Sign in to follow this  
brockpapersizer

Carson Kelly 2019 Outlook

15 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Maybe I'm just a realist and Carson Kelly is a decent NL only catcher who isn't in the Top 5 in the NL. 

You can retry your top 5 in the NL again. Your last one was a joke after the top 3. Alfaro and Posey will firmly be drafted under Kelly.

So

giphy.gif

Conteras, Will Smith, Grandal, Ramos, Realmuto off the top of my head are the only ones we can consider in the NL over Kelly. At worst I'd have him 6th. Grandal is a FA too.

Edited by brockpapersizer

38 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Conteras, Will Smith, Grandal, Ramos, Realmuto off the top of my head are the only ones we can consider in the NL over Kelly. At worst I'd have him 6th. Grandal is a FA too.

This one I can agree more with but who knows where Grandal plays. 

3 minutes ago, Fielder1831 said:

This one I can agree more with but who knows where Grandal plays. 

I think Smith is actually pretty close with Kelly for #5 (assuming grandal stays).  Smith has been great but I feel like Dodgers won't give him as many starts as we like from a #1 catcher. I could be wrong. Dodgers also have 2 decently regarded catchers in AA/AAA too.  I guess technically the Dbacks have Varsho in their system too, but he projects as an infielder. 

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

I think Smith is actually pretty close with Kelly for #5 (assuming grandal stays).  Smith has been great but I feel like Dodgers won't give him as many starts as we like from a #1 catcher. I could be wrong. Dodgers also have 2 decently regarded catchers in AA/AAA too.  I guess technically the Dbacks have Varsho in their system too, but he projects as an infielder. 

Lately, Smith has been awful. And not a little bit. Yet, I don't say he's going to suck in the future but I'll wait to see him hitting for a full season with the Dodgers before to make any conclusion. He has the potential for sure.

23 hours ago, Fielder1831 said:

You can retry your top 5 in the NL again. Your last one was a joke after the top 3. Alfaro and Posey will firmly be drafted under Kelly.

So

giphy.gif

The ultimate subject was whether or not Carson Kelly was a Top 5 Catcher. I was simply pointing out how inaccurate that was by saying that not only was he not a Top 5 MLB catcher he wasn't a Top 5 NL only catcher

You guys seemed locked in to the NL only sub point, Instead of just acknowledging the fact that Carson Kelly is no where near a Top 5 MLB catcher you seem hellbent to prove what?? That he's better than Jorge Alfaro therefore he's #5 NL catcher instead of #6. Big F'in deal none of these clowns are winning any fantasy leagues for anybody. As of today according to ESPN's player rater he is the 17th ranked Catcher. With a 0.72 rating meaning the guy is barely above replacement level production. 

The next time you post come to the table with facts and stop trying to attack me. Prove to me why you think he is a Top 5 MLB catcher. Remember if you go back and "retry" or go back and re read the original discussion you'll quickly see that the discussion was about Top 5 MLB catchers. I was simply pointing out how drastically wrong that was.