smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Its really hard to project 4 catches when Gurley only has 1 game all year above 3 catches and Gurley + Brown have 15 catches between them on the season.

I mean, Gurley has 22 targets on the year, Brown has 3 and Henderson got 2 last week.  That's 4.5 per week... Maybe three catches is more realistic but if this is a shootout as the line suggests I think he will get a decent amount of run and all you can ask for is opportunity.

Who knows, could be a moot point if Brown isn't out. 

11 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I mean, Gurley has 22 targets on the year, Brown has 3 and Henderson got 2 last week.  That's 4.5 per week... Maybe three catches is more realistic but if this is a shootout as the line suggests I think he will get a decent amount of run and all you can ask for is opportunity.

Who knows, could be a moot point if Brown isn't out. 

Idk Brown seems to be trending the wrong way. Today will tell, but i think it’s a good week for Henderson 

16 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This is the accumulation phase of the mania, sharp money is already in, next come the early adopters. 

You're just saying words that sound really cool. If Henderson does nothing over the next 2 months we won't hear from you again. I may or may not hold him, it depends what I see this weekend. There is a big cost to holding stashes long-term, you don't get to stash the other guys. I know some backup RB that's on lots of people's wires will become fantasy relevant(I'm not going to say league winner) over the next 2 months due to injury but I'm not sold it's this guy yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, owenmills said:

You're just saying words that sound really cool. If Henderson does nothing over the next 2 months we won't hear from you again. I may or may not hold him, it depends what I see this weekend. There is a big cost to holding stashes long-term, you don't get to stash the other guys. I know some backup RB that's on lots of people's wires will become fantasy relevant(I'm not going to say league winner) over the next 2 months due to injury but I'm not sold it's this guy yet. 

I don't blame you in the slightest.

This is one of the messier RB situations in the NFL.  And it may be fool's gold given how disastrous the run blocking situation has looked most of the time for any of them.  The fantasy community overlooks important characteristics to NFL coaches like scheme awareness, pass blocking and holding on to the football.

If someone said they'd rather hold on to a handcuff in a clearer cut situation who has more experience I'd say that makes sense.

49 minutes ago, owenmills said:

If he doesn't sprout, I'll take the heat. It's all based on the type of leagues you play in personally. 

Those words aren't untrue. 

Gurley looks good to you right now? What other bets are out there that are better than this one at running back? 

This is the best lotto ticket in fantasy, he has a path to relevance this season via opportunity. I've been on these boards for years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m flip flopping on Henderfather about to pick up Mark Walton instead f this 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

If he doesn't sprout, I'll take the heat. It's all based on the type of leagues you play in personally. 

Gurley looks good to you right now? What other bets are out there that are better than this one at running back? 

This is the best lotto ticket in fantasy, he has a path to relevance this season via opportunity. I've been on these boards for years. 

He is  a good lotto ticket as Gurley has documented health issues but as you said it all depends on the league type. Much more valuable in dynasty or even keeper leageus than redraft. He could still carve out a role in redraft it's just not as guarenteed. For redraft I think Mattison is just as valuable or more so due to Cook's history. Edmonds and Pollard have proven they can be great if DJ/Zeke are gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

He is  a good lotto ticket as Gurley has documented health issues but as you said it all depends on the league type. Much more valuable in dynasty or even keeper leageus than redraft. He could still carve out a role in redraft it's just not as guarenteed. For redraft I think Mattison is just as valuable or more so due to Cook's history. Edmonds and Pollard have proven they can be great if DJ/Zeke are gone.

I agree with all that. Anyone see the Rams Friday report yet, Brown sits and I'll fire this up in PPR 14 teamer over Montgomery. 

Yeah I don't believe a word that comes outta that coaches mouth. We know Brown is doubtful and Gurley a total question mark. If you are not on Hendo right now, I am not sure what the hell you are waiting on?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

That settles that: 

Ekeler 

Chase E. 

Hendo

Just lost Mahomes, were rage rolling the dice, I think Hendo gets half the work in Atlanta on the fast track. 

Thanks man, much appreciated on that link report. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I don't believe a word that comes outta that coaches mouth. We know Brown is doubtful and Gurley a total question mark. If you are not on Hendo right now, I am not sure what the hell you are waiting on?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Gurley does not look great, although I've seen flashes from him this year. I'm not sure if he'll eventually get shut down but I think he will miss more games, while they try to keep him upright the whole season. I don't think Brown is going away either. I just really don't know about the bolded. I'm holding through this weekend to see what happens but if Gurley and Brown are practicing next week this is a messy situation. I don't want to get too league specific and draw the ire of the mods but there's a couple guys available in my league where I own Henderson that are also attractive. Gus Edwards is one though. I think he's one injury away from being a big fantasy contributor. That's kind of a similar situation to this one except I think Edwards is more talented than Brown and will easily out-touch the rookie there. 

• Like 1

Gus is interesting, After all, fantasy football is about reading the tea leaves per say. 

For now, I'm holding Hendo smokin on that endo. 

Arthritic knees only last so long, then it's Hendo SZN, I'm firing him up in Atlanta. Atlanta sucks. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Watching that it amazes me that the Rams haven't gotten him more involved.  He's explosive and would appear to be a much better receiver than Brown.  

He could be an actual weapon for them instead of a JAG like Brown just eating up a few carries while Gurley rides the bike on the sidelines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still see this as a split with whoever is healthy Henderson or brown. Looking like it will Henderson. I’m desperate so starting him 

As long as we can stay on the ever vasilating rollercoaster of the next Barry Sanders or literally a homeless bum, looking forward to the results.

• Haha 1

There was an article from RamsWire that talked about ho McVay has been consistently adverse to giving rookies any role thus far in his HC career.

His comments yesterday began with talk about DH “getting his feet wet” and was not only critical of DH’s pass pro but his short yardage work as well.

seems like the reason they aren’t getting DH more involved is because McVay just doesn’t trust him yet. Especially with the Rams O line in the state that it’s in.

if Gurley goes down they’ll have no choice though.

• Thanks 3

would consider flexing him if Brown is ruled out...otherwise, staying away and just stashing on the bench.  Choice matchup this week 😕

Edited by swetooth9

(RotoWire) Coach Sean McVay considers Brown (ankle) doubtful for Sunday's game against the Falcons, Lindsey Thiry of ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: McVay expects Todd Gurley (quadriceps) to suit up, with Darrell Henderson also getting some work. It remains to be seen how the Rams list Brown on their final injury report, but it doesn't sound like he has any real chance to play.

59 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Gus is interesting, After all, fantasy football is about reading the tea leaves per say. 

For now, I'm holding Hendo smokin on that endo. 

Arthritic knees only last so long, then it's Hendo SZN, I'm firing him up in Atlanta. Atlanta sucks. 

You still like Edmonds over Hendo?

1 hour ago, Hank Thunderbolt said:

You still like Edmonds over Hendo?

Edmonds RB1 if DJ out, Hendo not in RB1 territory unless everything breaks right. Both must own.