Boudewijn

Mark Andrews 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, CoffToff10 said:

I'm not sure what even the point is your trying to make. Aside from being terribly obnoxious and pedantic, what are you actually trying to say? 

Speculation does not equal reliability. <- Right there. That's my point. Go ahead and respond to it or move on.

I will respond. I just think you will regret the decision. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

1 hour ago, TLBDS said:

Nailed it. I'm confident Andrews would have taken over eventually even without that injury. He's a great player/leader and has a chip on his shoulder. He has some of that Kittle mojo.

In what way? Andrews looks more like your typical large, bruiser TE. Kittle is much more lean and athletic

2 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

I will respond. I just think you will regret the decision. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

"You know there's more to fantasy than drafting guys and submitting lineups. The people that do those extra things are usually the ones that do well."

Looks like more to me. But thank you for dropping that egg of knowledge on my head. It added a ton of value to the discussion and I'm reconsidering my position on this.

Most of the time, people who do those extra things, rarely regret their decision. 

Ok, so what flex guy are you thinking about pairing with Andrews in a possible trade for another TE ? Just talking football here bro.

Edited by BLINDSIDERS

11 minutes ago, street sharks said:

In what way? Andrews looks more like your typical large, bruiser TE. Kittle is much more lean and athletic

In the way that Andrews is a receiving TE with a knack for YAC, and is also a very good football player with a fiery personality. Agree that their body types lend themselves to different playstyles. Andrews seems somewhere between Kittle and Delanie Walker.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Kittle 6' 4" 249 LBS

Andrews 6'5" 256 LBS

🤯

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Kittle 6' 4" 249 LBS

Andrews 6'5" 256 LBS

🤯

While they might have similar measurable, just watching their tape you can see Andrews moves like a guy who is 6'5" 256, where as Kittle moves like someone smaller

Edited by street sharks

Just now, street sharks said:

While they might have similar measurable, just watching their tape you can see Andrews moves like a guy who is 6'5" 256, where as Kittle moves like someone smaller

Give him time, let the flower blossom. 

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

FWIW I agree with you. Also worth clarifying my original statement - when I said Kittle mojo, I meant mojo. Not playstyle.

Ravens have some creative plays up their sleeve and Mark Andrews is going to be in a lot of them.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Most of the time, people who do those extra things, rarely regret their decision. 

Ok, so what flex guy are you thinking about pairing with Andrews in a possible trade for another TE ? Just talking football here bro.

Looks like I misinterpreted the tone and intention of your earlier comment so please accept my apology for being combative.

The challenge for me is I have little faith in most of these TEs outside of Kelce/Engram/Kittle. Prying one of them away from an owner is unlikely. Flex I'd offer in addition to Andrews would be as high as Tyler Boyd. 

Realistically, an upgrade in my mind would be Jared Cook. In which case Boyd would be too much, possibly would package someone like Sterling Shepard.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoffToff10 said:

The challenge for me is I have little faith in most of these TEs outside of Kelce/Engram/Kittle

Unless you drafted one of these guys or can land one in a trade what else can you do except hope Andrews is the real deal? You'd be selling high I guess but maybe next year his name is on that list too. I'm holding.

55 minutes ago, CoffToff10 said:

Looks like I misinterpreted the tone and intention of your earlier comment so please accept my apology for being combative.

Hey man it's no problem. 

51 minutes ago, fingers said:

Unless you drafted one of these guys or can land one in a trade what else can you do except hope Andrews is the real deal? You'd be selling high I guess but maybe next year his name is on that list too. I'm holding.

I don't disagree with your logic

Basically I booted TE and expected inconsistent and mediocre results from Andrews throughout the year. This insane game against Miami happened to open the season, and he put up 20+ points. So for me, it's a spike in his value that I want to take advantage of. 

I don't know who the Ravens are, I see that dominance mostly being a result of how awful the Dolphins are. Maybe they'll throw to Mark even more against a competitive opponent, though I suspect it'll be less.

