smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

With great power comes great responsibilty.

For example, Darrell gave Todd Gurley a pat on thigh after a game roughly two weeks ago. Now Todd can't practice. Out of his fear for his life Todd feels obligated to speak positive of Darrell. 

Brown and Gurley both out?

Let’s say you have three brothers that live together. One night, two brothers get murdered while the third one is left untouched. Suspicious don’t you think?

• Haha 2

Starting to think Brown won't play; Gurley will but it will be a 50/50 split with Henderson and vs ATL this could make him a RB2 this week.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/18/nfl-rams-darrell-henderson-gurley-brown-injuries/

“I think it does. I think it gives him, too, confidence – probably just kind of getting his feet wet a little bit,” McVay said. “Really, he played in all situations. He had some different things that, maybe, he got exposed to that we didn’t anticipate as a result of Malcolm taking a little bit of a breather when he ended up tweaking his ankle. He got some things that he can learn from in protection and some of those known passing situations. He got a short-yardage carry that I think we’ll be better on if those things come up. Then he had some real bright spots with a couple of those runs you saw him pop.”

Edited by affliction

Picked up Henderson but I hope this doesn't end up being another Darwin Thompson thread. 

Wait, so what are we saying here? That Brown is likely out? And Gurley is likely to play, but at far less than 100%? Is that right? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Wait, so what are we saying here? That Brown is likely out? And Gurley is likely to play, but at far less than 100%? Is that right? 

What it's looking like so far. Brown hasn't practiced all week at all while Gurley's been limited but you never know with Todd. Henderson should get some run regardless as if Gurley plays he's not getting 20+ touches

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Seems that way.  What are expectations if it lines up like that?  40% of the work for Henderson?  More?

somehow I feel like even if gurley is limited he will still get all the GL snaps 😪

• Like 2

If browns out, it’s a full send for me on one of my heavy bye weeks. If he can squeeze out 10ish touches as second in line, there’s a lot of potential there. I just hope he can cement the 1B to Gurley ROS

“Gurley was limited in practice on Thursday and Brown was held out with an ankle injury. Sean McVay called Brown “day-to-day” and wouldn’t commit to him playing against Atlanta.

“I would say it’s hard to say. He’s questionable for the game,” McVay said. “I think you want to see some progress to be able to feel good about it. Sometimes these things end up turning the corner pretty quickly, so we’ll use our time on this.”

As for Gurley, McVay said “he’s made good progress,” but wouldn’t say for sure if the running back will play. Gurley didn’t practice at all last week due to his thigh contusion and still hasn’t fully recovered from the injury.“

“McVay liked what he saw from Henderson, for the most part, but also added that there are things the rookie can clean up. He says last week’s action should give Henderson confidence entering this weekend.

“I think it does. I think it gives him, too, confidence – probably just kind of getting his feet wet a little bit,” McVay said. “Really, he played in all situations. He had some different things that, maybe, he got exposed to that we didn’t anticipate as a result of Malcolm taking a little bit of a breather when he ended up tweaking his ankle. He got some things that he can learn from in protection and some of those known passing situations. He got a short-yardage carry that I think we’ll be better on if those things come up. Then he had some real bright spots with a couple of those runs you saw him pop.””

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/18/nfl-rams-darrell-henderson-gurley-brown-injuries/amp/

Couple of observations:

> Brown has been held out Wed + Thursday now. Doesn’t look good for week 7

> Gurley has been “limited” We’d + Thurs and McVay has twice refused to say if he’ll play week 7

> McVay doesn’t sound like he trusts D Henderson in pass pro and was unhappy with his short yardage work. 

Seems like they are rushing TG back since Brown is not going to play and McVay doesn’t trust DH enough to take on a big role. 

That doesn’t sound like DH is going to have a big role ROS unless both TG AND MB go down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SGagne said:

Picked up Henderson but I hope this doesn't end up being another Darwin Thompson thread. 

Go on youtube and watch his tape in college, he is dynamic. 

In limited work last week he averaged 6.2 yards a carry. 

McVay isn't stupid, and Gurley is hanging on for dear life, this has all the makings of down the stretch heat. 

• Like 1

Just now, FreakFries said:

“Gurley was limited in practice on Thursday and Brown was held out with an ankle injury. Sean McVay called Brown “day-to-day” and wouldn’t commit to him playing against Atlanta.

