Sack Exchange

Jarvis Landry 2019 Outlook

He's well more than average but PPR is what this guy is about. If the Browns' O is half what most seem to expect he should be well worth a late roster spot. Chubb isn't all that as a pass-catching RB, plus what if Beckham gets hurt, which has been known to happen off and on?  He becomes WR1 with a great supporting cast so the upside is there.

Hard situation to read since we don't have a clue how the target share will break down. He nearly hit 1,000 yards last year, and was WR18 without ODBJ. Obviously a good player, but you'd think he'd be more of a slot guy this year? Flip side is that Beckham will draw a lot of coverage and might open up the field a bit. Clear #2 on a high-powered offense.

4 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

This guy is going to be a ppr monster this year. I think he's a WR2 with low end WR1 upside in full ppr.

I don’t see it. Baker reminds me of Brees, he won’t be locked on to Landry, and I don’t see how he’ll score fantasy points without racking up catches considering he has never been a downfield or TD threat. I see a lot of 6-40 lines coming his way.

Edited by MJJ28

30 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Not good for Jarvis if OBJ misses time. Need OBJ to man the outside.

Sounds like more of a potential decoy than anything else. OBJ will be out there. 

4 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

What’s the feeling on this guy after 2 weeks? I personally will probably drop him for a hot FA

Nah. Browns offense will come good, and the lack of Njoku on a short week means he is essentially their 3rd down bail-out option. 2 weeks in. Don't panic.

3 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Nah. Browns offense will come good, and the lack of Njoku on a short week means he is essentially their 3rd down bail-out option. 2 weeks in. Don't panic.

Well he only has 7 catches for 99 yards, and Freddie Kitchens seems to be struggling with his play call. He’s looking like a WR4 as of now. There are guys like McLaurin, Metcalf, & the Chiefs wide outs that could be a flex play, while Landry is barely getting any run. I know it’s week 2 but it doesn’t look like he’s being featured too much in this offense. Then again, he’s an OBJ injury from being the number 1 guy.

baker doesn't seem like a good QB, hurt landry's chance to revive even more

Now they're changing the offense scheme to mitigate the quick pass rush they are getting. This now calls for more dink and dunk and quick passes... I think if you don't own Jarvis now would be the ultimate time to buy low

29 minutes ago, koreaonaboat said:

Now they're changing the offense scheme to mitigate the quick pass rush they are getting. This now calls for more dink and dunk and quick passes... I think if you don't own Jarvis now would be the ultimate time to buy low

can you provide any source for this info? thanks

4 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

can you provide any source for this info? thanks

• Kitchens is taking the blame here and sounds like he'll change the offensive gameplan to scheme around his below-average offensive line, but Mayfield also needs to work on feeling and avoiding pressure. The change in gameplan is likely opting for more quick-hitting passes, especially when facing defensive lines that can get after the quarterback. Next week, Mayfield will go up against Aaron Donald and the Rams, so now is the time for a change. Mayfield has the fifth-highest sack percentage through two weeks.

Sep 17, 2019, 6:09 PM ET

•  
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I would trade anything of significant value for him but I got him today as a total throw in on the back end of a trade. The guy seemed to have zero interest in holding him at all. I was pretty surprised. I'd check in on him in some of your leagues. I'm not super excited but he should still be a nice occasional flex/very good bye week WR to use. 

• Like 1

For whatever reason I am skeptical Landry gets more looks with Njoku out. As for this week, I've read Landry will likely face Nickell Robey-Coleman, who is pretty good. 

I don't think you should really hesitate to drop him if there's a big win on the wire. There's probably WRs kicking around leagues that can generate similar fantasy points per week regularly. I definitely don't see him having similar ceilings to previous seasons with ODB hoovering targets. Rashard Higgins is also on track to return this week (after missing week 2).

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I don't think you should really hesitate to drop him if there's a big win on the wire. There's probably WRs kicking around leagues that can generate similar fantasy points per week regularly. I definitely don't see him having similar ceilings to previous seasons with ODB hoovering targets. Rashard Higgins is also on track to return this week (after missing week 2).

I wouldn't drop him in any PPR leagues just yet

He’s still a target monster and I gotta think this offense will come around. Don’t drop and I would go out and try to get him. 

I just traded away Hyde and Robby Anderson for him 

He seemed to get a lot more looks this week, and I think that trend continues. Bye week cover fodder for now, but maybe more later on - plus the matchups get easier.

Until that O Line can fix their s--- I'm not in a hurry to add Jarvis who was dropped week 2 in my league.  

He's being outscored on the regular by guys on my waiver wire.

His stats have been down since Kitchens took over, right?