Edited by CoffToff10

6 minutes ago, CoffToff10 said:

I don't disagree with your logic

Basically I booted TE and expected inconsistent and mediocre results from Andrews throughout the year. This insane game against Miami happened to open the season, and he put up 20+ points. So for me, it's a spike in his value that I want to take advantage of. 

I don't know who the Ravens are, I see that dominance mostly being a result of how awful the Dolphins are. Maybe they'll throw to Mark even more against a competitive opponent, though I suspect it'll be less.

Obviously comes down to your options. I also punted on the position (not necessarily by choice) and in the only league I care about Andrews is my sole TE. Any of the big 3 TEs are still going to cost draft day value. I have some trade chips but waiting. This Andrews kid could be the real deal

The guys comparing/hoping for Andrews breakout a la Kittle 2018 are correct.

Where do you rank Andrews compared to Hockenson?

33 minutes ago, austin316 said:

The guys comparing/hoping for Andrews breakout a la Kittle 2018 are correct.

Where do you rank Andrews compared to Hockenson?

Hockenson > Andrews. Not sure if you’ve seen his highlights, but they looked as good as any TE I’ve ever seen in my life. I would be surprised if he didn’t lead the team in receiving and finish as a top-5 TE. He truly looked incredible, and I’m an Andrews owner.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 11:06 PM, Breesus said:

If I had to pick a player who could have a Kittle type breakout this year it would this man. 

Drafted him in all leagues. All aboard the train if you still have time 

4 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Hockenson > Andrews. Not sure if you’ve seen his highlights, but they looked as good as any TE I’ve ever seen in my life. I would be surprised if he didn’t lead the team in receiving and finish as a top-5 TE. He truly looked incredible, and I’m an Andrews owner.

Also an Adrews owner here and I totally agree. Hockenson was out there for 70% of snaps and he looked great.

Im trying to trade him only because I have Hockenson and Waller too, but Andrews played less snaps than Boyle and Hurst.  Less snaps in a run first offense is going to be a tough place but he has a lot of value for a late TE. 

3 hours ago, mortman212 said:

Im trying to trade him only because I have Hockenson and Waller too, but Andrews played less snaps than Boyle and Hurst.  Less snaps in a run first offense is going to be a tough place but he has a lot of value for a late TE. 

I share your concerns about the snap share, but the positive is the route run % on drop backs. 

Andrews seems to be their go to guy on passing downs.  Granted they won't likely pass a lot this year with their run heavy style, but the share above and Jackson's short sample size connection with Andrews has me encouraged.  All this being said you have 3 upside talents at TE so you cant go wrong.  Nice trio bud.

[...] Andrews does seem to be Jackson's main target, but the low snap count has me concerned.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

could be low due to blowout, however I scooped him up since I don't trust OJ howard. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brosephd said:

could be low due to blowout, however I scooped him up since I don't trust OJ howard. 

I did the same. Giving OJ Howard some more time, but wanted to have insurance just in case. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

[...] Andrews does seem to be Jackson's main target, but the low snap count has me concerned.

I wouldn't say it was due to a blowout totally (he wasn't pulled, caught a TD from RG3) rather Andrews shines above the other TEs on the roster in the passing game.  He's the worst blocker of the group of tight ends, but the best receiver.  So maybe if they were just lining up in power formations running he wouldn't have been in there.

That said, look at last year's snap counts (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndrMa00/fantasy/2018) Andrews seems to get utilized only on passing downs.  He'll still get numbers at year end, but if you're hoping him to jump into the Ertz / Kittle tier it can be a limiting factor.  As a Ravens fan, love Andrews and what he brings, he looks like an absolute force to bring down.  But his lack of versatility in terms of blocking ability compared to the tight ends behind him will likely limit his time on the field and keep him from being a "league winner" type breakout player.

Edited by Illusion_J
  • Like 1