Osu1456

James Karinchak - CLE RP

This guy looks like the next big bullpen threat for the Indians. His arsenal includes a fastball that sits in the mid 90s and a devastating 12-to-6 curveball. There is a lot of deception in his delivery that can create a ton of swing and misses. He is showing elite command this year, an improvement on last year's numbers. He currently has a 32/3 K/BB ratio in 13.0 innings and has only allowed 5 hits.

It takes a lot to get me to care about a minor league reliever, but those numbers are insane. He strikes out 2/3 of the batters he faces. His xFIP is negative.

If he keeps doing this he’ll be in Cleveland soon, and a guy who strikes out almost everyone has at least a little fantasy value regardless of role. If he closes someday, that would be exciting.

3 hours ago, SpartyOn4 said:

It takes a lot to get me to care about a minor league reliever, but those numbers are insane. He strikes out 2/3 of the batters he faces. His xFIP is negative.

If he keeps doing this he’ll be in Cleveland soon, and a guy who strikes out almost everyone has at least a little fantasy value regardless of role. If he closes someday, that would be exciting.

my thoughts exactly. its tough to find some footage on him but I believe there are some college tapes of him at Bryant when he was a starting pitcher.

Posted (edited)

wow, thanks for pointing him out.  those are indeed, insane numbers in AA.  worth following for sure.

since they brought him to AAA, he has 3 hits in 3 innings and 1 walk, but he struck out 8 of the other 9 guys.

2019 AKR EAS AA 0 0 0.00 10 0 0 0 6 6 10.0 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 24 .061 0.40 0.75
2019 COL INT AAA 0 0 0.00 3 0 0 0 0 0 3.0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 8 .273 1.33 -.--
Edited by tesla

2 hours ago, appleapple5 said:

Is there a possibility he comes up this season?

I would say yes. As long as his control doesn't get completely out of whack, no reason he shouldn't be up. Also worth noting that he is not in Yahoo's database. 

Currently on a rehab assignment in the AZL. 1st appearance he struck out all 3 batters he faced. Once he's back up to speed, he could make an impact come September. 

• Like 1