smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

Also as a rule clarification, the last person to maintain full control of the ball is generally credited for the fumble. So even though it was Henderson's fault, Goff was the last person with full control and was attributed for the fumble

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itschief33 said:

I’d do the same as far as one cuff. If gurly were to miss significant time, give me Henderson. ALWAYS give me the more electric player. 

Always!!

8 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

I drafted this guy, then dropped him, and then picked him back up Sunday morning. I will NOT let him go this time. Strong Hold and a MUST-OWN imo. 

Agreed. Admittedly, I thought Brown was the guy until I watched the game Sunday, and Darrel popped off the screen. Darrel is the guy with some serious explosion that could make the offense dangerous.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Agreed. Admittedly, I thought Brown was the guy until I watched the game Sunday, and Darrel popped off the screen. Darrel is the guy with some serious explosion that could make the offense dangerous.

This is it exactly.

This is another example of apparently why I couldn't be an NFL coach.  Because it's pretty apparent to my eyes that Henderson is a FAR superior talent to Malcom Jag Brown.  Granted, Malcom probably knows the plays better and might be a better pass blocker....Maybe that's why he's been the #2 guy.

But this Rams offense clearly needs a jolt.  And they clearly need their running game to be much better than it's been in order to get their play action game going and take pressure off Goff.  If you ask me, this backfield should be Gurley and Henderson with Brown being the water boy.  Henderson is the perfect change of pace guy for Gurley.  And if Gurley is out, then I'd run with Henderson & Brown with Henderson being the lead guy.

I just came away really impressed with Henderson.  As a Cowboys fan, I spent a lot of time watching Memphis clips to get some feel for Pollard and all I kept asking myself was why the Cowboys didn't try taking Henderson earlier as he's the guy that really popped in highlights.

What impressed me this past weekend with Henderson too was his strength.  I thought he was more of a speed type guy....But he's got some bulk to him.

He's probably not much more than a stash right now but I think Brown is banged up (in addition to be average at best) and we know about Gurley.

Pretty good upside bench stash and one guy that could add some juice to the Ram's offense IMO if they continue to work him in.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Didn't Gurley even vouch for him? Saying he was ready?

What would expect Gurley to say about a teammate?  "Henderson?  Guy's a bum and we do not support him at all."

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

What would expect Gurley to say about a teammate?  "Henderson?  Guy's a bum and we do not support him at all."

no in between huh? 😂

he could have said something more neutral than "he's ready".

• Haha 1

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

no in between huh? 😂

he could have said something more neutral than "he's ready".

Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate!

49 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

No, and you know that, but I'll allow you your 15-seconds since it means that much to you.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

5 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

No, and you know that, but I'll allow you your 15-seconds since it means that much to you.

someone need to take a little melatonin and lay down for a while 

11 minutes ago, chargahs said:

someone need to take a little melatonin and lay down for a while 

Someone should switch your title from rookie to cheerleader.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

i mean he didn't gush about Brown the same way, this is like the 2nd or 3rd time Gurley has said something like that. I really like TG, he always has came across as a pretty great dude, always seems to be heaping praise to others, refreshing

• Like 2

Per rotoworld, Gurley limited today and M. Brown didn't practice.

This is getting interesting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Per rotoworld, Gurley limited today and M. Brown didn't practice.

This is getting interesting.

cue Ron Paul!

• Like 1

Slight chance DH blows up Sunday at Alanta and makes a case for much more work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjb said:

Slight chance DH blows up Sunday at Alanta and makes a case for much more work.

OR Gurley is ready and DH is a backup, who really knows...

knowing my luck gurley comes back this week...but on a positive note i heard on nfl network they may hold him another week and would definitely play next week in the UK...sounds like they leaning torwards keeping him out 1 week

Edited by Power-O

With kamara lookin out, this would be great if he got to see a good chunk of action.

• Like 1

Honestly I went back to his highlights and his low center of gravity and sharp cuts remind me of a young marshawn lynch. He just needs a shot, much like Chubb got last year.

• Like 2

I dropped Brown for him in one league. And added him in my other league. 

Point being, I'm on board with this guy.

Take it with a grain of salt but I really have a feeling about this guy. I think he might just be a...

LEAGUE WINNER.

Something is up with Gurley. I would not be surprised if he's mysteriously "shut down" for the season in a couple weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This and Chase Edmonds are two potential league winners imo. 

Chase already has stand alone value and the Rams are in trouble on multiple fronts. 

In his last 14 games Goff has 15 TD's and 14 INT's. The Rams offensive line is metrically bad across the board ranking bottom 3rd at each position. Goff needs time to be good, which he isn't getting behind that swiss cheese line, so I presume that we'll see much more of Hendo as the pass catching back and If Gurley and or Brown can't go he'll get totes as well. 

Edmonds and Hendo are the two best cuffs in FF football running. It's week 7, this will pay big time down the stretch, the Rams won't have any other choice but to let this kid loose. 

• Like 1