Sign in to follow this  
The 7th Beatles

Keston Hiura 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

In both games since he’s been called up:

6/11, 4 runs, 6 hits, 2 HR’s, 5 RBIs.

Hiura has left the bases loaded like 3-4 times with no results.

Confirmed.

See Calhoun - 2018.  It happens. It's been 3 games.  Drop him and move on, stop wasting your time.

31 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Newly arrived fans, welcome to the sport of baseball!  You’re going to enjoy following it!

Lmao these guys are killing me. I can’t tell if they’re trolling or actually being serious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Helms said:

And you would of dropped Calhoun after his first few games last year. But here you are now sucking him off and trying to draw conclusions based off a kids first 10 plate appearances in mlb. 

Give it a rest buddy. You are clearly overreacting. Doesn’t mean you’ll ultimately be wrong about him but to say drop a guy or send him down just bc 10 at bats is honestly one of the stupidest takes I’ve seen on here. 

No worries. Same thing happens every year. All these over-reactors. Will be buried in their baseball leagues and prepping for fantasy football soon enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

You guys are too much!  I’m sitting here LMAO with tears in my eyes. Just 3 games he played . 3.  Numeral tres.  3 as in 1,2,3.  And 1 of those 3 games he went 2/3.  So he is 0 for his last 9.  Did you know Yelich even did that this year or did you know Trout did that this year.  He’s a young kid trying to adjust to the bigs.  I mean can we give him more than just 3 games.  3?  Three??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

No worries. Same thing happens every year. All these over-reactors. Will be buried in their baseball leagues and prepping for fantasy football soon enough. 

Thank you sir!  Well said!

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

So to be clear, you’re judging his ability to hit major league pitching on his first 3 games. That’s what you’re doing? 

My whole original post was geared towards Riley and Calhoun looking to be better pick ups based off what we’ve seen.  How long is the leash?  Your mates grabbing Riley and Calhoun while you’re sitting there saying “Ah, well, maybe 5 more games.  Ah, well, maybe 20 more games with Hiura”

Sometimes you can’t afford to play the waiting game.  Fantasy baseball is very much ride the hot hand at times.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Can you give me a list of all the players on your fantasy team that get multiple hits every single game and never strike out?  That would be really helpful for me.

Willie Calhoun. You're welcome.

Edited by michaelai3
  • Like 1

Just now, DownSouthWolverine said:

My whole original post was geared towards Riley and Calhoun looking to be better pick ups based off what we’ve seen.  How long is the leash?  Your mates grabbing Riley and Calhoun while you’re sitting there saying “Ah, well, maybe 5 more games.  Ah, well, maybe 20 more games with Hiura”

Sometimes you can’t afford to play the waiting game.  Fantasy baseball is very much ride the hot hand at times.

I have him in dynasty so ho-hum no worries for me.

3 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

1) This is a false dichotomy. You do not have to own one or the other. I’m sure you know this.

2) Emotional people who react to small sample sizes don’t win in fantasy baseball.

• Like 3

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

1) This is a false dichotomy. You do not have to own one or the other. I’m sure you know this.

2) Emotional people who react to small sample sizes don’t win in fantasy baseball.

2) This is simply not true.  Major difference in overreacting on a proven hitter vs a guy who just called up from the minors.  Dropping someone like Hiura isn’t going to cause anyone to lose their league.  And if it does, then they had an absolutely horrible draft to begin with if Hiura was supposed to be their saving grace.

2 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

2) This is simply not true.  Major difference in overreacting on a proven hitter vs a guy who just called up from the minors.  Dropping someone like Hiura isn’t going to cause anyone to lose their league.  And if it does, then they had an absolutely horrible draft to begin with if Hiura was supposed to be their saving grace.

This makes no sense and is pretty irrelevant.  Guys with Hiura's potential rarely come along and it would be silly to cut him irrespective of team makeup.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

You keep picking up the guy who had a good game YESTERDAY. See how that works out.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

This makes no sense and is pretty irrelevant.  Guys with Hiura's potential rarely come along and it would be silly to cut him irrespective of team makeup.

Look, you obviously don’t cut him in a dynasty league.  But in a redraft league anything 12 and smaller it’s not unthinkable.  He’s dropping like a fly in yahoo right now.

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

This just isn't true. All of these guys - Hiura, Riley, Calhoun, Lopez, Rodgers, etc. - are or were top prospects and it's a crapshoot which ones will perform at the highest level. You throw a dart and hope it lands. Hiura, while good, isn't Trout, Bryant or Vlad. 

Though dammit, Willie's looked damn good so far.

6 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I don't own Hiura anywhere but I hope he has a monster game tomorrow.

Me too actually.  I don't own him either, but for some to write a prospect of this caliber off after just a handful of games is just ridiculous.  Not unexpected with the way things go around here, but still ridiculous.

It is indeed true that it can sometimes be a crapshoot with prospects of even this caliber, but there's at least a few reasons why prospects end up being as highly regarded as ones such of Hiura, and I would think they deserve a little leash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

He’s a top 20 prospect who was hitting .320+/11 HRs in the minors. He has a 60 FV for hit tool and raw power, and has hit at every level. 

You're really thumping your chest like you called it after 3 games? 

I can’t even with these boards sometimes. 

He dropped trout in a dynasty during his first season. He's trying to be right just once. 

Sick of this slump, I am out!!

he he he

I don't know what the future holds for Keston Hiura, but I feel very comfortable with my prediction that this thread will continue to be an outstanding read.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First HR and crickets. Figures lol

• Like 3

Sounds like Shaw will be back in a week. What happens with Hiura then? 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

spacer.png

Edited by Watermock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Now would be a good time for him to go beast mode.

Honestly, I think 3 multi hit games in your first 6 days in the MLB is pretty good.  The HR today was a laser.  The 4 Ks game was ugly, but just one game.  I’m definitely playing wait and see with the Shaw return.  That lineup and home ballpark could really help his counting stats, if he can just outplay one ice cold, overrated player.  

• Like 3