MrBrown

Austin Riley 2019 Outlook

Rakin' Riley, the Landscaper!!! All this kid does is depress pitchers...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

What are the Braves gonna do when Inciarte returns? Can't imagine they'll take Riley's bat out of the lineup so does Inciarte move to a bench role?

I'm thinking Franmil Reyes In San Diego.  Playing time always opens up for superior talent.  He might be in more of a rotation, but I'd be stunned if he got sent down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

I'm thinking Franmil Reyes In San Diego.  Playing time always opens up for superior talent.  He might be in more of a rotation, but I'd be stunned if he got sent down.

Pretty much.  They can't send him down now.  It wouldn't make any sense for them.  They were disappointing before Riley came up, but they've gone 5-1 since he's been called up.  Obviously Riley will regress a bit at some point, but he's quickly proving to be an extremely important part of their team.

Whether they wanted to bench Inciarte yet since they want to trade him, it's pretty much what it is for them at this point.  I see them using Inciarte to give guys days off, but not in the sense where anybody stops playing everyday.  Riley will likely just slide to third whenever Inciarte plays LF.

Is there any timetable for Inciarte's return?  I wouldn't be thinking about him right now.  But pretty sure he'll be the 4th OF anyway. Other things can happen before he gets back though

take your time, ender.....

Ender Inciarte (back) hasn't started any baseball activities.

Inciarte was placed on the injured list last Wednesday with a lumbar strain and Braves manager Brian Snitker told reporters Tuesday that the team won't rush the rehab process. The center fielder figures to remain sidelined until sometime in early-to-mid June. Ronald Acuna will likely continue to play center for Atlanta, with power-hitting prospect Austin Riley getting everyday action in left.

• Like 4

And this is the concern, once he cools off, I won’t be surprised with a “we need to send him down to keep getting work in the OF.”

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

And this is the concern, once he cools off, I won’t be surprised with a “we need to send him down to keep getting work in the OF.”

If you saw the error, it wasn't much of a "he can't play the OF" situation.  Errors happen to the best of em and that's what happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

It was a tough error IMO. He had to go into a slide to catch the ball.

• Like 3

Move Donaldson to Catcher, have McCann/Flowers platoon as a backup, problem solved!  :lol:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

If you saw the error, it wasn't much of a "he can't play the OF" situation.  Errors happen to the best of em and that's what happened.

Understood. I still worry about what a team will do or use as an excuse to manipulate rosters/young players.

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Understood. I still worry about what a team will do or use as an excuse to manipulate rosters/young players.

I think that the only real concern here is losing late in the game ABs because he’s swapped out as a defensive replacement. 

12 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Move Donaldson to Catcher, have McCann/Flowers platoon as a backup, problem solved!  :lol:

Sounds a lot like

ColorlessShallowGoldfish-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Sounds a lot like

ColorlessShallowGoldfish-max-1mb.gif

071514-MLB-Oakland-Athletics-Josh-Donald

Let's make it happen again!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If he is sent down once Ender returns, fans will revolt. Another homer for Riley.

• Like 2

He’s gonna make Braun’s 2007 look like nothing. 

• Like 1

And he got screwed on the k on his last ab, ball was inside but the ump was ready to hit the road.

• Like 2

Dude is a stud!

6 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

The greatest Austin since.....

Deleted the gif so people don't have to see it several times, but that was a good one.  Riley could even wear that shirt the way he's destroying baseballs...

• Like 1

57% of his fly balls are going yard. He has a mind blowing 60% hard contact rate - 2nd best behind Judge. Unsustainable SSS of course, but this is fun to watch. Sixth highest average exit velocity in baseball. 4th best barrels/batted ball events. He's scorching the ball. There's being on fire, then there's Austin Riley. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

57% of his fly balls are going yard. He has a mind blowing 60% hard contact rate - 2nd best behind Judge. Unsustainable SSS of course, but this is fun to watch. Sixth highest average exit velocity in baseball. 4th best barrels/batted ball events. He's scorching the ball. There's being on fire, then there's Austin Riley. 

Baseball-Ball-Fire-87287.gif

• Haha 1

Can we get this stud a player picture on yahoo already??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Can we get this stud a player picture on yahoo already??

Are you telling me he doesn’t look like slenderman in real life? 

• Haha 1

I know everyone's gonna go crazy at this suggestion, but he is a prime sell candidate.

Hype+Production=Profit. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1