony Davis will once again reclaim his throne as top fantasy player. Become best player in LAL too.

Mia - Bam will be underwhelming. Gets 30mpg but averaging only a little over 1 bpg. jimmy Butler behaves

Mem- JV will have a top 50 season. JJJ will be among MIP candidates and have a top 25 season. Ja Morant struggles with poor FG and high TO.

Mil - Wesley Matthews will have a good year starting at SG. JJ reddick type of year

Min - Okogie will outperform Culver and Wiggins. Will get 28mpg and average 1.8spg and close to 1.0bpg.

NOP - Lonzo Ball redeeems himself. Jrue is traded by the trade deadline along with Reddick, maybe Favors too. Making NAW a post ASB waiver wire pick up of the year candidate. Zion will be a bust and fail to post top 100 value, struggle in FT%. 

NYK - DSJ will finally put together a decent year.

OKC - Shai will have a so so year even if Thunder manages to unload Chris Paul.

Phi - Simmons finally makes a 3! Embiid gets Kawhi Load Management treatment, making Al Horford valuable.

Pho - Ayton will average 20/12. Mikal Bridges is a sleeper who will post top 75 value and you can draft him in last few rounds of the draft. Devin Booker demands a trade.

Por - Zach Collins will play more than Whiteside. Making whiteside frustrated again.

Sac - Fox flirts becoming an All Star. Harry Giles becomes a factor late in the season. Bogdanovic competes for 6moy award

SAS - Murray and white will split minutes at PG making both not rosterable in standard leagues.

Tor - Siakam will not have big improvement as many are projecting, but still be a solid player

Uta - Mitchell becomes top 20 player in fantasy

Was - Hachimura will be in the running for ROY award

Edited by a-rob
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I don't like Toronto prediction.  Making all star roster will be improvement for Siakam

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

I don't like Toronto prediction.  Making all star roster will be improvement for Siakam

I like Siakam he was part of the team where I won fantasy championship a year ago I scooped him up in waiver wire in week 1 and never looked back. Raptors fans are going for bold predictions that Siakam will be contender for MVP average 23 25 ppg, I don't see that happening. Siakam is being drafted too high, even if he can up his points to 22ppg, he doesn't contribute much else in other counting stats. For roto he is nice, but I play H2H in H2H, the small jump in points is meh

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I liked most of those so I’ll give you a thumbs up but I won’t respond to all thirty 😂

What happened to the confused "wtf " looking react you could give ? 

I miss that 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Quazza said:

What happened to the confused "wtf " looking react you could give ? 

I miss that 

Me too.  I think people abused it or there were reports of abuse but idk.

• Thanks 1

Markelle Fultz return top-120  total value making him relevant in standard 12 teams leagues

I predict that I'll have 5 all stars or more in a 16 team league, but still have a losing record because I don't understand how to balance category production.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I predict that I'll have 5 all stars or more in a 16 team league, but still have a losing record because I don't understand how to balance category production.

Atleast you’ll win the all star cat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

wiggins and ingram will be on the most winning teams.:ph34r:

shai will kill his pre draft adp

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

wiggins and ingram will be on the most winning teams.:ph34r:

shai will kill his pre draft adp

I'm not sure about Wiggins. He would be more of an obstacle -- how to win with Wiggins on my team?

My bold prediction: Ingram will break out to be a 1/1/1 player. He will be top 80.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, gooseball said:

I'm not sure about Wiggins. He would be more of an obstacle -- how to win with Wiggins on my team?

My bold prediction: Ingram will break out to be a 1/1/1 player. He will be top 80.

wiggins % never really bother or hurt me but I usually am punting ft% and on account of that my fg% is always solid. I still will take him around 100 if I need pts, 3s, and some stocks. he could very easily shoot 45%. pretty sure that's what he avg his first 3 years in the league. I also hate the sf position so theres that 2.

ingram going to blow up.

Edited by colepenhagen

Dennis Schroeder will go back to how he was in Atlanta after Chris Paul inevitably breaks his leg. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, perkinsfor3 said:

Tor - Davis wins starting SG role. 

This is maybe not an extreme bold prediction, but Matisse Thybulle starting over Tobias Harris at SF, maybe? This will give their bench more firepower knowing what Tobias can do on both ends which is a lot of scoring and grabbing decent amount of rebs. Tobias will still get the large chunk of minutes, but it'll be split up between Matisse and Al Horford giving Matisse atleast 25-28 minutes just enough to be relevant in fantasy. I think this guy will have a major impact defensively for a very long time.

The next Shawn Marion, now that's extremely bold.

Edited by MysticPeak
  • Like 1

De’Aaron Fox will finish higher than both CP3 and Donovan Mitchell.

Trae Young will finish higher than Jrue Holiday.

Micheal Porter Jr will be in contention for Rookie of the Year.

Golden State Warriors will finish as a 6th seed.

Curry will not finish in the Top 3.

4 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

This is maybe not an extreme bold prediction, but Matisse Thybulle starting over Tobias Harris at SF, maybe? This will give their bench more firepower knowing what Tobias can do on both ends which is a lot of scoring and grabbing decent amount of rebs. Tobias will still get the large chunk of minutes, but it'll be split up between Matisse and Al Horford giving Matisse atleast 25-28 minutes just enough to be relevant in fantasy. I think this guy will have a major impact defensively for a very long time.

The next Shawn Marion, now that's extremely bold.

You really want to not shoot threes?

2 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

You really want to not shoot threes?

He's your typical 3 and D player, where does it say he's allergic to threes?

6 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

He's your typical 3 and D player, where does it say he's allergic to threes?

He's not been very consistent in college. If he adds consistency in the NBA, he's great (so far, he's looked good). But you can't fully rely on a rookie to bring that if you're planning to compete for the title. You need more security. Tobias Harris is something that team really needs, especially with JJ gone. It's also a reason Mike Scott will play a decent amount of minutes.