Sign in to follow this  
anton_gambit_11

Hypothetical Question if Durant goes to NY

Im in a debate with a buddy, If KD goes to NY would you draft him over Giannis next year? I said I would.

Any thoughts?

On 5/15/2019 at 8:32 PM, anton_gambit_11 said:

Im in a debate with a buddy, If KD goes to NY would you draft him over Giannis next year? I said I would.

Any thoughts?

yes #1 overall I'd say

I'm taking Giannis and it's not close. Giannis has him in every single Cat except for 3 pointers and even in that CAT it's not a landslide. Giannis towers over him in Rebounds and he averages nearly 1 block more per game which morphs over KD's 1 3PM per game because it's easier in Today's game to find 3 pointers than it is to find Blocks. Plus Giannis is only 24 years old. He's gonna actually get a bit better whereas KD will level off. KD's PPG will probably see a 2-4 point increase on the Knicks but that isn't enough to take him over Giannis. 

Depends. If he does, will he have help? Because KD in a dumpster fire NYK team - and dumpster fires are what the Knicks do best - may mean that anytime he has an ache or scratch he's sitting multiple games, and could get shut down early (see, for ex., AD). And if he does have help, will it be help that fights him for touches, like Kyrie might?  I think Giannis will be a safer pick, and a known quantity who still has room to improve. 

• Like 2