smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

I heard he pimp slapped Chuck Norris and KO him. Wow dudes strong.

This forum is hilarious.

I swear, some of y'all wait until a player is recommended in a waiver wire pickup advice column before knowing who he is, watch a highlight video and then become bigger cheerleaders than the guy's mom.

Most folks who watch football on Saturdays could have told you about Hendo.  I think he has a window to make an impact this Sunday against the Falcons if Brown and Gurley miss, but comparing a couple of his long runs in a mid tier college conference is a far cry from being reliable providing chip help against Vic Beasley, and he certainly shouldn't be held as an improvement over a healthy Todd Gurley at this point in time (although admitedly we may not see a healthy Todd Gurley again).

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Thanks 3

McVay was just resting HendoSZN for the stretch run. He knows the wheels on Gurley are wobbly AF and he's gonna need that Hendo SZN when he's fighting for 9-7 to get in The Playoffs. 

This is like $ROKU stock at $25 bucks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This forum is hilarious.

I swear, some of y'all wait until a player is recommended in a waiver wire pickup advice column before knowing who he is, watch a highlight video and then become bigger cheerleaders than the guy's mom.

Most folks who watch football on Saturdays could have told you about Hendo.  I think he has a window to make an impact this Sunday against the Falcons if Brown and Gurley miss, but comparing a couple of his long runs in a mid tier college conference is a far cry from being reliable providing chip help against Vic Beasley, and he certainly shouldn't be held as an improvement over a healthy Todd Gurley at this point in time (although admitedly we may not see a healthy Todd Gurley again).

There is enough of a consensus of very smart people that believe Henderson is already more explosive then current Todd Gurley.  Even if his blocking issues limit his snaps, 10 touches could lead to some huge numbers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

There is enough of a consensus of very smart people that believe Henderson is already more explosive then current Todd Gurley.  Even if his blocking issues limit his snaps, 10 touches could lead to some huge numbers.  

I'm just saying, don't let people do your thinking for you and get swept up in hype trains.

When you have potential rookies who might make an impact, just watch players like him play full games in college if you can, consider the competition and the potential NFL fit, read what the coaches are saying from an objective standpoint as opposed to rose colored glasses or doom and gloom prophecies based on your fantasy points scored, and make up your own mind.

18 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This forum is hilarious.

Saturday football lmao. I'd rather stab my eyeballs with a fork repeatedly than watch low quality football ran by an oppressive, antiquated organization.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Saturday football lmao. I'd rather stab my eyeballs with a fork repeatedly than watch low quality football ran by an oppressive, antiquated organization.

I couldn't care less about your feelings about the politics of the NCAA.

I am in favor of people being more well informed about what they are talking about and not being lemmings hopelessly following the leader, but though I can lead you to water I can't make you drink.  Do you I guess.

2 minutes ago, collucho said:

Bruh why are there angry Todd Gurley owners in my man Darrell's thread?

Related image

I own both but I’m also not delusional. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I once found Kamara in the 15th round his rookie year. Still own him today, 3 injuries and all. (for context)

This kid is gonna be a star. I'll hold him till the wheels fall off and a "Darrell Henderson's Cleats" thread pops up.

Hendo is the truth yo. 

#BallsOnTheTable

What do you make in the Gurley situation though?  He just got paid as the highest running back at the time. How is there a road for Henderson when the team has invested so much money in Gurley? 

4 minutes ago, SGagne said:

What do you make in the Gurley situation though?  He just got paid as the highest running back at the time. How is there a road for Henderson when the team has invested so much money in Gurley? 

There's a road for both Brown and Henderson because money can't fix a degenerative knee.

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I own both but I’m also not delusional. 

But muh hype train!

Guys, it is possible to:

1.) Have a reasonably optimistic outlook on a dynamic rookie.

2.) Hedge your bets in case you're wrong.

3.) Not force yourself to become starry-eyed over a player who has gotten 7 NFL carries and ignore the presence of the reigning offensive player of the year, even with a murky health situation.

I don't own Todd Gurley and I do own Hendo (and Brown) and I'm fairly certain I've seen him play football more than most of you.  I believe you're all totally out of pocket on this guy.  There's a potential for an opportunity here but you're getting way too lathered up.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

He looked good on his carries, then fumbled but looked good, better than brown for sure imo

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

But muh hype train!

Guys, it is possible to:

1.) Have a reasonably optimistic outlook on a dynamic rookie.

2.) Hedge your bets in case you're wrong.

3.) Not force yourself to become starry-eyed over a player who has gotten 7 NFL carries and ignore the presence of the reigning offensive player of the year, even with a murky health situation.

I don't own Todd Gurley and I do own Hendo (and Brown) and I'm fairly certain I've seen him play football more than most of you.  I believe you're all totally out of pocket on this guy.  There's a potential for an opportunity here but you're getting way too lathered up.

Just cause we make jokes in a thread on an internet forum dedicated to fantasy football doesn't mean we are dedicating literally any mental capacity towards this guy becoming anything special this year. 

3 minutes ago, collucho said:

Just cause we make jokes in a thread on an internet forum dedicated to fantasy football doesn't mean we are dedicating literally any mental capacity towards this guy becoming anything special this year. 

Okey doke.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, collucho said:

You'd be surprised. I'm sure members on this forum offered animal sacrifices in the name of Christine Michael. 

• Haha 2

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Okey doke.

Ya do gotta admit that college tape is nutty tho.

How about that throw for a TD? Guy could be QB1.

Ya do gotta admit that college tape is nutty tho.

How about that throw for a TD? Guy could be QB1.

Look up the NCAA record holder for yards per carry.

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Hahaha leggo. I thought it was gonna be Gurley for a second but he's all the way down at #78 what a bum!

More like Henderdad amiright? 

Just now, collucho said:

Hahaha leggo. I thought it was gonna be Gurley for a second but he's all the way down at #78 what a bum!

Again, I'll caution to temper expectations haha.

Remember, rookie, coach has some questions about pass blocking, reigning offensive player of the year.

But yes, there's an opportunity here.

25 minutes ago, SGagne said:

Yeah I considered that and nobody will take Gurley's contract but I know winning trumps all.

It's not like the Rams offense is knocking the cover off the ball, it's actually been atrocious. 

What do you do when something isn't working, you try something else. 

THIS is something else. 

8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

So much JAGs near the top of that list.

Just now, Gohawks said:

So much JAGs near the top of that list.

College ball is not pro ball.  Conference was super light on front seven NFL prospects.  That said...

I prefer Henderdaddy

• Like 1