Gile Pile

Bold Predictions for the 2019-2020 Season

it is bold for sure. Chances of this being true at the end of season are the same as me becoming next US president (I am Canadian)

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

This is maybe not an extreme bold prediction, but Matisse Thybulle starting over Tobias Harris at SF, maybe? This will give their bench more firepower knowing what Tobias can do on both ends which is a lot of scoring and grabbing decent amount of rebs. Tobias will still get the large chunk of minutes, but it'll be split up between Matisse and Al Horford giving Matisse atleast 25-28 minutes just enough to be relevant in fantasy. I think this guy will have a major impact defensively for a very long time.

The next Shawn Marion, now that's extremely bold.

I actually think the reasoning for Thybulle starting makes sense. The 76ers could use Harris as a scorer off the bench early in the game to counteract their lack of depth. BUT, I think they still play Harris a lot more than Thybulle and that Harris plays a lot with the starters too. Thybulle hitting 25-28 minutes seems unlikely, but I don't see anyone on their bench that is definitely ahead of Thybulle in the rotation if he plays well.

Edited by tdye
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tdye said:

I actually think the reasoning for Thybulle starting makes sense. The 76ers could use Harris as a scorer off the bench early in the game to counteract their lack of depth. BUT, I think they still play Harris a lot more than Thybulle and that Harris plays a lot with the starters too. Thybulle hitting 25-28 minutes seems unlikely, but I don't see anyone on their bench that is definitely ahead of Thybulle in the rotation if he plays well.

They're going to stagger their stars like any other team, but to expect anyone besides Embiid, Simmons, JRich, Horford, and Harris to get even noticeable usage doesn't make sense outside of injury.  The only saving grace is they're notably a fast-paced, transition friendly team.  If you read the press from Brown and the Sixers, they love his defense and want it to be a staple of their second team.  I don't see him going anywhere else, at least this year.    

Why would he miss half the season? It’s just a couple weeks...

11 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Why would he miss half the season? It’s just a couple weeks...

because it’s a BOLD prediction thread....right? RIGHT??

Edited by The_Real_Deal
  • Like 1

On this episode of predicting s--- that most likely won't happen: Landry Shamet is a top 100 player by seasons end.

6 hours ago, Spyplane said:

On this episode of predicting s--- that most likely won't happen: Landry Shamet is a top 100 player by seasons end.

I'll see that bold and raise you.  Jerome Robinson takes Shamet's starting spot in the rotation and ranks a blistering 167 overall.

• Like 1

The Lakers do not finish as a Top-4 team...in the West.

7 hours ago, theDFSpost said:

I don't necessarily have bold predictions but I do have questions. How will Siakam, Simmons, Porzingis, Russel, DMurray, LeVert and Kuzma handle their new roles?

http://dfspost.com/fantasy-basketball-x-factors/

"I don't necessarily have bold predictions but I do have unrelated spam."

• Haha 4

blazer make some mid season trade and go on to win nba title this year.

• Like 1

Let's see:

1. T Young will be the ast. leader. and Atlanta easily make the playoff with 42-40.

2. Doncic will produce 21 triple d.

3.D Booker will produce 29.2 pts and win scoring cat. in the league.

4.Orlando and Miami will win the home court positions at East. ( so 1-4. )

5. Chi will make the playoff, White as ROY, Lauri as MIP.

6. Cp3 will win MVP title after lead Okc to the top 4 at West.

7. Super Mario will make a 5x5 game.

8. T. Bryant will finish  higher on ranks than hyped centers like Ayton-Mich Rob and J Collins.

9. Bruno Caboclo as WW pick up of the year.

10. ūüėā Morey will say/tweet about Tibet's freedom.

Edited by Zsocca
  • Like 1

-brandon ingram finishes top 40

-kawhi leonard plays 70+ games 

-KAT ends up the 1st overall player 

-kyrie irving leads the league in scoring 

-lonzo ball leads the league in assists 

-andrew wiggins is back to his 23 ppg days 

-collin sexton makes the all-star team 

-aaron gordon wins most improved 

-rj barret wins rookie of the year (zion misses too many games) 

-deandre jordan back to his clipper numbers 

-taurean prince averages 20 ppg 

-demar derozan average 1.5 threes made per game 

• Thanks 1

Not handling the ball as much, Russell Westbrook finishes as the #1 player when he increases his FG% and decreases his turnovers significantly.  His cumulative stats take a marginal hit, but more than offset by his efficiency.

40 minutes ago, lvlelvlo said:

Norman powell wins MIP, averaging 18/4/3 with 2 steals

As a Raptors fan  I would love to see this  happens (it won't, he is not that good)

• Like 1

1)    Zach Lavine finishes top 15 in 9 Cat roto averaging 30ppg-5rpg-5apg-2.5 3pg-1 steal-46%fgs-85% fts leading the Bulls to the playoffs
2)    Mike Conley sees a 20% drop in all counting stats struggling to finish with top 75 value. 
3)    Kemba Walker doesn’t finish top 40 and averages 21ppg-3rpg-5apg
4)    Ricky Rubio powers the Suns to 35+ wins and finishes top 2 in the league in Ast per game with close to 9 asst per game. 
5)    Luka Doncic averages 27ppg-6rpg-7apg with 45% Fgs, 77% Fts and finishes top 12
6)    Nikola Jokic is the first round bust of the year and averages 17ppg-9rpg-6.5 apg finishing out of the top 24 on per game value. 
7)    Zion Williamson plays under 30 games on the season
8) Brandon Ingram wins most improved player leading the pelicans to the playoffs averaging 23ppg-8rpg-4apg on improved efficiency 
9)    The Clippers disappoint during the regular season and finish outside the top 4 in the West largely from Paul George missing 30 games. 
10)   Trae Young leads the league in asst becoming the first person to average over 12 assists per game since John Stockton lead the league in 94/95. 
11)   IT2 rekindles the magic for 40+ games flirting with 20ppg until he’s traded away at the deadline. 
12)   Khris Middelton averages a career high 23ppg-6 rpg-5apg finishing top 30. 

Edited by Code of Hammurabi
  • Like 1

Darko Milicic comes back and tears the League up. ūüėā