Boudewijn

Mark Andrews 2019 Outlook

41 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Serviceable but will never be a George Kittle

You're right. He's outscored George Kittle this season.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

So you expect half his catches to be 50 yard bombs or a TD?

I don't think anyone in fantasy actually forecasts the actual play calling. We usually stick to targets and target share, quality of targets and see what the outcomes are. 🤣

if you drafted Andrews you pretty much calculated he would not be a high volume player on  a run first team but what you did calculate was that he would get a decent market share of targets in key situations.

Which has been accurate the entire season thus far

The ravens target distribution is TE 45% WR 43% rb 11% which makes the #1 in TE targets

They fluctuate between #31-32 in passing attempts

Andrews is the #4 Te in total targets

Andrews is #1 in targets and target share on the Ravens with 70 . marquise is #2 with 51.

So I'm really trying to comprehend the purpose of your point of stating Andrews had 4 targets, when he still led the team in targets and target share. Did you want to point out that it was below his average of 7 targets which makes sensebecause the game was over in the 1st qtr and no need to pass the ball? 

Do you realize you used a number completely out of context with no point of reference aside from your personal bias? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

via PFF

George Kittle is averaging 2.96 yards per route run, which would rank best by any tight end this past decade. Mark Andrews’ 2.71 and Darren Waller’s 2.37 would also rank top-10.

In 2018, Andrews averaged 2.01 yards per route run, which was the most by any rookie tight end in PFF history (2007-2019). In 2017 (his final year of college), Andrews averaged 2.63 yards per route run, which ranks second-best in PFF college history (2014-2019). So, maybe it shouldn’t be much of a surprise he ranks so highly on this list. As the No. 1 receiver on the league’s most-potent offense, Andrews needs to be viewed as an every-week top-five tight end moving forward.

Absolute YEAST.

52 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Are we worried about him against the #1 defense against TEs? Only have allowed 1 TD all season to TEs.

yes. think he'll be required to block more than participate in the passing game. so this week, i'm taking him out of my flex. easier for me since i have another solid TE. that said, i couldn't fault anyone for starting him if they didn't have a better option. . .

4 minutes ago, slainte said:

yes. think he'll be required to block more than participate in the passing game. so this week, i'm taking him out of my flex. easier for me since i have another solid TE. that said, i couldn't fault anyone for starting him if they didn't have a better option. . .

Who is your other TE? My other option is Goedert.

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Who is your other TE? My other option is Goedert.

ertz.

i'd roll with andrews if there wasn't a better option on waivers. my 2 cents. . .

Edited by slainte

Just now, slainte said:

ertz. . .

ahhh....Alshon and Nelson are back as well I read. Maybe Goedert is not a good play with all those mouths to feed.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, Greg83 said:

You're right. He's outscored George Kittle this season.

How'd it work out this week for you?

2 hours ago, slainte said:

ertz.

i'd roll with andrews if there wasn't a better option on waivers. my 2 cents. . .

Got Andrews in both my leagues. I also have Henry in one. Hard not to start Henry and will usually flex in Andrews based on matchup. In my other league I’ve left Andrews in all year and I am 11-1. When you look at the TE landscape he is Top 5 play each week just depends on game flow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WaltSopchak said:

When you look at the TE landscape he is Top 5 play each week just depends on game flow.

This is what I don’t understand about this thread. TE is a DISASTER this year. I don’t understand what there is to complain about. You own a top 3-4 scoring TE. Not only that but this dude has been available every week as a starter in your TE position. You either got him for free or very little draft capital. 

Get a grip.

Edited by kidsgotsoul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, kidsgotsoul said:

This is what I don’t understand about this thread. TE is a DISASTER this year. I don’t understand what there is to complain about. You own a top 3-4 scoring TE. Not only that but this dude has been available every week as a starter in your TE position. You either got him for free or very little draft capital. 

Get a grip.

I gotta disagree with this. To me, TE is deeper with more usable options (when healthy) than in years past. Yes, there is inconsistency at times because it’s a volatile position. Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Henry, Waller, Andrews, Engram, Cook, Ebron, & Doyle have all been strong to solid options. Even guys like Dissly (before injury), Gesicki, & Knox have been serviceable in the right matchup. The problem with Andrews is he seems to play less than 50% of the offensive snaps.  I consider anything over 5 from my TE in a .5 PPR as a win anyway

well, depending on ertz’s situation, i may be deploying andrews today...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

I gotta disagree with this. To me, TE is deeper with more usable options (when healthy) than in years past. Yes, there is inconsistency at times because it’s a volatile position. Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Henry, Waller, Andrews, Engram, Cook, Ebron, & Doyle have all been strong to solid options. Even guys like Dissly (before injury), Gesicki, & Knox have been serviceable in the right matchup. The problem with Andrews is he seems to play less than 50% of the offensive snaps.  I consider anything over 5 from my TE in a .5 PPR as a win anyway

You literally couldn’t start Kittle, Henry, Engram, or Cook at certain points this season. Ebron and Dissly are done for the year. That is one of my primary points. Not only does Andrews have the upside to go off any given week but he has been available every single week this year. That is a huge advantage in and of itself.

I think a different take is that many of the TE's u have named have missed games to injury and aside from a couple none have had the ceiling of Andrews.

Also the snaps are not relevant when applied to Andrews because he gets over 20% of the target share in this offense which prefers to run the ball with their QB and 3 rb's. 

So you may think TE is deep for SERVICEABLE ones but it is not deep with TE's getting over 20% target share on the offense and  30pt ceilings. 

Uh...I clearly stated “when healthy”. But hey, read what you wanna read 🤷‍♂️

Uh...I clearly stated “when healthy”. But hey, read what you wanna read 🤷‍♂️

Almost half the TEs you cited as being useful "when healthy" have not been healthy. Meaning the TE position has been shallow. Meaning the position as a whole has been a pain point for most fantasy managers this season. Caveating your point with health just proves what dashoe and I are saying and makes your argument weak. 

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu

On 12/1/2019 at 8:57 AM, lvsaint429 said:

This is a try-hard contrarian take and you've contradicted yourself with your last sentence. The fact that you consider anything over 5 points a win in a .5 PPR league should tell you all you need to know about the TE position this year. You cannot qualify your take with (when healthy) because injuries have played a major role in the position being a barren wasteland this year. 

• Like 1