The 7th Beatles

Keston Hiura 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So very true.  There is zero market for either of them.

This is their year with the Moose running loose as a FA next season.  But Milwaukee never heard of "Seize the moment" and has decided to seize defeat from the jaws of victory instead by refusing to put their best line-up out on the field.

Not trying to get off topic, but follow me here for a second...

My beloved Braves are being equally stupid. They have a good 5-6 young/high upside SP’s that all of baseball covet (position wise), yet GLARING issues in the BP, and no proven closer. A simple trade or two, and problems solved. Jackson, Minter, Tuki, Nuke PLUS the new additions and a weakness becomes a strength, instantly! When you consider that you have a small window before SP’s that will never join your rotation lose their luster and youth, why the hell has AA refused to be proactive, “seize the moment”, and make a legitimate run @ a ring rather than limp (hopefully) into the post season? 

Point is, despite the obvious to us fans and reporters, the brass will do what they and only they feel is right. It sucks, and the MIL situation isn’t apples to apples, but very few teams seem to ever do what’s obviously needed. MIL & ATL being smaller market teams just work differently than the Yanks, Dodgers, Sawx, Stros, etc... and routinely pay the price! 

When the stars align, go BIG! Look what the Giants did w/ a mediocre squad recently. 3 rings in 5 years because they didn’t play games, rather put the best possible team out they could and went for it! (Getting hot and lucky helped obviously, but rings are rings!) 

That and Atlanta’s ownership is essentially a real estate management company fronting as a baseball franchise at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LarryChip10 said:

Not trying to get off topic, but follow me here for a second...

My beloved Braves are being equally stupid. They have a good 5-6 young/high upside SP’s that all of baseball covet (position wise), yet GLARING issues in the BP, and no proven closer. A simple trade or two, and problems solved. Jackson, Minter, Tuki, Nuke PLUS the new additions and a weakness becomes a strength, instantly! When you consider that you have a small window before SP’s that will never join your rotation lose their luster and youth, why the hell has AA refused to be proactive, “seize the moment”, and make a legitimate run @ a ring rather than limp (hopefully) into the post season? 

Point is, despite the obvious to us fans and reporters, the brass will do what they and only they feel is right. It sucks, and the MIL situation isn’t apples to apples, but very few teams seem to ever do what’s obviously needed. MIL & ATL being smaller market teams just work differently than the Yanks, Dodgers, Sawx, Stros, etc... and routinely pay the price! 

When the stars align, go BIG! Look what the Giants did w/ a mediocre squad recently. 3 rings in 5 years because they didn’t play games, rather put the best possible team out they could and went for it! (Getting hot and lucky helped obviously, but rings are rings!) 

My problem is the same, but kind of the opposite. I don’t want to trade away pieces for rentals, but f’ing Craig Kimbrel was available and all it took was money and they let him go to another team. That’s infuriating. The payroll is lower than last year, and they’re almost already operating on surplus value for the Albies and Acuna contracts. Those two will end up providing $200M in surplus value over the next decade, and you can’t grab Kimbrel?  Go sign some people. 

Atlanta picked up Swark who is plenty good.  Their bullpen is fine enough to win through with it.  But Milwaukee's line-up is costing them game after game after game right now and Hiura is available for free immediately.  Brewers can still keep Shaw for down the road when the September line-ups expand and for next year.  They don't lose Shaw.  They send him down for a long term and much needed tune-up.  It is a win-win no brainer for them so of course they are not doing it.

• Like 2

The Brewers currently, have 3 players on their 25 man roster, that are absolutely useless (Shaw, Aguilar, and Perez).  No one is requesting they rid themselves of all three.  But jfc, make a move with one of them.  The lack of a move, borders on incompetence.  Are they trying to win games?  Or stroke egos?

• Like 3

Now, if/when this kid gets called up, more and more anticipation/pressure is building. Hope he doesn't struggle with all the building expectations.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Atlanta picked up Swark who is plenty good.  Their bullpen is fine enough to win through with it.  But Milwaukee's line-up is costing them game after game after game right now and Hiura is available for free immediately.  Brewers can still keep Shaw for down the road when the September line-ups expand and for next year.  They don't lose Shaw.  They send him down for a long term and much needed tune-up.  It is a win-win no brainer for them so of course they are not doing it.

On point! MIL needs a bolt of lightning and it’s right there... dumbfounding, but covered in every possible way. As others have said, they deserve to miss out by one game rather than ten... just to take a never ending rash of s--- for the lies and lunacy!!! 

Swarzak was a sneaky good add IMO, but when I look @ the BP’s of the big boys, were talking 3-4 legit closers AND a half dozen Swarzaks. It’s gluttonous and intimidating! It overcomes a good SP’s bad day when you can go six innings if needed w/ all-star level RP’s. 

My point is we fans of smaller market teams teams will continue to suffer, pull our hair out, and wonder what could have been... while cooperations and their CEO’s, CFO’s, count their money by raking it into large piles and playing like leaves in the front yard. I feel for MIL fans, this team IS special and deserves a shot at going Big this year! Hiura as Members Only stated May wind up damaged by this, may go the Vlad Jr. route when recalled? On a fantasy level that’s s---y, but for long suffering MIL fans, that would be a crime! 

Edited by LarryChip10

[Not going to remove any posts here or anything yet, but if your comment is just complaining about how Hiura hasn't been called up, please consider taking that to the Vent & Rant thread so this thread can focus on Hirua's outlook, official statements from the team about his possible return, etc.  If you want to have a general discussion of the Brewers management / small market / penny-pinching type discussions, that'd be a great way to kick off a Milwaukee Brewers 2019 Outlook thread.]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Refreshing Twitter and this thread looking for breaking news like...

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

I'm getting "immense" ly excited, see above, live footage... 🍾 this has got to be it!!! (24 HR's so far combined @ 2B is the kinda thing that wins people leagues! There was a GIF someone posted a couple years back of him and Trout swinging side by side, wish I could find it because that was the moment I added him. It was uncanny, mind blowing!) Keston Hiura to the rescue (fingers crossed!)

Edited by LarryChip10

So the shady trenchcoat guy got the week messed up?

Posted (edited)

All it took was a humiliating series against the hapless Mariners to knock some sense into this cheap f*** organization.  What will corresponding moves be?  Is Shaw going to get old yellered?

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 2

Just now, Cmilne23 said:

All it took was a humiliating series against the hapless Mariners to knock some sense into this cheap f*** organization.  What will corresponding moves be?  Is Shaw going to get old yellered?

I'm assuming Shaw goes to AAA

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

I'm assuming Shaw goes to AAA

Yep.  Interesting that as soon as the beat writers pressed Counsel publicly this happens.  Makes you think.

• Like 1

I just hope they make a corresponding move that allows all of those guys Counsell was referring to to keep “getting it going.”  Because otherwise that would be...pretty weird, no?

• Like 2