smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

I2TV1fd.png

The Rams traded up to take Henderson in the 3rd round. Questions are swirling around the health of Gurley's knee and if he's forced to miss time Henderson could be a big time beneficiary. If you consider what CJ Anderson was able to do on this Rams offense down the stretch, the sky could be the limit for DH.

He’s a must own if you draft Gurley.   Going in the first round of devy/dynasty too.    

Wouldn’t get too nuts in redraft pending Gurley updates closer to season-  he could just be Benny Cunningham.   

• Like 2

Coaches are saying that Henderson is the COP and that Malcolm is the backup in case something happens to Gurley.  Just to keep that in mind.  If Gurley health becomes an issue Henderson probably isn't stepping into a significantly bigger role.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord_Varys said:

Coaches are saying that Henderson is the COP and that Malcolm is the backup in case something happens to Gurley.  Just to keep that in mind.  If Gurley health becomes an issue Henderson probably isn't stepping into a significantly bigger role.

I don’t believe a word the Rams CS says about their rbs.   The pick says much more 

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I don’t believe a word the Rams CS says about their rbs.   The pick says much more 

RIght? It's all bs out of their mouths. They covered up the Gurley injury lol

• Haha 1

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Yep bhawks.  They’re STILL covering it up.   No clue what his true condition is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, I really messed up the thread title when I was half asleep this morning. Sorry mods!

54 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Some coaches and front offices have a tendency to be more forthright than others.

And in general, you'll never hear more honest takes from those groups than you will right after the draft.

I could be wrong but I'm taking them at their word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Some coaches and front offices have a tendency to be more forthright than others.

And in general, you'll never hear more honest takes from those groups than you will right after the draft.

I could be wrong but I'm taking them at their word.

They’re strategically honest....when it suits their needs.  

On 5/10/2019 at 8:21 AM, bhawks489 said:

Covered up an injury? Arthritis, as speculated, isn’t an injury it’s a condition which rams aren’t required to divulge. So they didn’t cover up anything to be fair.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 11:08 AM, Impreza178 said:

But them matching Detroit's offer for Brown also says quite a lot. 

Remember that McVay wanted to create a Gurley/Lance Dunbar RBBC in 2017 until Dunbar was lost for the year in the preseason. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Helms said:

Covered up an injury? Arthritis, as speculated, isn’t an injury it’s a condition which rams aren’t required to divulge. So they didn’t cover up anything to be fair.

You're right. Gurley was healthy during the playoffs and the Rams didn't use him to trick the other teams or something

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

You're right. Gurley was healthy during the playoffs and the Rams didn't use him to trick the other teams or something

Show me how many guys were listed as probable or doubtful with arthritis last year. You’re being sarcastic but I’m just trying to show you some truth. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

But them matching Detroit's offer for Brown also says quite a lot. 

Remember that McVay wanted to create a Gurley/Lance Dunbar RBBC in 2017 until Dunbar was lost for the year in the preseason. 

They matched the Lions offer on Brown bc it actually saved them money from their original offer to Brown. It was a no brainer for a good backup that knows the system. Lions actually did the rams a favor lol 

Edited by Helms
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Helms said:

Show me how many guys were listed as probable or doubtful with arthritis last year. You’re being sarcastic but I’m just trying to show you some truth. 

The point was Gurley was clearly injured and the Rams said he was fine. Unless you're arguing that he was healthy but didn't play?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

The point was Gurley was clearly injured and the Rams said he was fine. Unless you're arguing that he was healthy but didn't play?

He did play. He had 100+ yards vs Cowboys. Saints game he dropped a pass and that lead to a int. McVay rode CJ that game(cj didn’t do much either). Rams were moving the ball through the air very efficiently.

In Super Bowl the rams abandon the run bc the pats made it their mission to make the rams beat them through the air. CJ didn’t do s--- either. Gurley actually had a very nice run called back on a phantom holding call. McVay has abandoned the run game in big games before its one of the few areas he needs to work on. Gets pass happy sometimes. 

Go back and watch the game. If gurley is out their limping or has a prosthetic leg let me know.

Edited by Helms
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Helms said:

He did play. He had 100+ yards vs Cowboys. Saints game he dropped a pass and that lead to a int. McVay rode CJ that game(cj didn’t do much either). Rams were moving the ball through the air very efficiently.

In Super Bowl the rams abandon the run bc the pats made it their mission to make the rams beat them through the air. CJ didn’t do s--- either. Gurley actually had a very nice run called back on a phantom holding call. McVay has abandoned the run game in big games before its one of the few areas he needs to work on. Gets pass happy sometimes. 

Go back and watch the game. If gurley is out their limping or has a prosthetic leg let me know.

4 carries in a close game against the saints that they should have lost.

10 carries in a close game against the patriots. 