“I would say it’s hard to say. He’s questionable for the game,” McVay said. “I think you want to see some progress to be able to feel good about it. Sometimes these things end up turning the corner pretty quickly, so we’ll use our time on this.”

As for Gurley, McVay said “he’s made good progress,” but wouldn’t say for sure if the running back will play. Gurley didn’t practice at all last week due to his thigh contusion and still hasn’t fully recovered from the injury.“

“McVay liked what he saw from Henderson, for the most part, but also added that there are things the rookie can clean up. He says last week’s action should give Henderson confidence entering this weekend.

“I think it does. I think it gives him, too, confidence – probably just kind of getting his feet wet a little bit,” McVay said. “Really, he played in all situations. He had some different things that, maybe, he got exposed to that we didn’t anticipate as a result of Malcolm taking a little bit of a breather when he ended up tweaking his ankle. He got some things that he can learn from in protection and some of those known passing situations. He got a short-yardage carry that I think we’ll be better on if those things come up. Then he had some real bright spots with a couple of those runs you saw him pop.””

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/18/nfl-rams-darrell-henderson-gurley-brown-injuries/amp/

Couple of observations:

> Brown has been held out Wed + Thursday now. Doesn’t look good for week 7

> Gurley has been “limited” We’d + Thurs and McVay has twice refused to say if he’ll play week 7

> McVay doesn’t sound like he trusts D Henderson in pass pro and was unhappy with his short yardage work. 

Seems like they are rushing TG back since Brown is not going to play and McVay doesn’t trust DH enough to take on a big role. 

That doesn’t sound like DH is going to have a big role ROS unless both TG AND MB go down.

Let it play out

It's tough but he is a huge gamble with Gurley playing. He was close to breaking some big TD runs last week. I might err on the side of caution and start Jordan Howard instead since my opponent is trailing me with his Lindsay putting up a dud.

I would say his floor is very low with Gurley in but offers huge upside on limited touches and more upside if Gurley goes down midgame with injury. He's one of those players you should gamble with if you're down big in points/projected points heading into Sunday.

Obviously, he's a sit if Brown is also available but that is an unlikely scenario at this point.

10 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Go on youtube and watch his tape in college, he is dynamic. 

In limited work last week he averaged 6.2 yards a carry. 

McVay isn't stupid, and Gurley is hanging on for dear life, this has all the makings of down the stretch heat. 

he isn't, so that's why you should also consider why he still stated that Henderson needs to polish up a lot of things despite having a 6.2ypc last week.  I agree with the above poster that you need both Gurley and Brown to go down for Henderson to have a chance of a significant role

Does he only work out one side of his body in the gym? I think I only got through half that video but the guy never holds the ball with his right arm, even when it would be very beneficial to do so

If Gurley plays Henderson is going to be useless. How much times do you see "X didn't practice this week so X won't produce" only to have that player do their normal thing. Godwin  and Mack are both easy examples this year. If Gurley plays expect him to be involved in his regular role and recieve 70%-80% of the snaps. With the current state of the Rams line and offense, 20%-30% of snaps isn't enough to carve out a fantasy relevant role especially with zero GL work. 

I play in a league where you're either 2-4 weeks ahead of the market or you get your teeth kicked in, been here since week 2, this and Chase E. are the two best bets for league winner backs imo. 

Rams are getting desperate, when that happens, the best players play, a healthy Henderson is better than a banged up Gurley. 

What is Gurley avg'ing per tote this year? 3.6 maybe

• Like 1

Bruh after watching that video.....I'll take Henderson over a healthy Todd Gurley.

• Like 3

Dude has 7 career carries and is already better than Gurley. Alright...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Dude has 7 career carries and is already better than Gurley. Alright...

Image result for when you know you know

You know?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I once found Kamara in the 15th round his rookie year. Still own him today, 3 injuries and all. (for context)

This kid is gonna be a star. I'll hold him till the wheels fall off and a "Darrell Henderson's Cleats" thread pops up.

Hendo is the truth yo. 

#BallsOnTheTable

• Like 2

Somewhere Hendo is listening to this just waiting till the wheels fall of Gurley. 

30 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Let it play out

He's a Gurley owner. He's posted this same post on all the Rams RB pages.

He is not ready for HENDERSZN!

• Haha 1