BrianM

Dede Westbrook 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Guwop said:

another rotoworld "high upside" train about to derail 

due to Foles' injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Look I'm not saying Dede is bad

 

I'm just saying Chark is a lot better

 

So I guess I am saying that Dede is bad

This is a classic casual fantasy owner misconception. The team is feeding Dede Westbrook targets for a reason. They see everyday what he's capable of. As Juju fans are learning, #2 receivers tend to look really good as long as they have that #1 guy drawing the attention away. Westbrook is still the alpha male. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's still a hold, even with the frustrating dropped TD pass. He received 9 targets and just that alone is worth a bench spot at minimum.  He will continue to be on my bench but if this kid keeps getting 9 targets a game then you have to keep him around, especially in 12 man leagues. You drop him someone is picking him up 100%.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DooDoo Westbrook. Time to cut bait.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

DooDoo Westbrook. Time to cut bait.

Ok, for all those saying cut bait, who are you dropping him for? I'd seriously like to know who you can pick up off waivers that will be getting 9 targets a game? What type of league are you in? 

Hey if you want to get rid of him that's fine but I sure hope you can package him up in a trade as someone will pick him up off waivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Ok, for all those saying cut bait, who are you dropping him for? I'd seriously like to know who you can pick up off waivers that will be getting 9 targets a game? What type of league are you in? 

Hey if you want to get rid of him that's fine but I sure hope you can package him up in a trade as someone will pick him up off waivers.

Dropped him for Mecole Hardman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own zero shares of Dede, but I actually think last night was a good night for him (not his owners). 

He got targeted 9 times in a game where the Jags were winning from the start. 

He got targeted in the EZ. 

He got targeted deep. 

He got targeted repeatedly despite a couple of horrid drops which means the coaching staff really believe in him. 

If you own him, I could see the frustration but he seems like a good buy low candidate. Chark looks good, but Dede is the #1 guy for targets in that offense. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Westbrook had 9 targets (led the team)

 

Was a wet field, rainy conditions. Jags are not fading Dede westbrook. OC DeFillipo called him one of the best route runners he has coached.

 

Better days ahead.

 

Actions speak louder than words , a coach buttering up his receiver means little to me. I'm not saying Westbrook is going to be a complete bum. But for me in my 10 team league , it's time to move on. I drafted DeDe for his upside and chemistry with Foles , the equation is wholly different now.  To each their own, if you're holding and hoping for better days, by all means that is your prerogative, go for it. 9 Targets ok , and him dropping half of them is doing him no favors for the future. This aerial attack can barely support one WR by a rookie QB , and I wholly believe that is DJ Chark.  I'm still rooting for the kid ,and I hope he balls out & proves me wrong . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

due to Foles' injury

 

derail is derail and even then charknado was seeing work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Big Nate said:

Ok, for all those saying cut bait, who are you dropping him for? I'd seriously like to know who you can pick up off waivers that will be getting 9 targets a game? What type of league are you in? 

Hey if you want to get rid of him that's fine but I sure hope you can package him up in a trade as someone will pick him up off waivers.

 

good point the breakout rookies are likely gone on most of their waivers unless they had space or dropped him after week one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Big Nate said:

He's still a hold, even with the frustrating dropped TD pass. He received 9 targets and just that alone is worth a bench spot at minimum.  He will continue to be on my bench but if this kid keeps getting 9 targets a game then you have to keep him around, especially in 12 man leagues. You drop him someone is picking him up 100%.

 

98% He is sitting unclaimed in both my 12-team PPR league and 12-team standard league. 

He may be #1 on the team, but he’s not the #1 fantasy WR on the team. Can the Jags support 2 relevant WRs in this system? Time will tell. 

Hes dropping passes yesterday. He put up 1 catch against Houston last week. 

QBs are averaging 3.9 yards per attempt when targeting him. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just dropped him for p dorsett, after hearing of ab released.

Edited by Rozr1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

 

Actions speak louder than words , a coach buttering up his receiver means little to me. I'm not saying Westbrook is going to be a complete bum. But for me in my 10 team league , it's time to move on. I drafted DeDe for his upside and chemistry with Foles , the equation is wholly different now.  To each their own, if you're holding and hoping for better days, by all means that is your prerogative, go for it. 9 Targets ok , and him dropping half of them is doing him no favors for the future. This aerial attack can barely support one WR by a rookie QB , and I wholly believe that is DJ Chark.  I'm still rooting for the kid ,and I hope he balls out & proves me wrong . 