Not sure why they would give CJA more touches when Gurley is the better player. Especially in the playoffs. Even CJA said Gurley was more hurt than they thought. Not sure why you are arguing this, it's easy enough to google.

• Like 1

Even in a change of pace role Henderson is interesting in ppr.  Don't know where he will fall in drafts but I'm round 9plus I'm in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Even in a change of pace role Henderson is interesting in ppr.  Don't know where he will fall in drafts but I'm round 9plus I'm in.

Agree.  With the Gurley injury upside added...he’s one to watch late 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

4 carries in a close game against the saints that they should have lost.

10 carries in a close game against the patriots. 

Not sure why they would give CJA more touches when Gurley is the better player. Especially in the playoffs. Even CJA said Gurley was more hurt than they thought. Not sure why you are arguing this, it's easy enough to google.

Should have lost? They outplayed the saints in their own house but that’s off topic.

The pats made the rams one dimensional it’s clear if you go back and watch how they attacked the rams offense and oline. 

You said rams hid an injury. I said he had Arthritis as speculated and it got worse as the year went on. Gurley himself said his knee flared up week 1 and he still went on to be the most productive back in the league. I think it is a potential serious issue but my whole point centered on you saying rams hid an injury. Arthritis is a condition as I stated. It’s the same knee he blew out before so it’s not uncommon. Probably a pain management issue.  

Edited by Helms
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helms said:

You said rams hid an injury. I said he had Arthritis as speculated and it got worse as the year went on. Gurley himself said his knee flared up week 1 and he still went on to be the most productive back in the league. I think it is a potential serious issue but my whole point centered on you saying rams hid an injury. Arthritis is a condition as I stated. It’s the same knee he blew out before so it’s not uncommon. Probably a pain management issue.  

You're right.  Arthritis is a long term side effect of his blown ACL.

The dude's knee is going to hurt, probably for the rest of his life.  He feels good now.  Can't commit to 6 months from now. 

It's not an "injury".  It's a bad knee.  I pinched a nerve in my neck last winter and couldn't feel my left arm for about a month.  That also was not an "injury", but I couldn't lift my arm.  I could, but screw that, it hurts!

Anyway, McVay is saying he wants to run some 2 back sets with less load on Gurley.  Coach speak is always fun.  If I have a healthy Cooks, Woods, and Kupp, I'm using 1 RB and 3 WRs.  The Rams clearly missed Kupp in the Super Bowl.  Gurley has 2 years of big guaranteed $$$$.  If you push him too hard, you might lose him for a year.  They can ride him in 2020 with no guaranteed $$ in 2021.  Not the most ethical approach, but I'm sure it's being discussed.

This will be an interesting thread.

• Thanks 1

Is Henderson the premier late round flyer right now? I'm not going to get ahead of myself on the Gurley situation until all the dust settles, but is this guy almost a must draft in re-draft even as a non TG owner, given the potential serious health issue with him? He's so freaking electric.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Is Henderson the premier late round flyer right now? I'm not going to get ahead of myself on the Gurley situation until all the dust settles, but is this guy almost a must draft in re-draft even as a non TG owner, given the potential serious health issue with him? He's so freaking electric.

So he is for sure the Gurley handcuff?  What about Malcolm Brown?

Whatever he ends up being, his ADP is sure to skyrocket throughout the summer.  Rams have shown that they don't divulge much re Gurley, so it's all speculation.  Sitting out OTAs and not playing in the preseason certainly won't help Gurley's outlook.

If I could get him in the double digit late rounds, for sure I'd take a flier on him.  I have a feeling when the fall rolls around, he's going to be a 5th or 6th rounder assuming that the talk about Gurley's bellcow days being done are over.  That's too rich for me.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

As long as negative Todd Gurley news keeps coming out the reasons to own this guy in a redraft league keep growing, but then his cost keeps increasing which means the odds that I own him grow smaller and smaller.

He's 7th round in FFC PPR ADP 12 man currently.

No thanks.  Not interested 1 bit at that cost.  He was 11th round a month ago.  He'll probably peak in early 6th.  ZERO % chance I ever own a handcuff for that cost.  6th round you need to be drafting usable starters not insurance policies.  I don't believe he will have any stand alone value in 2019 either.

He was exciting, no doubt, but he's not ready to step onto the field and take this game over day 1 either.

BEST TRAIT - Balance

WORST TRAIT - Pass Protection

RED FLAGS - None

Henderson offers a blend of quickness, elusive traits and vision to provide a fairly dynamic offensive weapon. While he doesn't quite have the dynamic long speed of a true home run threat, his production per touch in college was unbelievable. While I don't foresee a feature role in Henderson's future, I do believe he can be a complementary piece in a stable of backs where he gets touches in space and attack the edges. His limitations in pass protection, power and need to develop as a receiver temper his projection.

Round Grade - Third Round Value

source:  The Draft Network

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 3