smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

Just now, sSektor said:

This dude has played all of like 2 snaps and Gurley is going to be out maybe 2 weeks max lol

What's next week's powerball #s?

McVay hasn't even ruled Gurley out for this week yet and we're already making timelines?  Seems dubious.

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

What's next week's powerball #s?

McVay hasn't even ruled Gurley out for this week yet and we're already making timelines?  Seems dubious.

Miami has a better chance of winning a game this year than a player going from Questionable to Doubtful on a Friday playing that same Sunday.

• Like 3

Just now, vercrazy said:

Miami has a better chance of winning a game this year than a player going from Questionable to Doubtful on a Friday playing that same Sunday.

Right.  I'm not saying he's playing, what I am saying is trying to suggest that Todd Gurley is out for "two weeks max" given that his coach doesn't seem to have a definitive handle on his injury status (Talib was already ruled out on the same report) seems like we're just guessing.

• Like 1

I've always said this will be the guy if Gurley misses multiple games, but I'd be shocked if Brown didn't get the bulk of the action this week. The distribution will be very interesting. 

Just now, BGDDYKWL said:

I've always said this will be the guy if Gurley misses multiple games, but I'd be shocked if Brown didn't get the bulk of the action this week. The distribution will be very interesting. 

I don't know if either guy could "win" the job against this SF front, but I think one could lose it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sSektor said:

This dude has played all of like 2 snaps and Gurley is going to be out maybe 2 weeks max lol

Then he’ll play 3 games and be out for another 4

On 10/10/2019 at 1:48 PM, Chwf3rd said:

The Rams took him early 3rd round

He was going in the top 8 rounds this summer

The Rams still have one of the most RB friendly offenses in the NFL

Gurley hasn’t looked like himself and is now dealing with a mysterious injury

Henderson is a must stash at this point

Was half hoping Gurley played this week because I have other needs to attend to. Would have to drop Henderson to do so.

Now, hard to drop. Who knows? Maybe there's something more to what's going on with Gurley and he's more or less injured garbage the rest of the year. 

Even if Henderson were to have an even split with Brown by say, week 8, there's significant value there.

Damn. Gotta hold. See what happens.

24 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'd suspect you'll have to be patient.  I don't think they'll be able to move the ball against SF real well.

But if Gurley misses next week against ATL things could get interesting.

Definitely. I'm just hoping to see usage rather than insane production. 49ers are a good defense.

• Like 1

Just now, 3FLi said:

Definitely. I'm just hoping to see usage rather than insane production. 49ers are a good defense.

Agreed.  I think best case scenario, he sees about 5-10 touches and maybe pops a long one.

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

3d2qsd.jpg

I mean I’d rather have Brown but Henderson is as good a stash as any

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Your fear makes us stronger.

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

I mean I’d rather have Brown but Henderson is as good a stash as any

Thus “yet”

48 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2019/10/11/todd-gurleys-injury-gives-rams-darrell-henderson-a-long-awaited-chance-to-play/amp/

Gurley said Henderson is ready.

“If I’m not able to go, this is his time to be able showcase why he’s been drafted and why he’s the player he is,” Gurley said Thursday.

just added him based on this 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2019/10/11/todd-gurleys-injury-gives-rams-darrell-henderson-a-long-awaited-chance-to-play/amp/

Gurley said Henderson is ready.

“If I’m not able to go, this is his time to be able showcase why he’s been drafted and why he’s the player he is,” Gurley said Thursday.

I like this quote too!

“Speed!” Brown said when asked what he has seen from Henderson in practice.

Even brown admits it!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

I like this quote too!

“Speed!” Brown said when asked what he has seen from Henderson in practice.

Even brown admits it!

Potentially exciting/intriguing/etc, but the NFL is full of fast guys. Show me something, Henderson!

If Brown struggles against SF’s tough front, we could very well see the Rams turn to Henderson early, using dump offs as the rushing game. Especially if SF jumps out to a quick lead.

11 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If Brown struggles against SF’s tough front, we could very well see the Rams turn to Henderson early, using dump offs as the rushing game. Especially if SF jumps out to a quick lead.

They've been pretty good at limiting this as well.  

Mixon 3 catches for 10 yards

RoJo/Barber 3 catches for 30 yards

Conner 4 catches for 14 yards

Chubb 1 catch for 12 yards

All playing catchup against intense pressure.

17 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If SF jumps out to a quick lead I’d say McVay is more likely to abandon the running game altogether like he’s been doing all season. Could be another 50+ passes from Goff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, smeeze said:

If SF jumps out to a quick lead I’d say McVay is more likely to abandon the running game altogether like he’s been doing all season. Could be another 50+ passes from Goff.

Seems likely.

If there is one spot where they are vulnerable, looks like corner depth.

Cooper Kupp game incoming methinks.

• Like 2

I don't feel good about him getting involved at all. I would think McVay sticks to what he trusts in Brown and uses Henderson barely, if at all. And the other users are right about McVay abandoning the run. Maybe he falls in for a TD though?

27 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't feel good about him getting involved at all. I would think McVay sticks to what he trusts in Brown and uses Henderson barely, if at all. And the other users are right about McVay abandoning the run. Maybe he falls in for a TD though?

But he may get involved in the passing game... I think McVay saw a Kamara/Ingram type backfield when he drafted Henderson. Knowing Gurley was unable to handle 300 plus carries anymore. Obviously it hasn’t happened yet but I think that was his vision when the took him in rd 3