Sign in to follow this  
The 7th Beatles

Keston Hiura 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, mortl said:

Hiura Mlb comparison ?

2016 rougned odor?  

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

2016 rougned odor?  

Higher AVG, less HR, less SB, less Ks, more BBs. Other than that, spot on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Higher AVG, less HR, less SB, less Ks, more BBs. Other than that, spot on!

So Yelich in Miami? (except for the Ks?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

We are on a fantasy baseball forum so I’m making the comparison of him as a hitter to Carlos Correa. Carlos Correa is great defensively so as an overall player they aren’t comparable. I’m baffled that i need to explain my reasoning when it seemed pretty straight forward. 

I'm baffled that you're the one that brought up defense in the first place yet found a way to be perplexed by someone adding a valid point about it to the discussion. 

Edited by Junkie Cosmonaut

2 hits and a BB, feet are wet...he's gonna be a nice pro ballplayer

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I'm baffled that you're the one that brought up defense in the first place yet found a way to be perplexed by someone adding a valid point about it to the discussion. 

My point is that we don't care about how good he is on defense if he is a full time hitter unless you play in a UZR league. Try to keep up.

Edited by hailtoyourvictor

7 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Thanks for the input.  Any idea why the caught stealing are so high?  

He's just not very fast. He's got average speed. I'd be surprised if he ever had double digit steals but he doesn't need them to be a stud. In a 5x5 league I think his upside is having a line like a Freddie Freeman.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Deke said:

forums.rotoworld.com

I kind of like to multitask and listen or watch while browsing the forums  

Edited by bcobb311

Funny how everyone is talking about the “flavor of the day” Riley but nothing is said about this kid’s performance last night. 

5 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Funny how everyone is talking about the “flavor of the day” Riley but nothing is said about this kid’s performance last night. 

This isn't Austin Riley's thread.  If your complaint is that people are talking too much about Riley, head on over there and explain why you think he's the "flavor of the day."  If you want to say something about Hiura's performance, you should just do that instead of talking about other people not doing that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

I mean...it's one game. It's a nice outing but it wasn't so dominant or awful it demands attention. He's an incredible talent and opinions on him should still be where they were yesterday. 2 hits and a walk is fantastic. He's supposed to be a hitting machine so it's nice to see him do in his debut what Shaw has generally been unable to do this season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DonaldsDucks said:

Batting 6th tonight. Working his way up :)

No Grandal today. So not quite yet.

Hasn't looked good today (3 strikeouts) or last night. Lots of swings and misses. Hopefully merely some early jitters. He had an error in the infield today, as well. But you definitely want to see him get going soon to fend off Travis Shaw.

1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Hasn't looked good today (3 strikeouts) or last night. Lots of swings and misses. Hopefully merely some early jitters. He had an error in the infield today, as well. But you definitely want to see him get going soon to fend off Travis Shaw.

Swung and missed at pretty much all fastballs. On a positive note, he did lay off some tough pitches on the outside corner. 

Overreact all you want or dismiss 4ks as nothing, but his contact skills have always been an issue. You guys can argue about his merits going forward but for a persistent issue to pop up in a game where the rest of the team is clubbing the ball does give me some concern that he could be a dead roster spot in the short term. Shaw might be bad right now but he is a proven major league player. I don't think this guy will have a long leash. 

• Like 3

Just now, ComeSaleAway said:

Overreact all you want or dismiss 4ks as nothing, but his contact skills have always been an issue. You guys can argue about his merits going forward but for a persistent issue to pop up in a game where the rest of the team is clubbing the ball does give me some concern that he could be a dead roster spot in the short term. Shaw might be bad right now but he is a proven major league player. I don't think this guy will have a long leash. 

This. I can see this as a definite short term stay for Hiura. 

• Like 1

This thread is a mess. Take it to the Overreaction Thread or Bench Coach if you want to talk Calhoun.

As for Hiura, a bad showing. Surprising because his hit tool is his calling card. But again, game 3. 

If he thinks he has 10 days to prove himself, he may be pressing. Hopefully he can relax. The good news is this team and offense was scuffling and now they’re 3-0 since his call. So shouldn’t feel the pressure to help jump start team. Wouldn’t be shocked if Perez gets the start tomorrow v. Fried (LHP). Give Hiura a chance to catch his breath. Then maybe come back over the weekend and be ready to hit.

• Like 1

Prospect expectations have gotten absurd. 

• Like 3

Send him back down.

• Like 1