Backdoor Slider

Oscar Mercado 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

I hope the kid gets 20ABs/wk but that seems aggressive.  Likely to be in the 12-15AB/wk range.  If you're weighing options on which call-up to grab, I have to put Mercado lower on the list because of the situation.  

Edited by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, MoonyGray said:

I’m liking his AB’s lately and CarGo DFA’d makes him even more intriguing. 

This is a huge win for Oscar Mercado 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, legia13 said:

Up to 7th in the order in today's lineup. 

Huge impact in my opinion. When batting 9th, he has been quoted as saying he didn't want to run into outs with Lindor hitting behind him. I think he is much more likely to steal bases in the 7 hole.

5 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Batting 9th again tonight. 👎

Well, he went 0 for 4 last game. He must be punished. 

9 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

Well, he went 0 for 4 last game. He must be punished. 

Yeah I can only imagine the pressure he feels right now to produce. First game he looked bad with 3 ks, and that got him on the bench for two games. Moved to 7th, 0-4, back to 9th. Give the kid at least a little leash Francona!

LATEST NEWS

MAY 23, 7:01 PM CDT

Mercado exited Thursday's game against the Rays following a collision in the outfield, Mandy Bell of MLB.com reports.

ANALYSIS

Mercado and Leonys Martin crashed into each other while diving for a ball. Both players remained in the game initially, but Mercado was removed after hitting a single in his next at-bat. The nature and severity of his injury is unclear, but the issue would seem to be in his hip or groin based on where Martin ran into him.

Mercado was forced to leave Thursday's game against the Rays with a right hip contusion, Ryan Lewis of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Mercado suffered the injury in an outfield collision with Leonys Martin. He remained in the game initially and singled in his next at-bat but was removed for a pinch runner after reaching second base. The diagnosis of a contusion appears to suggest that his absence won't be a long one, though the Indians have yet to announce his expected return date.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Not in the lineup tonight. 

How much longer is every one holding out? 

And they're starting their 3rd catcher at DH, against Snell.  No idea what is going on in CLE, but that's been the case since December.

Mercado is likely sitting due to a collision in the field the other day.

Edited by Lebanasty
news

21 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Not in the lineup tonight. 

How much longer is every one holding out? 

Im going to hold out for a long time.

• Like 1

Mercado is day-to-day.

Platoon player now hurt, why all the optimism this year?

21 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Platoon player now hurt, why all the optimism this year?

Not so sure what you mean by platoon player....he had started every day consecutively for a week before hurt.

• Like 2

Back and hitting 2nd today. It’s about time Francona put him at the top. Of course he couldn’t drop his love toy in Kipnis too far (batting 4th). 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Back and hitting 2nd today. It’s about time Francona put him at the top. Of course he couldn’t drop his love toy in Kipnis too far (batting 4th). 

Kipnis batting clean up? These are dark times indeed...

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Not so sure what you mean by platoon player....he had started every day consecutively for a week before hurt.

Just saw that should have been thorough before posting, thanks man for pointing it out.

Well then if he hits and Franco leaves him in there this could be a very nice player, albeit with a low BA more than likely

As long as we get decent counting numbers and get SB's - I will be very happy to have this guy at the end of my lineup. 

Oscar likes being in the 2-hole...2/4 with a dinger today.   Hopefully this is the production needed to convince Tito to keep him at the top of the order.  But then again, it’s Tito...