Stonej14

Ben Roethlisberger 2019 Outlook

As a Steelers fan I really like him this year. I am actually crazy enough to think he will be more successful without Brown. Hear me out....Ben thrives when he can spread the ball around the field which he can do now that Brown isn’t trying to pad stats.  He has solid weapons around him, not to mention one of the top o-lines in the league.  I expect a lot of quick throws which I believe he led the league with last year. I also expect those 16 interceptions to be cut down now that he’s not forcing throws to Brown. 

On 9/1/2019 at 12:33 AM, HaloFanatic17 said:

As a Steelers fan I really like him this year. I am actually crazy enough to think he will be more successful without Brown. Hear me out....Ben thrives when he can spread the ball around the field which he can do now that Brown isn’t trying to pad stats.  He has solid weapons around him, not to mention one of the top o-lines in the league.  I expect a lot of quick throws which I believe he led the league with last year. I also expect those 16 interceptions to be cut down now that he’s not forcing throws to Brown. 

Not sure if you're aware, but Ben set personal highs last season, most passes attempted, 5,129 yards, 34 passing TD's.  Take away AB, don't see any chance his stats are greater this season. But, Go Steelers!

• Like 1

I’m going to guess 348 Yards and 2 TDs.

I’m expecting a high scoring game. Starting Big Ben over Lamar Jackson

On 9/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, mjb said:

Not sure if you're aware, but Ben set personal highs last season, most passes attempted, 5,129 yards, 34 passing TD's.  Take away AB, don't see any chance his stats are greater this season. But, Go Steelers!

I’m well aware. But also how many pass plays were forced so that Brown could be fed the ball?  Also the attempts were much higher last season because they were trailing many of their games and in catch up mode in the 4th where they needed big plays.  Now I don’t believe his personal stats will be better this season in regards to setting career highs or leading the league.  However I do believe that INT ratio will come down with not forcing plays to Brown. I truly believe being able to spread the ball around will make the team better. Only time will tell. Go Steelers! 

Ben on the road, I’ll be happy with 300+ and 2tds. Though there’s a chance at 2-3 picks as well.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:57 PM, johnnyboy8102 said:

What does everyone expect this Sunday? 

Ben ALWAYS struggles on the road.  Remember the 5 interception game, "retirement talk."  Not saying it's going to happen again, but chances are there and NOW NO AB.🤣

On 9/8/2019 at 12:21 AM, mjb said:

Ben ALWAYS struggles on the road.  Remember the 5 interception game, "retirement talk."  Not saying it's going to happen again, but chances are there and NOW NO AB.🤣

Except last year you mean.

image.png.44ea938e1ceeedc6cfc8ca743118e061.png

Last season he had 295 yards avg at home and 345 on the road. Over his whole career, he has 10 more yards at home than away, so even that's not a shocking difference.

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Except last year you mean.

image.png.44ea938e1ceeedc6cfc8ca743118e061.png

Last season he had 295 yards avg at home and 345 on the road. Over his whole career, he has 10 more yards at home than away, so even that's not a shocking difference.

Surprising last year. But as expected, Sunday night the Steelers were downright dreadful. No AB, ugh. I might be forced to play him this week, as Kyler visits the Ravens.🤢

Both him and his weapons should have a nice bounce back game at home against Seattle. Dalton just hung 400 on the Hawks in Seattle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Both him and his weapons should have a nice bounce back game at home against Seattle. Dalton just hung 400 on the Hawks in Seattle.

I tend to agree, and I'm in the same position as mjb up above (Murray and Ben). Got lucky starting Kyler this week.

I really do believe the Steelers and Big Ben come up big in this one after being embarrassed in prime time.

I wouldn't write him off so soon. He will have some great games this year. Ofc Tonkin doesn't inspire much confidence. They kept going empty backfield even when it clearly wasn't working.

Ben ISN'T on the road, he has a chance today.

What the **** is this,he is my starter in three leagues and Im going 0-2 in all of them,time for this Guy show up,what is happening with Big Ben?

14 minutes ago, MarielJr said:

What the **** is this,he is my starter in three leagues and Im going 0-2 in all of them,time for this Guy show up,what is happening with Big Ben?

Lesson is, when someone hits 35, consider drafting a backup too.

3 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Lesson is, when someone hits 35, consider drafting a backup too.

I play in two 12 league teams and another 20,in the 20 I have Mariota,who throws like Geno Smith,I Will need to get a Stafford or Dalton in the twelve

• Haha 1

Nobody can predict injury, but even before that he was not looking good. Cost me the week, but at least today I learned that Kyler Murray is my QB going foward.

The Steelers as a whole look like crap.

57 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Nobody can predict injury, but even before that he was not looking good. Cost me the week, but at least today I learned that Kyler Murray is my QB going foward.

The Steelers as a whole look like crap.

Can you say Tommy John! Hurt elbow without getting hit.

• Like 2

Big Ben gets injured

timeline given for possible return from injury

steelers look bad while Ben is out

Ben miraculously returns 1 week earlier than predicted because he's just so gosh darn tough can you believe it?

He sets the world on fire absolutely slinging the rock to JuJu and Washington!

Steelers go .500 and miss playoffs anyway

Sound familiar?

Edited by sSektor
  • Haha 1

Retirement pending, closed..

Needs TJ surgery. This is most likely the end of the road for Big Ben.