smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Malcolm Brown gets whats blocked he's not an exceedingly talented RB but he is steady there is a reason he only has 668 rushing yards in his fifth NFL season. If McVay can get to a point where he trusts Henderson blocking Brown will be an afterthought. You can take plenty away when one RB has wiggle and burst and the other is pedestrian from a pure talent standpoint. 

I've been rousted from the Brown thread because of "cheerleading for Henderson" - I'm a fan of Hendo's game.

That said, I do think there are still some questions here if Gurley does miss more time.

For one, in the preseason the Rams coaching staff wanted to see him pick up their zone concepts a little better, and he also has some work to do pass blocking.  And although Brown got stuffed at the goal line, he would still appear to be the Rams preferred option there as we sit today - he did after all get work there even with Gurley playing.

All in all, although I'd agree Henderson was more efficient and explosive than Brown on Sunday, I wouldn't say Hendo has definitively proven that he is the back to own if Gurley does continue to miss time and holding both if possible continues to make sense to me.  Looking forward to learning more this week.

It is what it is. Henderson got off to a great start, Brown still ended up with about 5 more touches. I think you have to expect that it'll be a 60:40 Brown:Henderson split while Gurley is out, at best. That could be usable, but unless something changes, his ceiling is pretty clearly capped.

Just now, miasma16 said:

It is what it is. Henderson got off to a great start, Brown still ended up with about 5 more touches. I think you have to expect that it'll be a 60:40 Brown:Henderson split while Gurley is out, at best. That could be usable, but unless something changes, his ceiling is pretty clearly capped.

Atlanta is pretty much tailor made for this committee...witness DJ/Edmonds.

If Gurley is going to continue to miss time, both should make a splash.

I just get the sinking suspicion that the bigger splash is Hendo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Atlanta is pretty much tailor made for this committee...witness DJ/Edmonds.

If Gurley is going to continue to miss time, both should make a splash.

I just get the sinking suspicion that the bigger splash is Hendo.

I wouldn't consider him more than a flex until he leads the backfield in touches. I don't think he has time to overtake the backfield since I don't expect Gurley to be out much longer. He outplayed Brown and they kept giving Brown the same favorable split (because Brown is much better than he looked Sunday). If you want to bet on the cream rising to the top though, go for it. That's never a philosophy I'll fight against too hard. 

Edited by miasma16

17 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah, probably right here.

I just don't get what the Rams see in Brown though.  He's clearly just a JAG.  Yeah, he runs pretty hard but he doesn't bring any home run ability or anything special to the position.

Henderson feels like a guy that could bust it.  And he's built better than I thought he was.  He clearly brings a dimension to that offense.

Again, I'm sure I know nothing lol.....But to my eyes if I were the Rams, this guy would stay involved and get at least 8-10 touches weekly in like an Ekeler type role.  And if Gurley were playing, I'd still give him those touches and send Brown to the bench.  I think Gurley/Hendo would be a much more explosive and versatile combination than Gurley/Brown.

One thing that is pretty obvious is that the Rams need that running game threat both running and for dump offs with Goff.  I see Henderson as the guy that could juice their offense a bit.

Bu he'll probably head back to his third role as the coaches seem to love Brown for some reason.

Brown day to day with an ankle injury.

Hoodoo doggie, if both he and Gurley miss vs the Falcons?

Look out.

He did look good but why is no one mentioning his fumble on the toss? I feel like that was all on him and probably holding him back from claiming the starting job. But he would be a good RB2 if gurley and brown are out.

10 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

He did look good but why is no one mentioning his fumble on the toss? I feel like that was all on him and probably holding him back from claiming the starting job. But he would be a good RB2 if gurley and brown are out.

He out touched Brown 3-2 after the fumble.

The whole offense was a disaster.  But it doesn't seem like that particular play hurt him much in the coach's eyes.

25 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Brown day to day with an ankle injury.

Hoodoo doggie, if both he and Gurley miss vs the Falcons?

Look out.

If any of the 3 backs get a lock on the touches against the Falcons they’re going to absolutely ball out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrangeCrush said:

Check out this camera view

I drafted this guy, then dropped him, and then picked him back up Sunday morning. I will NOT let him go this time. Strong Hold and a MUST-OWN imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Check out this camera view

He looks like he almost broke every one of those runs.

5 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Neither Yahoo fantasy or the NFL game logs are crediting him with a fumble, was it nullified by a penalty or credited to Goff or something?

The Rams o-line (and offense in general) is a disaster which I think renders either Brown or Henderson flexes at best.  Unfortunately the high upside Gurley cuff that was supposed to be, clearly isn't gonna be that upside guy after all. Even moreso if they just go to a committee when Gurley is out.  

2 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Neither Yahoo fantasy or the NFL game logs are crediting him with a fumble, was it nullified by a penalty or credited to Goff or something?

They credited Goff with the fumble, but it was clearly Henderson's gaffe.

3 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

I’d do the same as far as one cuff. If gurly were to miss significant time, give me Henderson. ALWAYS give me the more electric player

this comment is giving me bad mckinnon/asiata flashbacks.....

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

It looks like it was credited to Goff. But take a look at the vid, I'd say that's 70% on Henderson and 30% on Goff (toss was a bit high and hit Henderson on left shoulder but still not a terribly difficult catch by any means). See 5:30 mark.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

It looks like it was credited to Goff. But take a look at the vid, I'd say that's 70% on Henderson and 30% on Goff (toss was a bit high and hit Henderson on left shoulder but still not a terribly difficult catch by any means). See 5:30 mark.

I'd say 100% on Henderson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I'd say 100% on Henderson.

That's fair haha. I left the video there so you can make your own judgments.

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

It's a 2 foot toss, clearly that was on Henderson. 

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

Thanks for the vid link.

It wouldn't have hit him in the shoulder if he caught it with his hands. He had his eyes on the defenders before securing the ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, herschel said:

this comment is giving me bad mckinnon/asiata flashbacks.....

Very fair.. 

I also recall a season where McKinnon was slightly more valuable than that one. One can hope the timing is right 🤷🏽‍♂️