Lars

Trade A. Jones vs ARob + Picks

Hey guys,

I got offered Allen Robinson and a 4th, 5th, 6th & 8th Rd Rookie Draft Pick for my Aaron Jones.

We’re playing in a Dynasty league, starting 2 RB/3 WR/1 Flex. RBs score more points than WRs (ARob Avg 16 pts, Jones Avg 26 pts).

My other RBs are DJ, L. Miller, R. Freeman, L. McCoy.

Other WRs are Cooks, Thielen, Shepard, Washington, T. Williams, M. Sanu, J. Ross.

I have the 1.04 Pick in this years Rookie Draft and might draft a RB (Montgomery, Sanders) or trying to trade down and take WR.

As I have more depth at WR I‘d prefer keeping Jones but those picks equal the trade out and I really can’t decide and need help!

It looks to me like your team is fairly competitive (12 team?). No clear championship candidate, but also not a bottom feeder, so I'm going to assume you're not in rebuild mode.

In that case, I keep Jones, and I would use the 1.04 pick to draft a promising WR.

What in the hell is left in round 8 of a rookie draft? Do you play IDPs??

11 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

It looks to me like your team is fairly competitive (12 team?). No clear championship candidate, but also not a bottom feeder, so I'm going to assume you're not in rebuild mode.

In that case, I keep Jones, and I would use the 1.04 pick to draft a promising WR.

Thank you for your reply. And appreciate your views on my team. Just took over the team a few weeks ago and it was kinda a rebuild team but after a few trades it looks like a solid team by now IMO. 

At 1.04 Harry probably won’t be available, would you still recommend taking a WR (Campbell, Brown, Metcalf) instead of Sanders or Montgomery? Or trading down to take a WR or TE (big need of mine) at the end of the first round?

9 hours ago, youngrice said:

Pass.  Losing Jones hurts your RB's to much.

Thanks for your opinion!

4 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

What in the hell is left in round 8 of a rookie draft? Do you play IDPs??

Yes we play IDPs, should have said that. So even in the 8th Rd I can get a solid lottery ticket player 😉

11 minutes ago, Lars said:

Thank you for your reply. And appreciate your views on my team. Just took over the team a few weeks ago and it was kinda a rebuild team but after a few trades it looks like a solid team by now IMO. 

At 1.04 Harry probably won’t be available, would you still recommend taking a WR (Campbell, Brown, Metcalf) instead of Sanders or Montgomery? Or trading down to take a WR or TE (big need of mine) at the end of the first round?

Thanks for your opinion!

Yes we play IDPs, should have said that. So even in the 8th Rd I can get a solid lottery ticket player 😉

Ok that makes sense.

I wouldn't do that trade. You could probably trade jones straight up for a better piece than that.

as for the rookie pick I'd go with Jacobs/Montgomery/sanders/Henderson/Harry as my top picks. Might even swap Jacobs with Montgomery. I just think RBs hold more value

Does your league trade often or are they stingey?

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I wouldn't do that trade. You could probably trade jones straight up for a better piece than that.

Okay good. That supports my opinion now, as I’m also leaning towards keeping Jones (although uncertainty about workhorse role/J. Williams around there). 

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

as for the rookie pick I'd go with Jacobs/Montgomery/sanders/Henderson/Harry as my top picks. Might even swap Jacobs with Montgomery. I just think RBs hold more value

Does your league trade often or are they stingey?

Surprised to see Henderson that high, really expecting Gurley’s career to end? :D 

They trade often, but good offers are hard to get, probably won’t get anything better for Jones. But keeping him is fine with me too.

3 minutes ago, Lars said:

Okay good. That supports my opinion now, as I’m also leaning towards keeping Jones (although uncertainty about workhorse role/J. Williams around there). 

Surprised to see Henderson that high, really expecting Gurley’s career to end? :D 

They trade often, but good offers are hard to get, probably won’t get anything better for Jones. But keeping him is fine with me too.

I think there is more to his knee but seeing CJA walk in and dominate, I can see Rams easing his workload and Henderson is a great player, I wanted to see him on the bears.

Keep Jones you would take a hit at RB