I mean we've seen coaches do this countless times where they stick by their worse runningbacks... also if you say actions speak louder than words, you just saw how he was utilized in the game yesterday.  He was targeted much more than Chark and they even had a run-play designed for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He actually might have a decent game if Chark draws CHJ in coverage tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped in my 14 teamer. 

 

Don’t go telling me what to do or it’s AC forum taboo time.

 

But just as a gauge for his value: Is this something people are seeing? Whole leagues, deeper than 10, totally giving up on him? 

 

He did have 9 targets from pornstache just last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Dropped in my 14 teamer. 

 

Don’t go telling me what to do or it’s AC forum taboo time.

 

But just as a gauge for his value: Is this something people are seeing? Whole leagues, deeper than 10, totally giving up on him? 

 

He did have 9 targets from pornstache just last week.

He was dropped in both of my 12 team leagues. Picked up in one of them since. 

I think the issue is upside. Is he a guy that could make a play after the catch and go 60? I see lots of 4/55 and a chance of a TD. 

Right now he is perceived as boring to own.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tenner said:

He was dropped in both of my 12 team leagues. Picked up in one of them since. 

I think the issue is upside. Is he a guy that could make a play after the catch and go 60? I see lots of 4/55 and a chance of a TD. 

Right now he is perceived as boring to own.  

 

Lmao.

 

Fantasy players are so fickle.

 

If you have like 5 bench spots maybe you can't hold him if you are 0-3 but almost any other format he is a hold.

 

Westbrook had the connection with Foles not minshew so it's been a work in progress, the targets last week are more encouraging despite the dropped TD on a wet night. Still the slot guy in an offense that features the slot heavily, still has the trust of the coaching staff, still a flex play and if you make it till Foles comes back he could vault up to WR2, who on the wire will you find like that come playoff time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Lmao.

 

Fantasy players are so fickle.

 

If you have like 5 bench spots maybe you can't hold him if you are 0-3 but almost any other format he is a hold.

 

Westbrook had the connection with Foles not minshew so it's been a work in progress, the targets last week are more encouraging despite the dropped TD on a wet night. Still the slot guy in an offense that features the slot heavily, still has the trust of the coaching staff, still a flex play and if you make it till Foles comes back he could vault up to WR2, who on the wire will you find like that come playoff time?

That was a lot to unpack. Dede had the connection with Foles - you are right. That’s why we jumped aboard. Foles is gone for 8 more weeks or so. 

Are you starting him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tenner said:

That was a lot to unpack. Dede had the connection with Foles - you are right. That’s why we jumped aboard. Foles is gone for 8 more weeks or so. 

Are you starting him? 

 

Not this week on the road in Denver but I will at some point coming up. His projections on most major platforms is still hovering around guys like Calvin Ridley. For those in return yardage leagues he is still returning punts. 

 

Westbrook is still the slot guy in an offense that DeFillipo used to turn Adam thielen into a stud. DJ Chark is scoring TDs on a handful of targets, which is good but DeDe is still the one gobbling up targets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Lmao.

 

Fantasy players are so fickle.

 

If you have like 5 bench spots maybe you can't hold him if you are 0-3 but almost any other format he is a hold.

 

Westbrook had the connection with Foles not minshew so it's been a work in progress, the targets last week are more encouraging despite the dropped TD on a wet night. Still the slot guy in an offense that features the slot heavily, still has the trust of the coaching staff, still a flex play and if you make it till Foles comes back he could vault up to WR2, who on the wire will you find like that come playoff time?


If it helps I dropped him for Drake in my 12-man 0.5 PPR solely on the basis that a starting RB (which are SCARCE) with trade potential is a more valuable stash on my bench than Dede whom is part of a more replaceable group of WRs. (Starting 2WR, 2RB, FLEX).
 

I wouldn’t be starting him anyway, so might as well go for better assets. When all the RBs left on the wire are guys like Ryquell Armstead or Jalen Richard and there’s still decent upside WRs like Preston Williams or Diontae Johnson, I’d say it’s better to hoard RB depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Proteus said:

Dropped in my 14 teamer. 

 

Don’t go telling me what to do or it’s AC forum taboo time.

 

But just as a gauge for his value: Is this something people are seeing? Whole leagues, deeper than 10, totally giving up on him? 

 

He did have 9 targets from pornstache just last week.

 

He was available in my 12 team keeper league until I scooped him up because of his 9th rd value.

Im trying to trade him now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.