The 7th Beatles

Keston Hiura 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Tricky part will be what happens if he struggles and Shaw goes on his minor league rehab stint (which is why he went to the Inept List) and starts crushing the ball?  These things often work themselves out if the player hits.  So he’ll be under the gun a bit to show some early results.

Edited by Cmilne23

2 minutes ago, abachar said:

Waiting for them to demote/IL bum a** Travis Shaw so the path to every day PT is there...

Then you won't get him if you wait 

Just now, abachar said:

Waiting for them to demote/IL bum a** Travis Shaw so the path to every day PT is there...

While you are waiting everyone else is picking him up. Shaw is going to be IL'd in a corresponding move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abachar said:

Shaw is going on IL. go get Keston.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

Senzel has an all around better skill set, but Hiura has more power, higher K's.  I like them both, but Senzel is a really big deal in Cincy, and should be leading off.  We don't know where Hiura will hit, or even if he will stay in Majors.  Senzel is franchise corner stone, and won't be going back down.

Hiura is every bit the offensive prospect as Senzel. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Shiny new toy.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Glad I was listening to MLB on XM in the car. Don’t know what I would do without that station and MLB Network in tv. 

24 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

Senzel has an all around better skill set, but Hiura has more power, higher K's.  I like them both, but Senzel is a really big deal in Cincy, and should be leading off.  We don't know where Hiura will hit, or even if he will stay in Majors.  Senzel is franchise corner stone, and won't be going back down.

Fair points. I own both Senzel and Hiura in a keeper league and feel that Hiura has the better long term outlook but the Brewers lineup is already stacked at the top (Cain/Yelich) so it may be tough for him to crack the top of the order this year.  

It will be interesting to see where he bats tonight. 

Posted (edited)

I just can't imagine playing time is a concern. He'd have to be terrible to get sent back down. You don't call up a top prospect like this just to have him split time. I assume he's their new everyday second baseman. Travis Shaw would have to be spectacular to get his job back. 

Edited by PhilaFanBoy

1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

I just can't imagine playing time is a concern. He'd have to be terrible to get sent back down. You don't call up a top prospect like this just to have him split time. I assume he's their new everyday second baseman.

Again, all depends on productivity.  Not doubting though.  

Posted (edited)

Playing your home games @ Miller park (as a hitter) is a plus if nothing else. Thanks to all these guys all over this. Again, reason I love RW. :)

Edited by Z06vette

17 minutes ago, bcobb311 said:

Glad I was listening to MLB on XM in the car. Don’t know what I would do without that station and MLB Network in tv. 

forums.rotoworld.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

I just can't imagine playing time is a concern. He'd have to be terrible to get sent back down. You don't call up a top prospect like this just to have him split time. I assume he's their new everyday second baseman. Travis Shaw would have to be spectacular to get his job back. 

Agreed. I'm not really concerned with playing time.  Just noting that Senzel could punch a baby on live TV, and bat .200 ROS, and still have no chance at being sent down, or benched.  He's looked at as a savior for the Reds.  

The Brewers are in good shape as an organization, and Hiura could take them to another level, but if Shaw comes back and starts raking, is Hiura a lock for every day at bats?  Even if struggling?  It's a legitimate reality, however unlikely.   

Edited by HulkSmash

2 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

Agreed. I'm not really concerned with playing time.  Just noting that Senzel could punch a baby on live TV, and bat .200 ROS, and still have no chance at being sent down, or benched.  He's looked at as a savior for the Reds.  

The Brewers are in good shape as an organization, and Hiura could take them to another level, but if Shaw comes back and starts raking, is Hiura a lock for every day at bats?  Even if struggling?  It's a legitimate concern, however unlikely.  

Shaw sliding back to 1B would be the ideal there then, if he starts hitting again, as Jesus Aguilar has been a steaming pile of trash with no production and Thames isnt a guy theyre gonna go to more than sporadically. 

• Like 1

Just now, dzemens said:

Shaw sliding back to 1B would be the ideal there then, if he starts hitting again, as Jesus Aguilar has been a steaming pile of trash with no production and Thames isnt a guy theyre gonna go to more than sporadically. 

Agreed, also.  Aguillar could start mashing like he did last year, though so far this season, he's done very little to inspire confidence.  Just want people to realize that both of these guys are potential phenoms, and one is just a bit safer than the other if you're in a deep league, and have to choose between the two.  Neither should be anywhere near the waiver wire.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

Agreed. I'm not really concerned with playing time.  Just noting that Senzel could punch a baby, and bat .200 ROS, and still have no chance at being sent down, or benched.  He's looked at as a savior for the Reds.  

The Brewers are in good shape as an organization, and Hiura could take them to another level, but if Shaw comes back and starts raking, is Hiura a lock for every day at bats?  Even if struggling?  It's a legitimate concern, however unlikely.  

It seems like the Brewers have plenty of low average power (Shaw, Thames, Aguilar) so if Hiura makes high contact, he's better suited for their lineup. It's not like Shaw is going to come back and hit .300. If Hiura's hitting .280, I don't think there'd be reason to be concerned.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy

2 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

Agreed, also.  Aguillar could start mashing like he did last year, though so far this season, he's done very little to inspire confidence.  Just want people to realize that both of these guys are potential phenoms, and one is just a bit safer than the other if you're in a deep league, and have to choose between the two.  Neither should be anywhere near the waiver wire.

both of who? travish shaw? phenom?

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

both of who? travish shaw? phenom?

Senzel / Hiura.  Gonna stop talking about Senzel, though.  Hiura is a must-own, potential beast at a shallow position.  I'm excited to own him!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would pump the brakes a little bit. His troubling K-rate had been trending in the right direction in the minors but it may make for a rocky transition to the bigs. PCL tends to inflate numbers as well.

But, I agree, he should be nabbed in most leagues. 

Edited by IceGoat

1 hour ago, High&Inside said:

Trending in the right direction. Has only struck out 8 times in the last 11 games. 

He has struck out 8 times in the last 6 games. 

Lets be real. AAA numbers are all inflated now that they use the same ball as MLB. Just facing less talented pitchers. It's gotten to a point i'm ignoring them vs other levels for hitters. I've found pitchers who are having success in AAA way more compelling lotto tickets.

Hirura has the excellent hit/power combo though. This is still high upside no question's asked must be owned.

2 minutes ago, mortl said:

Hiura Mlb comparison ?

Really, really hard to do.

Guy hits lasers all over. Some pop. A little speed. If things work out, I think he could be a Pedroia-type hitter long-term. .300/22/15 type seasons. But obviously a wide range of possibilities.